Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Why do the Spec R use a narrower bearing? Is the axle too short? Isn't it the steering block that dictates the dimension of the bearing needed?

Ok, we will get the test units with retaining clips instead of set-screws. Otherwise, dimensionally, they will be identical to 52mm XRAY DCJs.
Take a look at the Tamiya design, it seems very solid. Whatever steel they use is indestructible. It doesn't have any fancy names or patents associated with it as far as I know.

The Spec-R's have been holding up well in mod so far. No shrink tube, and no $50 bends in minor crashes. I don't love the narrow bearing, but the price is right, and the durability seems better.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
I just got the spec r DCJ's and they look real nice. I like the use of rings instead of the susceptible grub screws that have to be checked often. Some have had problems with spec r in the past but these v.2's look up to par.
it would be nice if you can make yours use the regular 5x10x4 bearing instead of the 5x10x3 inner bearing that the spec r's have to use.
Picts please
Old 05-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Take a look at the Tamiya design, it seems very solid. Whatever steel they use is indestructible. It doesn't have any fancy names or patents associated with it as far as I know.

The Spec-R's have been holding up well in mod so far. No shrink tube, and no $50 bends in minor crashes. I don't love the narrow bearing, but the price is right, and the durability seems better.
The design is not changing from what we have much. We are taking advantage of our universal barrel and axle design which is going to be the same for all models. Out material has been very durable with high power modified motors - it took us over a year to get it right.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We are working on DCJ's for different cars at the moment, the XRAY is at the top of the list.

Nothing fancy here, just affordable, durable DCJ's made out of 12.9 steel, like our TC6 ones.

What would the interest be like for DCJ's that cost 39.99 per pair and are fully rebuildable? Please let me know...
The durability is what keeps me from running DCJ's, not the price. Something to think about.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Durability is not an issue so long as a dcj is serviced. If maintenance is not for you, then dcj's are not either. But I can say our dcj's and xray ones are pretty tough.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Cristian,

Are you going to make any parts for the Xray T3 2012?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

The design is not changing from what we have much. We are taking advantage of our universal barrel and axle design which is going to be the same for all models. Out material has been very durable with high power modified motors - it took us over a year to get it right.
Do you have a site with info?
There's nothing in your profile to suggest a website.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stro3579
Picts please

At least they include a set of 5x10x3. but when it comes to maintenance, I already stock the stock size. Now I'll have to carry a few oddball sized bearings too.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys just to let anybody know whos thinking of buying the battery strap...dont because it tweaks the chassis large...newbie burnout move on my part lol......but i do have an xray battery strap for sale lol cheap cheap
Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Cristian,

Are you going to make any parts for the Xray T3 2012?
While we are not going to make a full line of stuff like the TC6, we will focus on certain items for it.

Our bladders already work with the shocks and they have been proven to be more durable and a lot cheaper than the XRAY units.

We are working on some 7075 T6 hard anodized spool cups and DCJ's. We might explore other options down the road as well...

Skiddins, I don't post links to our site, but do a quick Google for Reflex Racing and you will come across our website. We specialize in TC6 accessories right now, but we are looking to expand our product lines. Seeing as to that the XRAY is the other most popular car in the USA besides the AE, we are going to start doing some development there.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

While we are not going to make a full line of stuff like the TC6, we will focus on certain items for it.

Our bladders already work with the shocks and they have been proven to be more durable and a lot cheaper than the XRAY units.

We are working on some 7075 T6 hard anodized spool cups and DCJ's. We might explore other options down the road as well...

Skiddins, I don't post links to our site, but do a quick Google for Reflex Racing and you will come across our website. We specialize in TC6 accessories right now, but we are looking to expand our product lines. Seeing as to that the XRAY is the other most popular car in the USA besides the AE, we are going to start doing some development there.

are the dcj units going to stand up better than when kevin hebert had used them i heard they just blew apart due to poor material?have the bladders been updated also?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I heard... Followed by a negative statement ... On a forum = grain of salt.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by or8ital
I heard... Followed by a negative statement ... On a forum = grain of salt.
I heard you gave up racing... to play guitar... on RCTech = you're back.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
I heard you gave up racing... to play guitar... on RCTech = you're back.
All true!!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
are the dcj units going to stand up better than when kevin hebert had used them i heard they just blew apart due to poor material?have the bladders been updated also?
I have not heard this from Keven, so I will take it with a grain of salt.

I have had a couple (literally 3) of DCJ's fail on customers that I have heard of but nothing outside the realm of expected failure of a production run of 1000+ units. However every unit that has failed has been replaced with a no questions asked approach. Keven gets his free and if he has issues with them, I know he will eventually relay feedback to us.

The statement of them being "poor material" is a bit ignorant. How would you know it was the material that failed and not just a defective unit that failed? Statements like these can be quite damaging for a company, so I would please ask that when writing a statement like this on an open forum, they are more than just heresay.

The bladders are still the same, do you have some feedback on as to what needs to be changed on them? Most end users are extremely happy with them and they are one of our top selling products month to month. If again, it is heresay you are going off on, please refrain from commenting if you have not tried them. If the case is that you received defective units, we will gladly replace them free of charge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.