Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TVMRocket69
Sorry for starting a Pissing contest. Just so everyone is clear. I run a MI2 with the BMI conversion on it. Now my question was for a friend who bought his TC4 last year to replace his TA04. IT is the Team car and I'm trying to help him get the car more suited to his driveing. Right now we race at the C in Friedrick MD. it is a Indoor Asphalt track. I just thought that the Penguine would be easier for him to setup with all the roll center adjustments. And again so no one is confused I run a Schumacher and my next car will either be the EC or the Kyosho TF-5.

TY and sorry again for any misunderstanding's.

I have no sponsors... but can tell you that Jasons customer service goes far and above whatever a penguin would do. Thats no flame... thats just fact... oh yeah, not to mention... his work is a tech's wet dream. That T2 chassis...
Old 06-14-2006, 08:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

DaveW I hope your going to the Express race.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That sucks Dave! I started with the Foam Spec car and then PW sent me everything to convert it to the rubber spec car. I have never had a car this easy to drive this fast. I am really excited. I still don't have a ton of time on the rubber car but I feel each outting I get better with it.

Yes tell me your are going to make it to the Express race. It's going to be off the hook for sure!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Express race? When, where?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Express Race is this weekend at Jackson R/C, check out the Racing forum you can see the thread.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dave pack your stuff, get in your car on Thursday and head north on I 95. When you get into NJ, Call the Track
Old 06-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

how are you guys likin the ft tc4 over the tub chassis for carpet?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
how are you guys likin the ft tc4 over the tub chassis for carpet?
I never tried the tub chassis, but the I am finding the FT to be a great car, very tuneable and runs consistantly every run
Old 06-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

removed post and moved it to for sale location - sorry
link

Last edited by frog racing; 06-25-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, the regular TC3 diffs and gears are the same as the new TC4 gears right? I figured they are but I was just making sure. The gear ratio is still around 2.5:1 for the diffs right?

Just making sure. Also if anyone knows if the length of the center shaft and the CVD's are the same please tell me. I'm lookin' for some parts and knowing the which parts will fit where would help me out A LOT! Thanks guys!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
Hey guys, the regular TC3 diffs and gears are the same as the new TC4 gears right? I figured they are but I was just making sure. The gear ratio is still around 2.5:1 for the diffs right?

Just making sure. Also if anyone knows if the length of the center shaft and the CVD's are the same please tell me. I'm lookin' for some parts and knowing the which parts will fit where would help me out A LOT! Thanks guys!
I believe the CVD's are the same, also the centre shaft. The diffs themselves are the same but the housings are different from what I know

the gear ratio is 2.5:1

hope this helps
Old 06-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Some quick questions on the car (that I know little of):
will the current batteries fit the chassis?
does it torque steer with a fast mod?

does anyone use the car for dirt oval (something I'm interested in!)

I'm doing the 12th thing but would still like a car to rip up the streets with. One thing I do know is that AE parts are available everywhere short of lemonade stands.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

My servo keeps getting loose from the plastic servo mounts no matter how tight I screw it down in my TC4 tub so when I turn it slides up and down. Is there an aluminum servo mount I could use for a TC4? The IRS TC3 transponder mount looks like it could fit, but it's expensive. http://www.teamirsrc.com/tc3.html and wil this T4 mount fit a TC4? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGHA2&P=M or can I use the Team TC4 carbon fiber mounts that would fit and work better in a non team TC4? Or I could just use servo tape on the bottom.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Shoe Goo the mounts and servo... just mock mount the servo in its place with the mounts... take the servo out of the car with the mounts attached to the servo and ready to go in place... add a dime sized glob of shoe goo from the underside of the servo between each mount and the side of the servo casing, making sure there is some that will come in contact with the chassis when you add the servo to the car... screw it in place and let it dry till the next day. The idea is the Shoe Goo will harden and not only hold the servo to the chassis, but keep the mounts from wiggling loose in any direction through normal use. Removal, if neccessary, is quite simple... take both screws out of the bottom of the chassis and use a flatblade screwdriver to carefully remove the servo from the chassis. Its ALOT cheaper than an IRS transponder/servo mount.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Is there a company out there that makes a Machined Motor Adjustment Cam that will hold 540 motors for the team kit?

Asociated Version
This is the one Associated makes but the inside diameter is to small

so I'm asking if there is an aftermarket version what will work for the team kit without modification.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.