Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

sakura shocks? even the threaded ones are cheap, color might even be close
Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

I needed some shorter shocks for a TT-01 class that we run so I used the Tamiya M-Chassis TRF shocks.

Same as their normal TRF shocks but in a lower profile. Worked great and only $50 for a set of four.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Could this mean that tekin guys might be happy soon? Streetprice at $135, maybe the powers at be will test it if they don't already have it to test and no one knows.

Originally Posted by bvoltz
New product from Tekin:

Tekin Link

From the Tekin Web Site:

The RS GEN2 SPEC is designed for Spec racing and offers professional performance at an affordable price. True ROAR Spec mode only, no timing or boost features are available. The RS SPEC brings racer-friendly tuning and flawless operation to the world of Spec racing.

Packed with new features, the RS GEN2 SPEC provides an EZ Access Port for HotWire communication and Datalogging capabilities in a small sized package. Rated for 13.5 turn motors and higher, the GEN2 is the perfect ESC for both experienced and new racers. Couple the RS GEN2 SPEC with a Redline GEN2 brushless motor for the ultimate package in Spec racing equipment.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Thats awesome. I love Tekin stuff. It just sucks that I have 2 brand new HW's installed in my vta and gt cars. I know it might seem like I getting a little greedy but wouldnt it be cool if this gets aporoved AND they release a 25.5 that also gets approved for USVTA. Give us a little choice in the class. Then I would def go 100% Tekin.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Personally, I don't care either way. I run the hobbywings in vta and stock. Price point is good, and seems pretty damn good for the price. As long as it tests out even, more power to them..... We had tekin's run from guys starting out before, the old RS was just flat out faster, maybe this without updates or boost/timing will change that. As for a motor, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tekin does have a 25.5 motor out already, correct??
Old 08-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Yes
Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

HW Justock kinda quickly became the VTA ESC to run at our track. I think pretty much everyone has one.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Could this mean that tekin guys might be happy soon? Streetprice at $135, maybe the powers at be will test it if they don't already have it to test and no one knows.
Someone will need to ask Randy about the software in this speedo. It appears to just be the same speedo as the other but just for higher wind motors. If the same software will work on this that works on the other speedo's it wont be allowed in VTA from my understanding. If its locked and no way to update software or use the same software then maybe it will be good to go.

EA
Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tekin has had several years to produce a speed control that is legal for USVTA. They haven't. I'm not going to hold my breath that they ever will. And if they do, it will be over-priced compared to some of the good speed controls that are already USVTA legal.

Edit: The RS Gen2 has HotWire PC Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating. I believe this alone may disqualify it.

Here is a link to Tekin's website for this product (http://www.teamtekin.com/rs_spec.html)
Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Tekin has had several years to produce a speed control that is legal for USVTA. They haven't. I'm not going to hold my breath that they ever will. And if they do, it will be over-priced compared to some of the good speed controls that are already USVTA legal.

Edit: The RS Gen2 has HotWire PC Interface for Advanced Programming and Updating. I believe this alone may disqualify it.

Here is a link to Tekin's website for this product (http://www.teamtekin.com/rs_spec.html)
Isn't that the same as what you can do with a Hobbywing Justock? I can alter mine via a PC interface and update it's firmware.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Someone will need to ask Randy about the software in this speedo. It appears to just be the same speedo as the other but just for higher wind motors. If the same software will work on this that works on the other speedo's it wont be allowed in VTA from my understanding. If its locked and no way to update software or use the same software then maybe it will be good to go.

EA

Agreed, it is a bit confusing. When I asked about a speedo a while back it was explained that the speedo can have no adjustable timing, boost, etc... or the ability to be reprogramed via a computer/card.

On the website it lists as a feature the ability to use hotwire but also lists no adjustable timing. I am encouraged by this. I hope this speedo makes it to the list as I am big fan of Tekin and would switch if approved. I hate decoding leds when it comes to programming and Tekin as a great pit tune feature.

Fingers crossed!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That's probably why ROAR also approves different software too. With the justock, you can update firmware but its always zero timing software. Perhaps that's what will happen with this new Tekin as well.

Either way, it'll still be overpriced for what it will do. Hobbywing kinda demolished everyone in the price vs performance category
Old 08-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hyujmn
Hobbywing kinda demolished everyone in the price vs performance category
Yeah, the price point, footprint and performance is what sold me on the Justock. I was buying used GTBs and GTB2s until other racers convinced me to give HW a shot this past spring. I bought one for my 17.5 touring car, then I fried my trusty GTB2 in my VTA car (reversed polarity, doh!) and replaced it with a Justock, then I won one at the VTA UTAC race in Dallas. My entourage of Novak-powered cars flipped to Hobbywing in less than two weeks!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Been using the Justock as well, and love them. Just know there have been guys asking for a Tekin to fit the bill, this may be as close as they get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.