Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

so i heard a belt car from the a team is on its way
Old 01-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TC3 to TC4 setup

OK, I just got my FT TC4 all put together. I put the box rubber setup on it and I will be racing it this week.

I have an awesome setup for my TC3 that works great at my local track. I wanted to know if there is any way to transfer that setup over to the FT TC4? Is there any kind of guide, or am I starting over when it comes to the setup?

Thanks for the help

YEkim
Old 01-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YEkim
OK, I just got my FT TC4 all put together. I put the box rubber setup on it and I will be racing it this week.

I have an awesome setup for my TC3 that works great at my local track. I wanted to know if there is any way to transfer that setup over to the FT TC4? Is there any kind of guide, or am I starting over when it comes to the setup?

Thanks for the help

YEkim
The TC4 can hit all the geometry of a TC3... it just comes down to figuring out the setup on the TC3 in terms of adjustments that can be made on the TC4... i.e. height of ball stud locations, roll center shimming etc...
Old 01-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

mike if you took the setup off the little setup sheet book that has a diff a one way and a foam setup take the diff one i ran it this weekend and was awsome.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Tires

Originally Posted by scottw
what color?
The rears were 35 shore rear,The fronts were 38 shore,not sure what color this relates to.Not sure of the manufacturer as a friend had them.Will find out as soon as I can.Mario.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mush104
mike if you took the setup off the little setup sheet book that has a diff a one way and a foam setup take the diff one i ran it this weekend and was awsome.
Thanks Mush, that's the one I have on the car now. But since I know now my TC3 is at different tacks, I was hopping I could "transfer" some of that knowledge over the FT TC4.

Yekim
Old 01-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

TC3 setups do not work on TC4's. They are totally different cars. If you need a setup for foam tires on carpet search back a bit on this thread and you will find my setup. Don't try to run Dave's setup when you see it... He had a lot of other stuff done to the car that won't work unless you copied that too ( IE running front arms on the rear). Basic starting point should be 70/2/purple front 50/2/copper rear (its either copper or gold I don't remember....which ever one is closer to 25lb spring LOL) camber 3 holes in with 2 washers front and rear. I ran losi XXXS rear hubs as well. That gives you more tuning options for roll center. Also run the 3.0 block with the circle block to give the rear 2.0 deg of toe in the wide stance. If you run on super high bite then give Bakers setup a try
Old 01-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
TC3 setups do not work on TC4's. They are totally different cars. If you need a setup for foam tires on carpet search back a bit on this thread and you will find my setup. Don't try to run Dave's setup when you see it... He had a lot of other stuff done to the car that won't work unless you copied that too ( IE running front arms on the rear). Basic starting point should be 70/2/purple front 50/2/copper rear (its either copper or gold I don't remember....which ever one is closer to 25lb spring LOL) camber 3 holes in with 2 washers front and rear. I ran losi XXXS rear hubs as well. That gives you more tuning options for roll center. Also run the 3.0 block with the circle block to give the rear 2.0 deg of toe in the wide stance. If you run on super high bite then give Bakers setup a try
Thanks for the input. I'm running stock rubber, any setup tips for that?

YEkim
Old 01-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bummy
hey what is the strongest diff to use? i melted the standard one racing in mod class. 13*2 motor and it just gave way. so what is the best to use
The standard diff is more than strong enough to take anything you can throw at it. If you melted the standard diff, you did something wrong: not enough lube, too loose...etc.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I ran everything the same except blue springs all the way around with 30wt.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YEkim
Thanks for the input. I'm running stock rubber, any setup tips for that?

YEkim
It depends on what track you're running on and what the grip levels are. I run carpet and anything between 40-55wt is good. The blue springs are pretty good though copper and purple may be better if the grip is really high. I also took the rear roll bar off after my first practice to get a bit more rear end grip. Also, make use of the chassis stiffness options. Using both the spine and stand-offs will only help on a really grippy track (i.e carpet foams). I generally run either the stand-offs or the spine depending on the grip levels. On a very open track I found it worked best with no stand-offs or spine, but normally I like the extra responsiveness you gain from them. The standard setup isn't too bad, but on a high grip track I was almost traction rolling and on a cold lower grip track the back seemed a bit loose. I'd start with the standard rubber tyre setup or one of the pro driver setups and see what you find.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
(its either copper or gold I don't remember....which ever one is closer to 25lb spring LOL)
copper
Old 01-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc4isthebest

OK, I'll bite.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone else tried this?
YES! But 26mm in front and 28mm rear is even better Works best with the "front" 28mm tires at the rear...
Old 01-31-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc4isthebest
I can't see how they wouldn't atleast play with one, with all the belt cars on the market. I wouldn't say its going to replace the TC4, but I could see it being released as an option for those who want a belt car but dont want to leave AE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.