Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Bumps

Hi,

The shorter arms will provide more drastic drop in RC that is needed for a car that does not roll much. My main concern on that point is that it might not going to handle the bumps very well with such short arms. While that's not a major problem in the US, it is in europe, but who cares
Well most tracks are as flat as a snookertable so even in Europe that won't be a problem.

Having such short arms can make the car very unstable and act very nerves.
I don't hope that will be.

I will wayt a year to see how it does, and then get one when I,m satisfied with the results held by others.

Bye Thomas
Old 09-28-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Bumps

Originally posted by 840918001
Having such short arms can make the car very unstable and act very nerves.
Not necesserily. My Robitronic had very short arms about the same size as the Robi and it was the most stable car I've driven.

The suspension setup does dictate somewhat how twitchy the car is. On the Robi I had quick stiff suspension at a low angle which stablized the car.

On a TC3 style geometry I tend to go for as upright as possible and restrict the movement with different spring sets.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Komkit

One of the rights accorded to the owner of copyright is the right to reproduce or to authorize others to reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords. This right is subject to certain limitations found in sections 107 through 118 of the copyright act (title 17, U.S. Code). One of the more important limitations is the doctrine of “fair use.” Although fair use was not mentioned in the previous copyright law, the doctrine has developed through a substantial number of court decisions over the years. This doctrine has been codified in section 107 of the copyright law.

Section 107 contains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a particular work may be considered “fair,” such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair:

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

the nature of the copyrighted work;

amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
The distinction between “fair use” and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself; it does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work.

The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.

When it is impracticable to obtain permission, use of copyrighted material should be avoided unless the doctrine of “fair use” would clearly apply to the situation. The Copyright Office can neither determine if a certain use may be considered “fair” nor advise on possible copyright violations. If there is any doubt, it is advisable to consult an attorney.

FL-102, June 1999

I am using these pictures to relay news...... which it states ther is the "fair use" act. i have been told i have exeeded that fair use policy? how did i do that????
Old 09-28-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you for asking.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

asking how i exceeed it or are you being sarcastic about me using the images?? :S

how did i exceed it?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Komit:

I dont think he is in the wrong in any way as these pictures are not damaging to Team Losi, unless they inform otherwise. Your pictures were released onto the internet making them open for public use. I did not see a copyright outline where the pictures were taken from.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

You didn't unless you try to make money on the photos. You can use the photos for information purposes. Which everyone here has.
Also on a short arm suspension-doesnt that affect how the chassis reacts to bumps? Wouldnt it make the the chassis react faster then say a longer arm. Its funny cause all the books I have on suspension say to make the arms long as possible.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

if i recive an email from losi saying that the pictures are deffinately not meant to be out in the open and i am having a large impact on their marketing plan then i will probably withdraw the images. but as it stands i am just getting emails off a guy who claims to own the images.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

We are in no way trying to make any type of proft from the pictures, we are just trying to show them to the public for information purposes.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by CraigH
Also on a short arm suspension-doesnt that affect how the chassis reacts to bumps? Wouldnt it make the the chassis react faster then say a longer arm. Its funny cause all the books I have on suspension say to make the arms long as possible.
Suspension as a bumb dampener is better designed with longer arm, ie off road cars. however if the surface is flat then short arms provide more direct handling.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sleighty
Komit:

I dont think he is in the wrong in any way as these pictures are not damaging to Team Losi, unless they inform otherwise. Your pictures were released onto the internet making them open for public use. I did not see a copyright outline where the pictures were taken from.
No, photo is damaging no one.

Yes, for public to SEE them.

Fair use is a legal doctrine that allows the public to make limited uses of copyrighted works without permission.

But made a copied and and redistributed my content without asking is a No-no.

Obtaining permission from the copyright owner is an important option for posting materials on the World Wide Web.

Do not assume that a nonprofit, educational use or giving credit for the source of the work, or because you are merely building a family or personal website creates an inherent fair use.

Many people mistakenly assume that everything posted on the Internet is in the public domain. It is vital for you to know that, current copyright law gives legal protection to nearly all text, images, audiovisual recordings, and other materials that are posted on the Internet, even if the original works do not include any statement about copyrigt.

Kit
Old 09-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

I know no one liked the Pro3 but it did have some good ideas in it. It had longer arms but also they raised the upper link higher then normal. I am not a Losi fan but this car has me curious to see how it does. I had a pro 3 and on asphalt it drove killer.just didnt do so well on carpet. And the fact that the chassis twisted so bad that the belt would start binding and slow the car down. This should be interesting to see the final production of the JRXS.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

well in that case. i dont want you to write my website adress in forums, coz its mine and you didnt ask me if you could use it............
Old 09-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

you wrote http://www.thedinghy.co.uk/ter/site/losi on http://www.thedinghy.co.uk forums. (i have permission to use http://www.thedinghy.co.uk)
Old 09-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Also, i dont know the images are yours. i got them from a guy in america who said they were his, as far as i know.. there his pictures....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.