just ordering xtras,
any way thank you,
ems
Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
That is still not going to solve it
I tried that & you have to sand it down a bit Im running an xray gear 96 with a trinity 50 pinion & after trying that it rubbed sanded it down a tad & no problem
What exactly are you sanding down and where? Could you post a few pics?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
They are supposed to be more durable and last longer. Especially in mod. I just finished my own car and will be testing tomorrow with the stock belts and then change them to the other belts (the type r's) to test. But i may just wait to see how long the stock belts last.

-Randy
No laziness, test those belts back to back!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Belts

I ran this car with standarded belts and it lasted only two runs. I glanced off a curb and snapped the front belt. I think with a spool it must of stopped suddenly snapping the belt in half. I think there must have been a weakness with the belt because with the broken belt I was able to brake it in half by stetching it by hand. Its the first time I have ever broke a belt with any of the kits I have had and I have had lots of kits over the years. I would replace the belts with type r or use 417 rear and sakura fronts
Old 08-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's strange. I ran the same belts all throughout the prototype testing and never broke one.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
They are supposed to be more durable and last longer. Especially in mod. I just finished my own car and will be testing tomorrow with the stock belts and then change them to the other belts (the type r's) to test. But i may just wait to see how long the stock belts last.

-Randy
Hey Randy if your just running 17.5 I would just use the stock belts til they wear out. I have about 10 plus runs on mine and they are just fine. I don't think Teach changed his either to best of my knowledge and if he didn't he has 2 or 3 times more running on 17.5 than I have. I think with the proper tension they should be fine.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I think tonight after work I will get to work on my car a little more and get to add my new graphite bumper brace, finish sanding my new hard Xray foam bumper to fit more neatly, change my plastic spacers out on the A arms for the new aluminum ones I have and then change out my springs for the new ones I have to try on the carpet. Also plan to take out 5% of drag brake as well. Just a lot of small stuff to get finished up.

Last night I did have time to throw some paint on my new HotBodies Impreza type C body to try out as well. If it don't work thats fine as it was cheap and I still have my old stand by Mazda Speed 6.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The stock belts are super low friction. These would be the best if you can make them work. Jumping curbs can cause them to break easier from the sudden shock of the drivetrain hitting the ground and stopping/starting wheel spin. The new Kevlar belts are very durable. Ive been running these in mod and have not had a problem with them.

As 67fastbk said... you can use a Sakura Zero front belt and a Tamiya 417 rear belt aswell.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well I did my first test and tune day with the car and all I can say is wow! Yes, Im a VBC/CRC sponsored driver but that does not sway my opinion in the slightest when I say that this car is dialed! I used the basic kit setup (mostly). Only things I changed were the rear gear diff oil, and the front arm spacing. I used my own droop settings and caber settings. Stock 3* of rear toe, no front arm sweep, same spring, kit oil. The car had tons of steering without sacrificing rear grip at all. It was aggressive and smooth at the same time, I havent driven a car that good at my local track in a while. I used xray 700cst in the rear diff and 2/2 front spacing instead of 3/1 like the book shows. I had all the same roll center shims in it, didnt change those. I got all the tuning option springs, sway bars, toe bocks ect. but didnt need any of them and on our super unique surface, its hard to find a car that doesnt need every tuning option ever offered.

Our track has decided to put carpet down this year so I will get to test in a couple weeks on the rug as well as possibly outdoor asphalt this weekend provided the weather holds out. VBC and CRC did a great job with this car and Im excited to be running it!

-Randy Banks
Old 08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
What exactly are you sanding down and where? Could you post a few pics?
Upper deck where the pinion is located
Old 08-17-2012, 03:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

After pulling my hair out for awhile trying to figure out why my front wheels are wobbling so much I finally figured it out. My stock VBC aluminum hexs are not flat. I ran my calipers around the worst one it went from the low spot at 4.66mm thick to the high at 4.88mm thick. That is the worst one off my the front of my car. None of them are perfect as they all have some wobble from the hex not being the same size all the way across the flat area.

You can see it by eye and if I show it to you it really can be seen easily. All my years of touring I never seen this happen. Well at least I know the problem.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
After pulling my hair out for awhile trying to figure out why my front wheels are wobbling so much I finally figured it out. My stock VBC aluminum hexs are not flat. I ran my calipers around the worst one it went from the low spot at 4.66mm thick to the high at 4.88mm thick. That is the worst one off my the front of my car. None of them are perfect as they all have some wobble from the hex not being the same size all the way across the flat area.

You can see it by eye and if I show it to you it really can be seen easily. All my years of touring I never seen this happen. Well at least I know the problem.
Very nice looking car.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Very nice looking car.
It is a nice looking car. I got to get a picture of the finished project.

I did fix the wobbling hexes as I used some HPI ones we had in stock that fit just for the front and problem solved. Cost me about 3 bucks so not a big deal.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

just curious about the composite servo horns?
any suggestions of what brand of Alum. ones to use at 19.75mm
center hole placement to use.
ps i read earlier on how the parts (composite) are a lil' brittle.
thanx
Old 08-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Summers
ps i read earlier on how the parts (composite) are a lil' brittle.
thanx
Brittle? I was told that the arms are the weakest part, but I was very suprise when my car took a big hit when getting tangled in some traffic during qualifying and sent my car half way down a 200ft. track, got right back up and continued onto a TQ pace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.