Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Lets stop and think about who would be the level of Losi driver that would get this prototype. I dought any non-factory level sponsored driver was even going to get their hands on the car. Who ever had this car is in an elite group at Losi. So I would bet that they were not nieve enough to let someone take all these picks and then someone just kinda post them online. Then that person would believe that none of us would copy and post to other threads/email to all our buddies.

The net gossip and conspiercy theories are entertaining to say the least....lol

I think losi has a winner on the track and a winner in its marketing strategy...lol

Jeff
Old 09-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default Whom ever had the car took those photos and they knew...

what they were doing. In my opinion, Losi did this to get some buzz going about the car. I believe this because the car did not have any shocks on it when then the photos were taken. Losi would not want a photo of the car with another companies shocks on it. So Losi had to be behind it. Look at the Matt F. phots, Matt has a big smile on his face and you could see some details of the car. Just my 2-cents
Old 09-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

I like the fact that I did get to see the car...makes me want one now, not knowing how it looked before. I can only hope that Losi will see the good this brought with all the others that like the way the car looks, and the interest it has built up here, plus all the hype its bringing, right now, noone is talking about associated, its all losi...hopefully for todd, they will see that part!!
Old 09-27-2004, 02:03 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Greg & Rod: I am pretty sure the Kenshin is from the anime series. The movie Trust & Betrayal should be seen by everybody, not just anime fans... it's badass!

I am pretty sure that Losi did not intentionally leak those photos. I know Matt and others have been "sort of" letting people see the car, but there's a strong difference between that and detail shots of the chassis.

Sponsored drivers shouldn't (and in nearly every case don't) sell anything they receive. That is just common sense.

Anyway, if anything, the discussion should be on the car, not the soap opera surrounding it...
Old 09-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by wcoyote
From what I am seeing, the torque steer should be counteracted by the belts being on opposite sides. Kind of like counter balances.

There's no TORQUE STEER on a belt driven car. The problem on the pro3 came from the big difference in length of the two diff halves, the long one was twisting under power giving a tendancy to go on one side. Looks like the same problem may occur here.

For Robfo : On a pro12 (or pro10) the shaft is very strong and even if long it does twist in such a small amount that it is unnoticeable.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Just guessing, but from those pics it like the shocks are gonna be real small. Regualr Losi XXX-SG+ shocks kinda look too big/long for it.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Yea i noteced that to.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

well i was trying to build the xxxs shcks the other day at my mates house and they were dog poo. hopefully the new ones will be more conventional maybee?
Old 09-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

edit - please keep all buying and selling in the appropriate forums.

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited by Speedo; 09-27-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Will they fit on the losi?
Old 09-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

I dont think there will be any of the "twisting" of the long outdrive. It looks as if it is made of steel.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Seems like a new design shock in the works. Hopefully it will be a bladder type. Not really a fan of the current shock. Though they are easier to build compared to those squishy Associated ones on the TC3 i USED to own.
I'd like to see a lil' more room on the chassis sides to protect the electrics.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by mtc3od
I dont think there will be any of the "twisting" of the long outdrive. It looks as if it is made of steel.
Looks a lil' bit like that hard anodized aluminum they been using on the rest of their lineup to me. No "twisting" outdrives.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tony Szep
Will they fit on the losi?
well, they were tried on my xxxs and i like the Gplus shocks better...

Keith
Old 09-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

i dont run the xxxs, and i dont know much about it, but i heard that alot of ppl with that car are running the tamiya shocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.