Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

dont all hubs looks similar???? lol
Old 09-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

just to be sure, maybe komkit could release the rest of his pics?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
A tub car would be cheaper to produce in the long run. It's creating the mold that costs the most.
If you notice the current trend in the TC market, " a long run" for a particular design is about 1 to 2 seasons for everyone but AE. So a carbon car is probably cheaper over the course of a vehicle's actual production run given the new "car of the month" TC mentality.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
Hmmmm...let's see...if I find all the rest of the parts to assemble it, it's going to have all the other components that every other ball diff in the WORLD has...then check to see if it twists /flexes......when the suspect (in your eyes) part doesn't flex by itself.

You started throwing around the term "torque steer", if you don't know what it actually means... ...then I think we have the issue pretty much resolved.

"OE" means "Original Equipment" manufacturers...or OEM...the folks that design and manufacture cars (big or small).
Sorry but it's not me who sarted to throw around he term torque steer. read on the pages before, someone said that the pro3 had torque steer and i replied it wasn' actually, that only shaft driven cars could have torque steer as it's caused by the torque produced by the motor on and off power.

I perfectly know what torque steer means but your explanation is really poor, specially for someone who's not a native english speaker (never heard of he term OE before, tried to guess but didn't manage). What I said is that the pro3 suffered from a lack in strength from the outdrives and that caused a similar effect.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OE = Old English a yummy Malt beverage consumed by gansters and rappers.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: I have to say if your not Hara stay away from HPI

Originally posted by Thad Garner
You know what they say about opinions

The pro 3 was awesome
Thad: The Pro was awesome, The Pro 2 was awesome and the The Pro 4 is the best thing HPI's ever produced. The Pro 3 was an interesting engineering exercise, that in practical application, just plain SUCKED.

Oh I get it...... you were joking.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cobra81li200

I perfectly know what torque steer means but your explanation is really poor, specially for someone who's not a native english speaker (never heard of he term OE before, tried to guess but didn't manage). What I said is that the pro3 suffered from a lack in strength from the outdrives and that caused a similar effect.
I wasn't trying to explain torque steer to you, I was trying to explain how it isn't caused by what you said it was -- the diff twisting.

I attempted to do it by explaining what the OE's do do reduce it...which is exactly what some OE's (including HPI on the Pro 3 and Losi on the new car) do to reduce it. Use a long diff and short equal-length half-shafts.

If you were looking for an explanation of what causes it...you're looking in the wrong place. I was explaining what doesn't cause it...
Old 09-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by RandyB
OE = Old English a yummy Malt beverage consumed by gansters and rappers.
Thanks for the english lesson
Old 09-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BuddyB
Put it this way, If the new car had torque steer that bad....do you think that Kinwald, Francis, Hodge, ect would setlle for that, and run the car with it, i think not. Just my opinion.
-Buddy
Blackstock, Lufaso and Baker have run cars with torquesteer for like 5 years now. If you're that damn good, a little torquesteer is no big deal. So take that Buddy! lol!

How's life at the Gate?
Old 09-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Do you have to be a losi driver to recive a car in the mail?
Old 09-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Whats up Ian, i never really thought of that?? But you coming to the Classic, if so, you better get your entry in.
-Buddy
Old 09-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

I dont like the car how it looks now. It might be the prototype but it still could be the fully finished product. If it where to come out on shelves like that I would stay with the normal XXX-S. It just looks wierd. I just hope it looks better when the final product comes out. The car looks kind of cheap. No matter what you guys say. I just like the original XXX-S for write now.
Sorry for all the complanying.

Lets see how its going to look in about a month or so.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

What are you worried about looks for. If everyone was worried about looks they wouldnt buy a xxxs. Yok ssg would be off of everyones shelves. You should want something that works.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

you want looks?

Look at These
Old 09-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

look at what LOL dont work.....

looks dont win races...if it did, everyone would have pimped out cars, and killer paint...

i bet u will buy one, when the other guys have them and there doing laps around the xxxs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.