Wiki Posts
Search

Team Much-More cell master v1

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bluecow
i just got my cell master and its looks very nice ,
one question WHY are the cables for going to the power source so short !
i use a 12v battery for power and its never going to reach !
is there a better / best way to extend them , or i am i just better cutting
them and extending them !

thanks.
Originally Posted by Tony Vega
It's meant to be used with a 12v power supply like the one Much-More sells or any other 12v power supply on the market with at least 10amps. Short wires and the really compact size of the Much-More power supply really helps to keep your pit area nice and tidy especially at large races when pit-spaces are at a minimal. You can cut your wires or better yet, make an extenstion cable so if you ever get a compact power supply, your original length cables will be intact.
Yeah, I would do what Tony suggested and just extend the wires with some kind of extension cables. Virtually every electric racer ends up getting a power supply...and you'll probably want to keep your wires and gold-plated alligator clips looking clean if you do .
Old 10-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default questions

i guess i can just extend them then , after all i guess i dont need gold crock lips etc etc on the 12v end as its only an input ?! yes! its from the charger to the cells i DONT want to touch !

some questions please !

1) when i start the ctx charge my fans scream their heads off from the word go ! and never stop ! is there a way of slowing them down delaying them ?
, i have set the fan delay to 35 they still start straight away !

2) my settings 1) 3000 - 7.0a
2) 3030 - 0.2a
3) 5000 - 6.0a
6cells, gp3700, temp 50 cuttoff, delta peak 6, no peak delay.

3) my results from the above charge
cap = 3448
peak v = 9.142
temp = 40.5

are htease good ? not to sure if they are right as my lpr charger said cap of about 5000 !

4) how do you guys re peak , i see most stop charge but dont set repeak delay, so do you use the peak section to peak your cells at lets say 6amps about 5 mins before you race ?

kevin.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default probe

forgot to say when i got my charger i got the MUCH-MORE cell heatsink.
but when you out the cells in i guess you have to put the probe under the clap to hold it ! its just that it looks like its crushing it !!! is this normal . /ok ?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i guess i can just extend them then , after all i guess i dont need gold crock lips etc etc on the 12v end as its only an input ?! yes! its from the charger to the cells i DONT want to touch !

some questions please !

1) when i start the ctx charge my fans scream their heads off from the word go ! and never stop ! is there a way of slowing them down delaying them ?

2) 3030 - 0.2a
3) 5000 - 6.0a

cap = 3448
peak v = 9.142
temp = 40.5

are htease good ? not to sure if they are right as my lpr charger said cap of about 5000 !

4) how do you guys re peak , i see most stop charge but dont set repeak delay, so do you use the peak section to peak your cells at lets say 6amps about 5 mins before you race ?

kevin.

The fan setting you are reffering to is for the option fan cooler for the cells. The fans along the back are a bit loud but after awhile, you don't notice it especially at the races when other background noises are louder.

As far as re-peak, you can setup a re-peak in CTX mode with a delay or just scroll thru the menu and use a Peak Charge profile. Never use a CTX profile to re-peak.

Your numbers seem ok but the capacity seems a bit down. What type of maintainance do you perform on your cells? I use the Spintec to discharge and love it. Helps with voltage and runtime.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

some questions please !

2) 3030 - 0.2a
3) 5000 - 6.0a

cap = 3448
peak v = 9.142
temp = 40.5

kevin.

The fans are suppose to go the whole time while you charge....ask any 1, they would rather have a cool charger then a melted charger....

And you peak setting for your GP3700's is go higher till you get a better peak temp....

and there only getting to 40c thats low they should hit 50c

hope this helps you out!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

When I picked up my battery heatsink, I also brought the 3 fans cooling kit. It is not only charge cool but looks cool as well.
But my question is should I really need to hook that up during charging. Are we suppose to charge the battery with a resonable heat on it? For my IB3800, what you guys suggest me at which temparture to set the fans on. Also, don't know why I didn't see that heatsink fans on MuchMore website. It seems like nobody even talking about it. The product name is " Battery Heatshink Option Fan for CM. "
Old 10-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Tech Rookie

so why are my cells cutting off at 40c and not the set 50 ?

should i also put the delta peak from 6 to ????

my cells i used for the test are about 10 months old so i guess are not in great shape just now ! but what kind of figures should i get with capacity etc etc,

i use a spintec discharger to discharge and then the novak tray !

thanks.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default battery heatsink - holding probe

so why are my cells cutting off at 40c and not the set 50 ?

should i also put the delta peak from 6 to ????

my cells i used for the test are about 10 months old so i guess are not in great shape just now ! but what kind of figures should i get with capacity etc etc,

i use a spintec discharger to discharge and then the novak tray !

thanks.
There was a good tip on this board (thanks to Ryan Lee) for holding the temp probe when using the battery heatsink:

There's also some information on the alloy heatsink and optional fans that were mentioned in a previous post here:

alloy heatsink and fan link

When the temp of cells was 40c (but the setting was 50c) did the charger return the message 'temp cut' when charging stopped? Maybe the cells peak cut or capacity cut to stop charging instead.

If they are not too warm, then you could try reducing the delta peak.

hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default battery heatsink - holding probe

sorry, double posted!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for image ! spot on tip ta !!!! A++

The charge went fine and did not false peak , and the cells were warm yes,
will try another pack and let you know

i am used to using an LRP pulsar 2 so this is new to me .

thanks again for image.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Step charge setting for 4 cell IB3800, anyone please ?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Initiate

I tried to charge the same pack of my GP3300 with both GFX & CTX and discharged it with 30amp with GFX. All charging & discharging were done with the battery heatsink.
The result was the GFX has 3 more seconds on discharging time & also 20 more mah capacity. Does this result really means something or it was just too close to tell? Don't get me wrong I like both my GFX & CTX. I just got my CTX and has no chance to try it on the track yet.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you pack was within 3 sec and 20 mah you can pretty much say the results were identical. If you cycle the pack on the GFX again you will probably gain or lose more than 3 sec. There are lots of chemical reations involved in charging and discharging. Batteries are not like glasses of water that hold exactly the same volume every time.

3800 Charging

7A for 2850Mah
.05A to 2900Mah If it is really hot where you are at run this to 2950Mah to allow thwe batts to cool more.
4A to 4150Mah
00 cut for outdoors in the Summer
03 cut indoors in the Winter

I do the same for GP3700's
Old 10-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Adrian for the info.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AdrianM
3800 Charging

7A for 2850Mah
.05A to 2900Mah If it is really hot where you are at run this to 2950Mah to allow thwe batts to cool more.
4A to 4150Mah
00 cut for outdoors in the Summer
03 cut indoors in the Winter

I do the same for GP3700's
Surely you mean 0.5A to 2900mAH .

I would think that you would need more capacity in the third step to prevent a capacity cut...my 3800s will typically reach 4300-4500mAH during charge.

Is this what Paul Wynn ran at the Nats and Vegas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.