R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2003, 05:26 PM   #1801
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Time to let it go Hermi'
Sell it so you can get some new bats' and a nice PAL drive system
-Dave
bats actualy thats a good idea, then I can hit anyone who takes me out as I'm lapping them the knock me off the track I knock them off the rostrum

The problem with selling the Lab is I really want a second car, I'm sure to have a few wet races this summer and I'll be in trouble if I run at an event on a Sunday and then need to rebuild the car for Monday club night, they were going to change to thursdays for outdoors at the club but some complained plus it's easier for breakages, espcially at the club where you race then marshal then have 5 minutes whilst the next race is run to change your cells and make any changes to the car, fixing is next to impossible. Now I'm down to two sets of 3000's for racing and an old set of 2400's mainly used for practise I'm going to be in trouble with cells though if I'm doing an order from Speedtech it may be worth adding some nice 3300GP's to the package and getting more value out of the postage costs
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 05:55 PM   #1802
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
bats actualy thats a good idea, then I can hit anyone who takes me out as I'm lapping them the knock me off the track I knock them off the rostrum

Thats not a such a bad idea


But if your worrying about not having 2 cars then I might be able to help you out with some parts to build 1 more cuda ...I think that I have 2~3 lower chassis and upper decks a extra front once way ect ect.... you get the Idea
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 06:04 PM   #1803
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

LOL, what you doing with all those spare chassis?
you never happy with a stock cuda?
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 06:06 PM   #1804
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: north carolina
Posts: 141
Default Re: Re: oops!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Nope Big-D those were 1/10th scale Barracuda Ratio's

-Dave
OH...OK,I MUST'VE MISSED S-THING FOR I THOUGHT TOURING WAS ON A 10 TURN LIMIT AS FAR AS WINDS WERE CONCERNED.




bigd4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 06:34 PM   #1805
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: IRT #122
Posts: 3,364
Default

Attached Images
File Type: gif postpics.gif (41.6 KB, 61 views)
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 06:55 PM   #1806
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Steveo, I had a chance to run the CUDA yesterday at the Corona Track. The track is asphalt and is not blown, swept or sprayed so traction was an issue for most people. My car was stuck though. I ran TQ times and won sportsman stock easily. I haven't drilled out my pistons yet because my car is really good right now and I don't have any replacements in case I don't like the change. I used 40/30 oil f/r and yok pink/green spring combo. The thicker oil slowed the cars initial reaction in the corners which made it feel really stable in the dusty conditions. I tried the stock springs, but the car didn't fell as responsive and was a little loose. The takeoff CS-32 tires seem to be really good on unprepared surfaces too. Can't wait for next week at Camarillo.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:09 PM   #1807
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
OK Joesph what do you want to see

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:16 PM   #1808
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Steveo, I had a chance to run the CUDA yesterday at the Corona Track. The track is asphalt and is not blown, swept or sprayed so traction was an issue for most people. My car was stuck though. I ran TQ times and won sportsman stock easily. I haven't drilled out my pistons yet because my car is really good right now and I don't have any replacements in case I don't like the change. I used 40/30 oil f/r and yok pink/green spring combo. The thicker oil slowed the cars initial reaction in the corners which made it feel really stable in the dusty conditions. I tried the stock springs, but the car didn't fell as responsive and was a little loose. The takeoff CS-32 tires seem to be really good on unprepared surfaces too. Can't wait for next week at Camarillo.
Glad to hear the good results !!! ..... I also use 40/30 Oil without drilling the holes in the pistions ....Does the trick for me

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:17 PM   #1809
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default Re: Re: Re: oops!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bigd4343
OH...OK,I MUST'VE MISSED S-THING FOR I THOUGHT TOURING WAS ON A 10 TURN LIMIT AS FAR AS WINDS WERE CONCERNED.




motor limit depends where you run, where I am most places have a 12 turn limit, which is a sensible level to me, means you're plenty fast enough yet don't need to skim the comm every second run.

Dave you know what he wants, pics of those secret things you keep hinting at, come on, you said a few days and it's been more than a few
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:22 PM   #1810
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: oops!!

Quote:
Originally posted by bigd4343
OH...OK,I MUST'VE MISSED S-THING FOR I THOUGHT TOURING WAS ON A 10 TURN LIMIT AS FAR AS WINDS WERE CONCERNED.




No problem.. Do you need some gear ratio's for a 10T in a cuda..???

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:27 PM   #1811
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: oops!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator

Dave you know what he wants, pics of those secret things you keep hinting at, come on, you said a few days and it's been more than a few
I'll have the details here soon Just hold on a bit please .... Still testing the final product ( not me ..but I wish I was )

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:31 PM   #1812
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
[B]Glad to hear the good results !!! ..... I also use 40/30 Oil without drilling the holes in the pistions ....Does the trick for me

Yeah...with a better motor, I think I could have run with the top two guys in expert stock. We'll see. I'm going to run 19T this weekend
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:42 PM   #1813
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN

Yeah...with a better motor, I think I could have run with the top two guys in expert stock. We'll see. I'm going to run 19T this weekend



My problem is that I have the motor's I just need the Good Batterys

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 07:50 PM   #1814
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yeah...I've checked with three suppliers and no one has cells right now. The war is making it difficult to get shipments in but they're all saying they should have some more by the end of next week.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #1815
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Yeah...I've checked with three suppliers and no one has cells right now. The war is making it difficult to get shipments in but they're all saying they should have some more by the end of next week.
Yea' I hear ya' ...But Steve has my back on some batterys
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net