Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Time to let it go Hermi'
Sell it so you can get some new bats' and a nice PAL drive system
-Dave
bats actualy thats a good idea, then I can hit anyone who takes me out as I'm lapping them the knock me off the track I knock them off the rostrum

The problem with selling the Lab is I really want a second car, I'm sure to have a few wet races this summer and I'll be in trouble if I run at an event on a Sunday and then need to rebuild the car for Monday club night, they were going to change to thursdays for outdoors at the club but some complained plus it's easier for breakages, espcially at the club where you race then marshal then have 5 minutes whilst the next race is run to change your cells and make any changes to the car, fixing is next to impossible. Now I'm down to two sets of 3000's for racing and an old set of 2400's mainly used for practise I'm going to be in trouble with cells though if I'm doing an order from Speedtech it may be worth adding some nice 3300GP's to the package and getting more value out of the postage costs
Old 04-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
bats actualy thats a good idea, then I can hit anyone who takes me out as I'm lapping them the knock me off the track I knock them off the rostrum

Thats not a such a bad idea

But if your worrying about not having 2 cars then I might be able to help you out with some parts to build 1 more cuda ...I think that I have 2~3 lower chassis and upper decks a extra front once way ect ect.... you get the Idea
-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

LOL, what you doing with all those spare chassis?
you never happy with a stock cuda?
Old 04-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: oops!!

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Nope Big-D those were 1/10th scale Barracuda Ratio's

-Dave
OH...OK,I MUST'VE MISSED S-THING FOR I THOUGHT TOURING WAS ON A 10 TURN LIMIT AS FAR AS WINDS WERE CONCERNED.

Old 04-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Regional Moderator

Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-postpics.gif  
Old 04-07-2003, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Steveo, I had a chance to run the CUDA yesterday at the Corona Track. The track is asphalt and is not blown, swept or sprayed so traction was an issue for most people. My car was stuck though. I ran TQ times and won sportsman stock easily. I haven't drilled out my pistons yet because my car is really good right now and I don't have any replacements in case I don't like the change. I used 40/30 oil f/r and yok pink/green spring combo. The thicker oil slowed the cars initial reaction in the corners which made it feel really stable in the dusty conditions. I tried the stock springs, but the car didn't fell as responsive and was a little loose. The takeoff CS-32 tires seem to be really good on unprepared surfaces too. Can't wait for next week at Camarillo.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ko Racer
OK Joesph what do you want to see

-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Steveo, I had a chance to run the CUDA yesterday at the Corona Track. The track is asphalt and is not blown, swept or sprayed so traction was an issue for most people. My car was stuck though. I ran TQ times and won sportsman stock easily. I haven't drilled out my pistons yet because my car is really good right now and I don't have any replacements in case I don't like the change. I used 40/30 oil f/r and yok pink/green spring combo. The thicker oil slowed the cars initial reaction in the corners which made it feel really stable in the dusty conditions. I tried the stock springs, but the car didn't fell as responsive and was a little loose. The takeoff CS-32 tires seem to be really good on unprepared surfaces too. Can't wait for next week at Camarillo.
Glad to hear the good results !!! ..... I also use 40/30 Oil without drilling the holes in the pistions ....Does the trick for me

-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: oops!!

Originally posted by bigd4343
OH...OK,I MUST'VE MISSED S-THING FOR I THOUGHT TOURING WAS ON A 10 TURN LIMIT AS FAR AS WINDS WERE CONCERNED.

motor limit depends where you run, where I am most places have a 12 turn limit, which is a sensible level to me, means you're plenty fast enough yet don't need to skim the comm every second run.

Dave you know what he wants, pics of those secret things you keep hinting at, come on, you said a few days and it's been more than a few
Old 04-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: oops!!

Originally posted by bigd4343

No problem.. Do you need some gear ratio's for a 10T in a cuda..???

-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: oops!!

Originally posted by Herminator

Dave you know what he wants, pics of those secret things you keep hinting at, come on, you said a few days and it's been more than a few
I'll have the details here soon Just hold on a bit please .... Still testing the final product ( not me ..but I wish I was )

-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
[B]Glad to hear the good results !!! ..... I also use 40/30 Oil without drilling the holes in the pistions ....Does the trick for me

Yeah...with a better motor, I think I could have run with the top two guys in expert stock. We'll see. I'm going to run 19T this weekend
Old 04-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah...with a better motor, I think I could have run with the top two guys in expert stock. We'll see. I'm going to run 19T this weekend

My problem is that I have the motor's I just need the Good Batterys

-Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah...I've checked with three suppliers and no one has cells right now. The war is making it difficult to get shipments in but they're all saying they should have some more by the end of next week.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah...I've checked with three suppliers and no one has cells right now. The war is making it difficult to get shipments in but they're all saying they should have some more by the end of next week.
Yea' I hear ya' ...But Steve has my back on some batterys
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.