Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I need to go with a smaller spur to be able to get a big enough pinion. Off to the hobby shop!

Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Need Advise

Hi,
New to TC4. Can this kit handle 10.5t motors with boost/turbo? Or just can handle 13.5t and above? I have is a standard RTR. What parts do i have to upgrade?What problem that I might encounter? Really appreciate the advise.

Thnks
Old 07-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Humyu
Hi,
New to TC4. Can this kit handle 10.5t motors with boost/turbo? Or just can handle 13.5t and above? I have is a standard RTR. What parts do i have to upgrade?What problem that I might encounter? Really appreciate the advise.

Thnks
I think the first things i was breaking on the track were hubs and outdrives. You'll definitely want to get steel outdrives IMO.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Just getting back into RC and noticed LiPo is the new tech. I have a FT TC4 and would like to know what LiPo's fit in the chassis and how they are strapped in. I have the accessory FT battery strap. Any modifications necessary and what are some decent recommendations for a LiPo and inexpensive AC/DC charger. I am trying not to spend over $200. Could I use 1 LiPo and race it all day? Or am I better off with purchasing 2 batteries.

Thanks!
Joe
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3
Hey guys,

Just getting back into RC and noticed LiPo is the new tech. I have a FT TC4 and would like to know what LiPo's fit in the chassis and how they are strapped in. I have the accessory FT battery strap. Any modifications necessary and what are some decent recommendations for a LiPo and inexpensive AC/DC charger. I am trying not to spend over $200. Could I use 1 LiPo and race it all day? Or am I better off with purchasing 2 batteries.

Thanks!
Joe
Great deals from hobbyking.com, I use one of the turnigy chargers and a handful of the cheap 2500mah 30c batteries for practice, and I have 1 good battery for race days.

can easily get away with 1 good battery for racing, if your truck follows the rules make sure you get a name brand from the approved list on the ROAR website or whatever rules your track follows, otherwise the packs hobbyking sells are really great value.

any of the 2s 7.4v packs that I've tried from hobbyking fit my tc4 without any issues at all, the hardcase ones fill the same space as a normal 6 cell nimh setup so your battery strap would work.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys,

Thanks!
Joe
Any normal 2s Lipo will fit. You can definitely use one good Lipo all race day. Thats what i do. I would suggest an Onyx 230 charger. Its fairly cheap, has a built in fan, and has pretty good charging power/options. For a battery, it depends on your budget outside that charger. Theres lots of options on batteries.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC4Racer123
Any normal 2s Lipo will fit. You can definitely use one good Lipo all race day. Thats what i do. I would suggest an Onyx 230 charger. Its fairly cheap, has a built in fan, and has pretty good charging power/options. For a battery, it depends on your budget outside that charger. Theres lots of options on batteries.
If I go with the Onyx 230 charger, do I need to purchase a lipo balancer as well? I currently have a Novak GTB with a Velociti 4.5 motor. How important is having a high discharge rate on the lipo itself? I see 20c, 40c, and 50c in the descriptions of the batteries themselves.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a TC4 that was picked up a few months back from a guy that ran it once, bent a hinge pin, and set it on the shelf. The car is in new condition, minus the shocks that need a rebuild and a few bent parts that I have been able to replace.

My question for you all is how much longer will Associated support this car? I ask as I have had a hard time getting parts at most any LBS I have been to. I travel in my job, and typically stop into hobby shops to see what they have. Not many keep parts on hand for this car. Are parts pretty easy to source online? Are there any concerns over finding parts for this rig?

I guess I am asking as I want to know if selling to a vintage racer now would be better than waiting another year or so. I have $110 into the chassis as note.

BB
Old 07-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

If you have a LHS that will order for you than go that route, if not google losi parts house, they cover a wide variety of cars so you should find what you need. I have had luck in the past on e-bay for parts and rollers for my TC3 so more options for you. Good luck and good racing. AzRon
Old 07-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BikeisDusty
I have a TC4 that was picked up a few months back from a guy that ran it once, bent a hinge pin, and set it on the shelf. The car is in new condition, minus the shocks that need a rebuild and a few bent parts that I have been able to replace.

My question for you all is how much longer will Associated support this car? I ask as I have had a hard time getting parts at most any LBS I have been to. I travel in my job, and typically stop into hobby shops to see what they have. Not many keep parts on hand for this car. Are parts pretty easy to source online? Are there any concerns over finding parts for this rig?

I guess I am asking as I want to know if selling to a vintage racer now would be better than waiting another year or so. I have $110 into the chassis as note.

BB
Ebay, First things first, buy a Parma Hard bumper for the TC4 and you will rarely need parts. http://www.ampdraw.com/product.php?u...productid=1100

Keep an extra steering rack on hand other than that the TC4 is a very tough
car with a good bumper. The front end is quite fragile without...
Old 07-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info. I think the bumper is a good investment as my son will drive the car as well.

BB
Old 07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Yes you will definitely want the bumper. The stock bumper is quite narrow and pretty soft, you will break caster blocks among other things left and right with little effort. Believe me you may not know it but the bumper will likely pay for itself the first time out. I don't consider it optional, more of a necessity.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, sory for the newbee question but anyone have tried a titanium main drive shaft?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

If I go with the Onyx 230 charger, do I need to purchase a lipo balancer as well? I currently have a Novak GTB with a Velociti 4.5 motor. How important is having a high discharge rate on the lipo itself? I see 20c, 40c, and 50c in the descriptions of the batteries themselves.
Yes. I am using an Equinox balancer. Where your wires to the plugs would usually plug into your charger, you plug in the equinox, and plug your battery into that, and it balances while your charging.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Cell-Balancer
Old 07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Humyu
Hi, sory for the newbee question but anyone have tried a titanium main drive shaft?
Why would you want to? Its not like your driveshaft will have any risk of breaking. Some people use a carbon fiber driveshaft though. For people who do- what are the advantages to that? Just slightly lighter total weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.