Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

touch wood but i havent broken anything yet either and also had a few tangles with others too. I see they brought out more durable arms though
Old 08-19-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poop
touch wood but i havent broken anything yet either and also had a few tangles with others too. I see they brought out more durable arms though
Referring to these? VBC-1074 - Suspension Arm Set (Med)
Old 08-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
Referring to these? VBC-1074 - Suspension Arm Set (Med)
not sure but i'm talking about these:

WildFire Suspension Arm Set (Composite Soft) D-05-VBC-0052

http://www.vbcracing.com/collections...-d-05-vbc-0052
Old 08-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Oops. Part number I posted was from crc's site. Here is the vbc number that crc lists. D-05-VBC-0050. http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719409 which I think is a typo now that I look further. Because that's the same part number as the motor guard. Anyhow I think we are looking at the same part.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ran my Wildfire for a 2nd time on rubber tire carpet. Only my 2nd time running carpet after my few year layoff. With the help of one of the faster guys at the track he gave me a few suggestions to try and see if I noticed it getting better. The tops guys are super fast so any gain in laptimes is appreciated.

I gained right at 3 tenths faster a lap and when I was running clean was easily 1 1/2 laps faster than the week before. I still have a lot of learning about my car and carpet.

Huge hing was knowing what my car is doing when I drive it so I could explain it to some of the better guys. With this info a few suggestions and bam its feeling way more consistent and easier to drive and thats what I was looking for. Never needed to be the fastest but just was looking for for more consistency for all 6 minutes of the race with the car feeling good from start to finish. I'm 100% closer this week than last. Bad thing is a new layout is going in so now will be harder to gauge for a few runs.

Now for the breakage report. I did break a front steering knuckle but I deserved it with a huge turn in early that sent my brutally into the outside wall at the end of the high speed straightaway. I would say almost any car would of broke something. The other part was a rear belt but again it was fault as I was pissed being stuck on a pipe too long and just smashed the throttle while stuck 3 or 4 times and spun the belt. It was my fault again so not really pissed other than at myself.

Overall I'm learning the car and what it likes for our track so will keep going down the same path and see what happens.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Your car was very good Brian.
Originally Posted by wyd
Ran my Wildfire for a 2nd time on rubber tire carpet. Only my 2nd time running carpet after my few year layoff. With the help of one of the faster guys at the track he gave me a few suggestions to try and see if I noticed it getting better. The tops guys are super fast so any gain in laptimes is appreciated.

I gained right at 3 tenths faster a lap and when I was running clean was easily 1 1/2 laps faster than the week before. I still have a lot of learning about my car and carpet.

Huge hing was knowing what my car is doing when I drive it so I could explain it to some of the better guys. With this info a few suggestions and bam its feeling way more consistent and easier to drive and thats what I was looking for. Never needed to be the fastest but just was looking for for more consistency for all 6 minutes of the race with the car feeling good from start to finish. I'm 100% closer this week than last. Bad thing is a new layout is going in so now will be harder to gauge for a few runs.

Now for the breakage report. I did break a front steering knuckle but I deserved it with a huge turn in early that sent my brutally into the outside wall at the end of the high speed straightaway. I would say almost any car would of broke something. The other part was a rear belt but again it was fault as I was pissed being stuck on a pipe too long and just smashed the throttle while stuck 3 or 4 times and spun the belt. It was my fault again so not really pissed other than at myself.

Overall I'm learning the car and what it likes for our track so will keep going down the same path and see what happens.
Yesterday was my first outing with my new Wildfire as well as my first day back on RUG.... I am very impressed by the car. It reacted well to every change I made and by the end of the day the car was on pace with the normal fast guys at the track. Now if only the driver would step it up......

Looking forward to the rest of the carpet season.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Your car was very good Brian.

Yesterday was my first outing with my new Wildfire as well as my first day back on RUG.... I am very impressed by the car. It reacted well to every change I made and by the end of the day the car was on pace with the normal fast guys at the track. Now if only the driver would step it up......

