Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
That car is a complete one off.
What car are you talking about? Lightfoot's car? It may be a one off but, I know he copied it from another racer.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

what size spur gear is standard in the kit??

Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I am glad UF1 has no rules that outlawed the FGX... I wish to run in the UF1 soon and hope they will still allow the FGX, But from the looks of what I have seen others running they have all had one off parts. So the idea of the FGX being banned from UF1 does not seem in the future.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING
I am glad UF1 has no rules that outlawed the FGX... I wish to run in the UF1 soon and hope they will still allow the FGX, But from the looks of what I have seen others running they have all had one off parts. So the idea of the FGX being banned from UF1 does not seem in the future.
the FGX is completely legal, as well as any custom car as long as it fits within the parameters of the rules as listed.

nothing has been stated about the fgx being banned. please...lets not start gossiping about such things.

we hope you can make it out to the races. the FGX is a major player within the UF1 series.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i'm a newb to the rc scene but i've been a F1 fan for 30+ years .. i love F1 because it pushes engineering of engines and car aerodynamics to the absolute limit and the rules that have come about in the last 15 years are more to save driver's lives than stall the development of the cars ..
today's cars have DRS (drag reduction system) and KERS (kinetic energy recovery system)to aid performance, while they've limited tyres to a single manufacturer Pirelli and the engines can max out at 18K rpms keeping the playing field level across all 12 current teams ... but other than the basics the design rules are up for interpretation pushing the envelope of what the car can do and how the drivers drive them ......

when i saw the FGX for the first time, what i saw was the closest representation of an F1 car in small scale which is why i chose it as my first rc car .. i wasn't even into racing it more just building it until i found a small group of F1 racers here in Vancouver .. the fact that you can tweak this car and actually spend time fine tuning it for each track you race makes it more like a true F1 racer than anything else that i saw out there ..

I, for one, hope that F1 does get a foothold in the rc market and manufacturers push the design envelope making these cars every bit as intricate as their full sized counterparts .. i hope more manufacturers produce these cars because inevitably it will drive the prices down for basic set ups and spawn a new industry of pure F1 hop-ups .. there will eventually be several classes of F1 just like there are in open wheel racing today based on engine size and car design (F1, GP2, F3000, Indy etc.).. after Austin, TX hosts the first regular GP F1 race in the USA in years you'll see a huge market in rc suddenly open up ...

anyway, that's my rant .. back to glueing tyres onto rims ...
Old 07-25-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mkennedy
the FGX is completely legal, as well as any custom car as long as it fits within the parameters of the rules as listed.

nothing has been stated about the fgx being banned. please...lets not start gossiping about such things.

we hope you can make it out to the races. the FGX is a major player within the UF1 series.
I think you miss-read my post... From what i have read the FGX is banned from IIC, But i could be wrong.My Point was that i only plan to run local and UF1 races so using an FGX is not a problem.

Last edited by ZERTA RACING; 07-25-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M4 Racing
What car are you talking about? Lightfoot's car? It may be a one off but, I know he copied it from another racer.
Agreed. Without searching, I think it's documented a few pages back in the forum what Calvin did to build it. I'm just saying that right now, you can't buy that update package in kit form.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

I think you miss-read my post... From what i have read the FGX is banned from IIC, But i could be wrong.My Point was that i only plan to run local and UF1 races so using an FGX is not a problem.
i probably did. see you at the track.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm surprised that no one is making new front and rear end kits for the FGX that allows different track widths to fit within the scope of various rules. Yes you'd need different cvd's as well but so what. Why is no one making a kit that takes it out to 205mm or down to 180mm? Rules never say certain cars aren't allowed. Not even home built cars. They only state that any vehicle that is allowed fits within a certain design envelope. That's it.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Any Idea when the official IFS kit/part is coming?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fredswain
I'm surprised that no one is making new front and rear end kits for the FGX that allows different track widths to fit within the scope of various rules. Yes you'd need different cvd's as well but so what. Why is no one making a kit that takes it out to 205mm or down to 180mm? Rules never say certain cars aren't allowed. Not even home built cars. They only state that any vehicle that is allowed fits within a certain design envelope. That's it.
Interesting idea! MikeR @ Exotek visits the forum; what say you Mike? Doable?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
It might be home built . butt Im currently working on the rear for that purpose front end is done ..
Old 07-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

What 21.5 motors are you guys running in your FGX in the market for a 21.5 since right now i am running a silver can LOL.... Before anyone says Novak I will never run a Novak in any of my cars. i have been looking at the reedy and the Thunder power motors and maybe a tekin or LRP, what have people had the best luck with in the FGX?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What 21.5 motors are you guys running in your FGX ... looking at the reedy and the Thunder power motors and maybe a tekin or LRP, what have people had the best luck with in the FGX?
i'm running Yeah Racing Ultimate Brainpower ESC 35A V.2 10T Sensorless Brushless Motor .. it seems on the surface to be like the Hobbywing offering that also make a 21.5T .. I looked at the Reedy, Thunder and LRP's but got a good deal on the Yeah Racing setup from rcmart.com .. i'm playing around with the setting with the program card but it works awesome so far .. locally they run 21.5's in races so i'd be interested in finding the best one too ..
Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

What 21.5 motors are you guys running in your FGX in the market for a 21.5 since right now i am running a silver can LOL.... Before anyone says Novak I will never run a Novak in any of my cars. i have been looking at the reedy and the Thunder power motors and maybe a tekin or LRP, what have people had the best luck with in the FGX?
thunder Power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.