http://www.diggitydesigns.com/Diggit...otorMount.html

Far from the stock club motor mount.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/Diggit...otorMount.html

Far from the stock club motor mount.
Last picture posted looks like the Club motor mount not yours. :-)

Old 01-15-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kc8qpu
Ok so I got a chance to really dig into the car more tonight. First I found that my aluminum motor mount was broke. Apparently this caused the spur gear to be bad. Can I still get the aluminum motor mount to replace it? Also what is the best way to change out the spur gear? From the looks of it I need to take of the c-clip, end gear, bearing then some how press out the pin to take off the mount for the spur gear. Or is there an easier way of doing it?

Which chassis do you have, Tub or Carbon fiber, The motor mount for the tub chassis isn't as difficult to find as the CF chassis.

down load the tc4 manual from the Assoc site. Build the diffs as per the instructions. Be careful, the plastic diffs are built differently than the steel. I prefer the the front diff tighter than the rear. If the plastic diffs are too loose they warp very easily!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
Which chassis do you have, Tub or Carbon fiber, The motor mount for the tub chassis isn't as difficult to find as the CF chassis.

down load the tc4 manual from the Assoc site. Build the diffs as per the instructions. Be careful, the plastic diffs are built differently than the steel. I prefer the the front diff tighter than the rear. If the plastic diffs are too loose they warp very easily!!!!!!
It is the tub chassis. I was looking at the manual on the website and I wasn't seeing a part number for the motor mount.

I did rebuild the diff and it seems to feel good but the real test will be when I actually get it driving.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by kc8qpu
It is the tub chassis. I was looking at the manual on the website and I wasn't seeing a part number for the motor mount.

I did rebuild the diff and it seems to feel good but the real test will be when I actually get it driving.
OK, Check part #3931, motor adjustment clamp. Stormer hobbies, Tower and Amain all have it in stock. Its a common failure, if you look at the exploded view You will see a small spring on one of the mounting bolts. It gets lost and the motor clamp is over tightened and breaks. Easy fix if that is whats broken.

Do you have the composite diffs or steel, Run a few laps to break in the diffs then readjust. GOOD LUCK have fun!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2015, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Tmail55, that it's a custom chassis that I had made specifically for the stock cam motor mount because I hate the FT TC4 and Diggity motor mounts so much. ��
Old 01-16-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Ok I guess I lied I looked on ebay for the guy selling the FT conversions and couldn't find any but they do pop up every so often. There were several carbon fiber chassis conversion kits though. I believe they are 3racing. perhaps that motor mount would work?
Old 01-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

The Fttc4 motor mount is lighter than the tub motor mount, and all you need to do is cut the associated long motor screw wrench a little bit , so it can fit better in the tight space between the motor screw and rear arm mount.... If you don't shorten your motor screw wrench, you will struggle indefinitely; you will also need to remove the right rear tire each time you want to reach the motor screws...
Old 01-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Tmail55, that it's a custom chassis that I had made specifically for the stock cam motor mount because I hate the FT TC4 and Diggity motor mounts so much. ��
KOOL, Tell me more, Where can I get one, or can my Diggity chassis be modified to to use the stock mount.Could you add a couple of pictures showing a better detail of the motor mount area. THANKS!!!
Old 01-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

BIGBULL,
The person who made this prototype is considering producing these. I have not been given permission to discuss them, nor do I want to put words in their mouth. However, they do follow this forum and might contact you.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

I looked at using the stock motor mount on my Diggity car and the chassis was a little too narrow.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

BIGBULL,
The person who made this prototype is considering producing these. I have not been given permission to discuss them, nor do I want to put words in their mouth. However, they do follow this forum and might contact you.
My FTTC4 converted to use the tub motor mount from a couple years ago
Gear adjustments were easy I would love to see a B44 type motor mount on the TC4

With the FT motor mount its not too bad with a long ball allen wrench ... you dont need to remove any wheels.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by moparSRT
My FTTC4 converted to use the tub motor mount from a couple years ago
Gear adjustments were easy I would love to see a B44 type motor mount on the TC4

With the FT motor mount its not too bad with a long ball allen wrench ... you dont need to remove any wheels.

Just 2 Kool, thanks.....
Old 01-17-2015, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Looking at the 31020 "Club" motor mount for use on a TC4FT. Can the side part be cut off to just use the motor adjustment part? There would still be two screws to mount this with. Do the mount screws placement match the FT mounts.

Looking at a work around for a FT style chassis. <<< Don't have one just looking to assist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.