Looking forward to the rest of the carpet season.
Thanks Ron. Your car came around quickly. Your car also has some serious rip as well. No doubt with a clean run you have an A main car. The track is tight and very hard to stay clean for 6 minutes as even the top 5 guys where hitting stuff but they kept it to a minimum. Unlike me I would go 3 minutes and they would say I was having a good run and all hell would break loose with over shooting corners and then hitting shit. Back to ok run and then I would drive clean the rest of the race.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ron and Brian both cars looked good yesterday. Help your boy Teach out before he hangs himself. See you this weekend.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SRW141
Ron and Brian both cars looked good yesterday. Help your boy Teach out before he hangs himself. See you this weekend.
Steve I'm pretty sure Teach is beyond help.

In all seriousness Teach if your coming to MRH this week I request the presents of your car in my pit for a little while..... I'll fix you up buddy...
Old 08-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

I'm curious about something. I've only ran a TC6 and it didnt have the belt tensioner, only the cams on the diffs. So whats the point of the tensioner then? If it can be done with the cams. Are the cams a coarse adjustment and the tensioner is more of a fine adjustment? If someone could please explain that it would be greatly appreciated. Or if its been posted before, I'm sure it has, a link would be great.

And a few more questions about the car. The stock shock shafts are not coated at all is that correct?

I'm ready to order this car. Is there anything that I should consider buying with it? I plan to get some of the basic spares (arms, uprights, c-hubs, steering blocks, ball cups, belts). Anything else you guys would recommend? I'll be running this on carpet only in 17.5 blinky. Do sway bars come with it or do I need to buy the various ones?
Old 08-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Odin544
I'm curious about something. I've only ran a TC6 and it didnt have the belt tensioner, only the cams on the diffs. So whats the point of the tensioner then? If it can be done with the cams. Are the cams a coarse adjustment and the tensioner is more of a fine adjustment? If someone could please explain that it would be greatly appreciated. Or if its been posted before, I'm sure it has, a link would be great.

And a few more questions about the car. The stock shock shafts are not coated at all is that correct?

I'm ready to order this car. Is there anything that I should consider buying with it? I plan to get some of the basic spares (arms, uprights, c-hubs, steering blocks, ball cups, belts). Anything else you guys would recommend? I'll be running this on carpet only in 17.5 blinky. Do sway bars come with it or do I need to buy the various ones?
The belt tensioner is not need IMO.

The standard shock shafts are not coated. The Ti coated ones are nice but not needed. I would use the money and get some spares instead then upgrade them in the future when you have extra cash.

As for spares. I would recommend the normal stuff Steering blocks, c-hubs, rear hubs and maybe a extra set of belts. The car comes with 1.3mm bars front and rear, no option bars included.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wondering about the optional suspension blocks:

does anyone know the spacing (for track width adjustment)
what comes in the kit (frt and rr)

Also, anyone tried the flex chassis yet? and is there any pics avail?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Just wondering about the optional suspension blocks:

does anyone know the spacing (for track width adjustment)
what comes in the kit (frt and rr)

Also, anyone tried the flex chassis yet? and is there any pics avail?
The car comes with F00 block for the front and a R30 rear. Which yields 0* arm sweep in the front and 3* rear toe. The option blocks are F05, F10, R20 and R25.

The car is 189mm wide front and 188mm in the rear.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I have the belt tensioner on but like ROn I don't you really need it. I left mine on and just lowered it enough to almost touch the belt. Mainly to just make sure my belt to flap around too much. More of a precaution than anything else.

Time will tell if Teach will keep or sell the Wildfire. Odds in Vegas are just posted and its 100% sure it will be for sale. Hope you keep it awhile longer though. Carpet is tough and takes different setup than asphalt thats for sure.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
The car comes with F00 block for the front and a R30 rear. Which yields 0* arm sweep in the front and 3* rear toe. The option blocks are F05, F10, R20 and R25.

The car is 189mm wide front and 188mm in the rear.
I would like to mess with front arm sweep some but right now one thing at a time. I only ever used it on one other touring car but hell for the car I used it on was from at least 5 plus years or more ago. My last cars where the TC5 and then my last car before I took my layoff was the E4RS which I ran on asphatl and loved that car. Smooth and easy to drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.