Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Still researchin'. It felt like a missed droop problem or maybe a bad shock, but then it would go away. I'll hit 28 5:08 this week.
Check for a bent hingepin/shock shaft, or maybe an arm that is just shimmed too tight (slight binding) too... i dunno if the PHI has these issues, but they can also simulate a come and go tweak problem. Just an idea. I know you work hard at building your cars... but it never hurts to check. All the small stuff is where you find those tenths... i got alotta tenths to find eh??

Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
Exactly what i wanted to hear!!

thanks a bunch!!
No problem! If you find something that works better for you... let us know!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Courtesy of 757Holeshot. This weekends qual/race in brief. Overall i think we did a great job gettin it around the track! My Tc4 is the all white Mazda6.

Qual:
Check the 1:40 and 2:10 mark

Race:
Check the 4:45 mark for the start

OOPS:
Check the 9:00 mark for some body-to-tire love that stuffed me into the board... 1 of 2 offenses, the second following shortly.

I had to settle for 4th... but had 2nd on lock. Whatcha guys think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BaYZRP9AJ_c

Last edited by DaveW; 02-19-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Help!!!!!

If I installed a solid front diff would it work on carpet or will i just be grinding down gears? lol And ill be using carpet tires
Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Your car looked good going round there Dave , very smooth and consistent, except for that patch around 9 mins lol. I'll have to get someone to video one of my touring car races sometime, been meaning to do some at my local club anyway.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Suspended

I just ordered a TC4 RTR on tower hobbies for 214.99 w/ Free Shipping.
Chris B. at G-land
is gonna be happy, I have a team checkpoint money laying around
I'll probably throw in it. I hope he has a 19 turn class.

Being a Super Saver club member is great.
This may be my last order thru tower though because I've ran out of cars
to buy.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skit Racing CEO
If I installed a solid front diff would it work on carpet or will i just be grinding down gears? lol And ill be using carpet tires
To be honest, i have never used a solid front axle because of the damage that can result. Ill use a super tight front diff... but i always allowed some slip to help the front end be a little more forgiving. Id rather finish the race a lil bit slower per lap, than be really fast for just a few laps. Its personal opinion though!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ralph_c
Your car looked good going round there Dave , very smooth and consistent, except for that patch around 9 mins lol. I'll have to get someone to video one of my touring car races sometime, been meaning to do some at my local club anyway.
Thanx man. I think we all did fairly well in that main. I had a problem with the right side edge of the wheel well (body) hitting the tire when i turned right. I trimmed the body again, but it would still act up occasionally. I usually just fixed it by snapping the wheel really fast while driving... but this time it was a slow motion parking job nose first on the pipe. Then it did it to me again coming into the in-field on the next lap... after that i just drove like mad to try and make up time. Get some vid shot man! Lets see your Tc4 in action!

I have some pix as requested of a modified FTTc4 top deck mounted onto the tub car. I also have pix of the modded FTTc4 camber mounts that i used with Tc3 chassis braces and the modded FTTc4 top deck. The downside of these was the need for ALOT of ballstud washers for your average setup, and the studs' placement in relation to the diff outdrive. The pieces of composite used to space the top deck are modded pieces of a B4/T4 graphite rear chassis brace. Notice the flat area on all four pieces, and the flat area on the ends of the top deck for clearance of the camber link area of the Tc4 composite chassis braces. I used the FTTc4 antenna mount when i ran this setup, but for illustration purposes, i left the antenna in its current location. I dunno why the flash didnt work in the first few pix...

Old 02-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Suspended

I see, you added a graphite top deck....cool..
I wonder If I could do that to mine also??
I was gonna get a Tc5, but a belt drive wouldnt be good outdoors...
I prefer shaft drive touring cars.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I was searching the web and this looks pretty cool also

Old 02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default The way of the future

Speed Passion Wireless Power
Speed Passion have announced details of a future product line, which they say looks set to revolutionize both gas and electric R/C racing. Their rather criptic release states:
We are proud to bring the Power of freedom, “The wireless power”. “Reduction” is one of the ways to help to protect the Earth. Imagine playing with an R/C car, boat, or soft air gun without chargers, power supplies, and extra battery packs. No more worries about battery pack quality, and chasing constant small advances in battery capability and size. Saving you time and money and developing new ideas to improve your skills in order to enjoy the pure fun of R/C.
What product they are announcing I dont know, but the picture above shows version 1.2 of the Wireless Power prototype, which looks like a speed controller with battery inputs that has a built 2.4Ghz system, judging by the aerial. Speed Passion will release more details every month in the lead up to its 2009 release date.
Click here to read the full release…
Brushless system is one of the best ways to help new user easier to enjoy R/C, more affordable, and help to protect our world. For pass year our team “Alex, Michael, Jack and Mr. Pan” had been working very hard day by day and putting more resource on R&D to delivery you the one of the best brushless system. King Golden company had focus main product strategy, “Reduce cost and item, more easier for new join R/C user and be respond to protect the world”. Speed Passion and King Golden “ASIC Design team” after day and night continue development and thousand, million resources we ready to bring you to next R/C revolution.
Our latest R/C technology and development solution will revolution 2009 which will change the R/C EP and GP racing, We are proud to bring the Power of freedom “The wireless power”. “Reduction” one of the ways to help to protect the Earth. Imagine playing with an R/C car, boat, or soft air gun without chargers, power supplies, and extra battery packs. No more worries about battery pack quality, and chasing constant small advances in battery capability and size. Saving you time and money and developing new ideas to improve your skills in order to enjoy the pure fun of R/C.
Speed Passion will soon begin this revolution…………
Old 04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi group. I have a question about 19t brushed motors. My 17t Reedy that came with my RTR TC4 is starting to show it's age. I want to get a nice 19t, and I am wondering what I should expect as far as power & speed changes. Is a nice 19t going to be faster than the stock Reedy 17t?
Old 04-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

I'd say a decent 19t will almost definately be faster than the 17t reedy that comes in the kit. I haven't used the 17t reedy, but from my experience with other motors you really get what you pay for. There's loads of good 19t motors available from checkpoint, peak, team orion, trinity etc.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm pretty certain as well that a good 19t will be quite a bit faster than the 17t that came with the RTR.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies. Talking to the guys at the track this week, many were confident that a high end 27t would even be faster than my old worn out 17t. Someone is giving me one to try out next week so I am looking forward to seeing how it stacks up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.