Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chasracer
Anyone know of where there is a list of parts needed to upgrade a TC3 to FT TC4?

I have the TC3 and a CF TC4 chassis plate.

Thanks!
You have a long way to go. About the only things shared are the differentials, housings, universals and turnbuckles. Some suspension components are interchangeable, but they are not identical. You'd be much better off buying a used roller than trying to convert.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default VTA Setup

Any one have a VTA set up for tc4.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corr915
Any one have a VTA set up for tc4.
I have a FTTC4 but the settings should not differ too much

Front

Blue Springs 35 wt oil #2 Pistons inside hole on tower outside on arm
Roll Center .75mm Shim under both front and rear mounts(ie. flat)
second to the inside hole for the upper turnbuckel in the inside and one washer on the hub under the ball stud
No Sway
Droop 2mm past 6mm ride height
.25mm toe out
-1 degree camber
4 Degree caster blocks

No stiffners or center plate

Rear
Silver Springs 30 wt oil #3 pistions outside hole on the tower and outside on arm

Roll Center .5mm shim under both mounts
inside for inner turnbuckel mount with one shim and outside on hub
No sway
2.5 Degree toe in
-1.5 degree camber

running a very tight track and the only issue is if you hit a dot more than a little you get flipped on your lid.

running withing the top 3 cars and if I don;t make any mistakes I can actually get ahead. but that would take skill

lol
Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

cool, Thanks
Old 05-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

my brushless tc4

Last edited by Wayne-_-built; 05-18-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I picked up a used tc4 to run on our indoor carpet track and am having a little trouble getting this thing to hook up. The car handles alright in the straights but the corners are terrible.

It is very pushy with a bunch of understeer. So much that the front tires chatter and have no traction unless i use a ton of break and trow the car into the turn to break the read end loose.

I am running ball diffs in both diffs. If I take the corner slow It turns well enough but if I have any power into the turn there is no hope for me.

What are some thing i can do to lock the car in under power?
Old 05-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

to help you out please post your current setup as much detail as you can as the handling is all in the details
Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My tc4 could never turn with front cvds. I switched to losi lcds( losa3344) and never looked back. No more front chatter!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I forgot to mention that I also run the standard rubber setup with the shortest possible wheelbase and front gold springs. It also seems that the tc4 rear needs to be at the lowest ride height to work.......
Old 05-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Just wanted to let TC3 & TC4 racers that IRS still has a few new parts left for these cars, especialy our light weight aluminum outdrives, at big discounts. I know these cars are very popular with the VTA racers.

Goto www.TeamIRSrc.com and click on the closeout page.

We are not setup with PayPal yet so you have to pay by CC or money order.

Regards,
Dave Irrgang
Old 06-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TC4 Rear Diff???

I have a TC4 that I recently converted to Brushless with a Dynamite Fuze 6800kv setup. Well it was running great until I finally was able to test it out and get a speed run. That's where things go bad, the rear diff just won't grab whatsoever. The diff just spins on the shaft now, no traction at all from the back to wheels. The fronts are grabbing fine, is there an upgrade or something like a locked rear diff for the TC4. I took apart the outdrives and separated the diff gear , cleaned it and superglued the outdrives to the diff gear. This was to make sure this was my problem. So I hope someone has an idea or advice to fix my issue. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

honestly, it sounds like you missed something when you put together the rear diff.

You do not want a locked rear diff - you'll end up with bad understeer entering turns and bad oversteer exiting turns.

My recommendation is to rebuild your diff, making sure to take extreme pain to put it together exactly as per the instructions.

Locked or one-ways are great for front diffs, not for rear. (1/8th gas onroad are a different matter. . .)
Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

when you tear apart your diff it may look fine what i find happens is the pin that is behind the bevel drive gear shears off and can cause your issue a better pin can be made from a good body clip

mine did that the 3rd time out and thats all i had to fix it with and it has lasted all winter

Originally Posted by WRXStage3
I have a TC4 that I recently converted to Brushless with a Dynamite Fuze 6800kv setup. Well it was running great until I finally was able to test it out and get a speed run. That's where things go bad, the rear diff just won't grab whatsoever. The diff just spins on the shaft now, no traction at all from the back to wheels. The fronts are grabbing fine, is there an upgrade or something like a locked rear diff for the TC4. I took apart the outdrives and separated the diff gear , cleaned it and superglued the outdrives to the diff gear. This was to make sure this was my problem. So I hope someone has an idea or advice to fix my issue. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So I tried to upload a setup sheet that I downloaded from the AE website but it was too large for the requirements. Here is what I am running.

Front
Red Springs
60 weight
gold roll bar
Inner hole one arm
2nd hole in the inside of the tower
Outter hole on the steering
5mm ride height
tight diff
2-hole piston
2nd hole on the inside on the camber link
6 degree caster block
1 shim on the belcrank

Rear
Inner hole on the upright
2nd hole on the inside on the camber link
2nd hole towrds the outside on the tower
gold springs
60 weight oil
no roll bar
-2.5 toe
outer hole on the arms
diff

I am running joco blues. The car hooks up well and the only thing i would like to change is the speed into the corner. If I try to carry Speed into the corner the front of the car hops. It understeers or pushes through the turn.

Is my setup too stiff?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looking for input for a brush-less conversion on the tC4.

Just for parking lot racing on most likely 2cell lipo. What is the best bang for the buck BL combo i can put in there?
I am working on a deal for one where i would be waiting for the truck to ship in but i would buy the BL combo ahead of time and just have it ready to drop in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.