Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 04-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

...you know, the diff (singular, since I am running a spool in the front) in my car is still just fine, smooth as hell, works just fine. Maybe I am just lucky, also being that Kimbrough spurs fit my car,
Old 04-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thrust Bearing

Last saturday it also failed me, my third outing with the car about 20+ packs into it. I took it out for a re-build, the trusht beading just fell apart, the ball holder were shattered but the small balls were ok. I went to replace them with bigger balls from my HPI and voila, it fits perfectly, used six trhust balls and the HPI grease fit in the thrust cone washer as per normal insert and lock with the c-clip put everything back. this weekend will test, hope it works.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default Re: Thrust bearings...

You can run the losi old style thrust balls that are enclosed. Axiom carries them.

Does anyone have any idea on how to stop traction roll. things tried sway bar, stiffer springs from 17.5 to 25 (2.5 diff with stiffer on front), ride height. Any suggestion would be helpful.
Originally posted by MartynD
Ok..

I ran my car about 6 packs with the factory lube in the diffs (US kit). The car was noisey during those 6 packs, so the diffs were pulled apart and greased properly, both the thrust bearing and the diff balls. The thrust bearings were ok at that time...

That was about 15 packs ago. The majority of the time I run stock, though of those 15 likely 5 or so have been with a 19T. Run indoor rubber tires on carpet.

My dilemma... The diffs now feel terrible.. notchy, gritty. How often do you guys pull the diffs and grease them? I am worried now that the thrust bearings have failed... if I pull the diffs apart and discover this to be the case I won't have a car to drive, at $30(CDN) each the thrust bearing that the car should have come with originally is pretty expensive and my LHS doesn't have any anyways. (No Corrally support locally so a substitute is not available either)

ANYONE had a response from XRay about what they intend to do about the thrust bearing issue? I am not handing $60 out only to discover XRay is going to address this issue properly.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: servo saver fk05

Originally posted by ALBERTO
hey has anyone ever broke a servo saver on the fko05????/ and does any know where i can get one, either online or other wise........ thanks
The plastic parts from the fk04 fit the fk05 (I'm 90% sure) you'll just have to take it apart and then use them on your fk05 one.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had an exploded thrust bearing today as well ...same deal it was a silver colored one

...also, something I'm wondering if anyone else has run into ...both the inner and outer bearing on one of my front axles "exploded" another fk05 racer at the same race today had one of his outer bearings explode in the same fashion, like a little piece of the outer race went nuclear or something, here's the remains of both bearings, and you can see the little missing piece:

Old 04-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HarshGuy
I had an exploded thrust bearing today as well ...same deal it was a silver colored one

...also, something I'm wondering if anyone else has run into ...both the inner and outer bearing on one of my front axles "exploded" another racew had one of his outer bearings explod in the same fashion, like a little piece of the outer race went nuclear or something, here's teh remains of both bearings, and you can see the little midding piece:

I had one do that on my XB8. Wonder if it might be a factory defect.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default PRS Gears

Originally posted by HarshGuy
I dunno ...depends how thin they are, I'm using PRS spurs (112 & 116, no 114 available) and before I got a hold of those used RP spurs, with the RP spurs you have to elongate a couple of the srew holes as it's an 8 bol pattern.
112, 114, and 116 PRS gears are available. Ive got them in stock and so does PRS.

EA
Old 04-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

FINALLY RAN THE CAR!!! WOOHOO! I got one the first week they were out. It's been on the shelf ever since...Finally got it out today!

Car is money! Drives smooth. I even noticed they beefed up the front c-hubs around the bottom where they would always break before.

Can't wait for more!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Shock question ?

I'm using tamiya shocks on my x-ray . This is my ? when x-ray on the set-up sheet calls for 4 holes open front and rear, What is the equal on tamiya pistons thanks in advance .
Old 04-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do not get confused with the Tamiya shocks.
You cannot follow the set ups with the Xray shocks.
I ve been using Tamiya shocks from day 1 and my most commonly used set up is the following

-------- FRONT -------------- REAR
----Oil: Assos. 50W ------ Assos. 50W
Piston: 3 holes ------------3 holes
Spring: Xray White------- Tamiya White
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1FK05-img_1474c.jpg  
Old 04-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi,

I aslo have had problems with the thrush bearings form Xray. I ended up replacing them with some I had around. as for the dry diff problem all four of mine were dry. I rebuid them as soon as they feel a little gritty.

Bearing problems:

I have had three bearings go bad in a whole season of racing. two in the rear and one up front I have seen bearings lock up at the track and melt the hubs.

Dr_hfuhuhurr:

Hi,

LUCKY........... I'm still waiting to get a fk05. as Karting season is starting up soon most of the r/c stuff is on hold. and we were still fast with the 04 so........ also I really don't want to go to the Vegas race with a fresh undriven car....

Thanks
Old 04-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Thrust bearings...

Originally posted by Midnight
Does anyone have any idea on how to stop traction roll. things tried sway bar, stiffer springs from 17.5 to 25 (2.5 diff with stiffer on front), ride height. Any suggestion would be helpful.
Midnight, I'd say less droop, but what's you're entire current set-up with the car, tires and track conditions?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
...you know, the diff (singular, since I am running a spool in the front) in my car is still just fine, smooth as hell, works just fine. Maybe I am just lucky, also being that Kimbrough spurs fit my car,
same here
Old 04-25-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Thrust bearings...

Originally posted by Midnight

How about:
More camber
higher roll center
less droop
?

Paul
Old 04-25-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I couldn't for the life of me work out why my 05 xray had sooo much steering. when I put the car on the setup station to check the castor after applying some kickup, I realised what I had done wrong. I had my left and right c-hubs around the wrong way. instead of having +3* I had -3*.
Woops

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.