Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:35 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cody1
Race on carpet with take off 27's and car seems to be real close to being set up correctly but seems to have a bit of a on power push.Does anyone have any ideas to help me out on this problem.By the way the area I most would be interested in would be the effects that caster or kick up will have on my problem .Right now I have 4 degree blocks and .o25 kick up.Plus any other suggestions.
Sound to me is your car front end is going up during on power ,try reduce the droop ....
kick up work great for bumpy track....if the track is smooth take out the .025 ....or try with the oneway diff
Old 01-13-2006, 10:37 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
cody take all the shims out from the blocks...run the car flat. if you need more steering on power try 6 deg castor. Sounds wierd but try it. Also go to 2nd hole out for camber and no washers. That should add traction. If that doesnt work then stand the shocks up a little and try a little thinner oil with the same spring you are running. You should be somewhere near 30lb front 25lb rear for springs. around 50-70 oil in the front and 30-50 in the rear....depends on traction.

Bob
the more caster make the car coming out of the corner faster...but going in slower....
Old 01-13-2006, 10:42 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

I think I like my BMI TC4 for now.....
Old 01-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can someone tell me how can I get more coner speed entry and out from this damn TC4 ?
Old 01-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Run a higher roll center in the Rear that you do in the front. I experimented with this over the weekend (1st time out with the car) and it made the biggest difference of all the changes I did to the car. I was running 4 tabs in the rear (f/r) and 2 tabs in the front (f/r). I was running on a medium grip HUGE asphalt track, so fast corner speeds are needed. To get good exit steering on asphalt I also believe you need either a oneway or a spool (the latter being my preference).
Old 01-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

-lower front ride height than rear (i.e. 4mm front, 5mm rear)
-tighten rear diff
-softer front springs or harder rear springs
-one way for improved getting out of the turn speed
-let of the throttle sooner
Old 01-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

This is the servo Im going to be picking up for my TC4. Im new to racing and RC, my RTR servo went...my shop says this is good.

http://www.larrysperformancercs.com/...m=669962320412

Yay or Nah?
Old 01-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
This is the servo Im going to be picking up for my TC4. Im new to racing and RC, my RTR servo went...my shop says this is good.

http://www.larrysperformancercs.com/...m=669962320412

Yay or Nah?

Yay or you can also get a futaba
Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
Can someone tell me how can I get more coner speed entry and out from this damn TC4 ?
I have the same problem, I use to run foams and decided to change to rubber so had my first run on rubbers this weekend, with foams I was just as fast as anyone else through the corners but with the rubers (CS27) the car seeemed to scrub too much speed. only got 2 runs and then got rained out so didnt have much time to work on setup. I may be able to try some of the sugestions next weekend.

What made things worse is that I had so much traction on my first run that I would traction roll if I came through the turns just a little too fast. it was better on the second run but still had 2 traction rolls.

let us know how increasing the rear roll centre works out for you
Old 01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

SA Racer:
Raising the roll center should also decrease you traction rolling.

I have found that this car is most sensitive to roll center changes rather than spring tuning. I could not personally tell much change in corner speed changing to stiffer front springs or softer. The car was still very "locked in" It seems like the rear generates a lot more traction than the front. THerefore by decreasing rear grip when raising the rear roll center, it allowed the car to rotate better in 180 degree corners after highspeed short shoots (which at my local track means 60-80 feet).

By going to a softer front spring you might get more initial steering, but not increased corner speed, you also tend to lose exit steering by doing this, which might translate into equal or less corner speed.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Hello, I am not a perfect driver by any means but I have spent a lot of time with the car lately and I can offer my experience. I have been racing on carpet but I think it will apply. I have been back and forth between rubber and foam on this car, and I have had traction rolling problems with each setup. The tracks I have been racing at get very grippy by the end of the day.

1. Don't put traction compund on the outside front of foam tires. Clean them and start over if grip is too high. On rubber I have seen, but not tried, the sidewalls have super glue applied to them. It wont stay on long but it seemed to work.

2. Reduce the camber up front.

3. Raise the roll center. Rubber needs weight transfer to work right but if you're traction rolling you have enough grip. IMO.

4. Try a harder compound tire.

Originally Posted by SA_Racer
I have the same problem, I use to run foams and decided to change to rubber so had my first run on rubbers this weekend, with foams I was just as fast as anyone else through the corners but with the rubers (CS27) the car seeemed to scrub too much speed. only got 2 runs and then got rained out so didnt have much time to work on setup. I may be able to try some of the sugestions next weekend.

What made things worse is that I had so much traction on my first run that I would traction roll if I came through the turns just a little too fast. it was better on the second run but still had 2 traction rolls.

let us know how increasing the rear roll centre works out for you
Old 01-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Cristian

Thanks for the info, ill let you guys know the outcome, what do you guys prefer on asphalt, foam or rubber?

also does anyone here have a good base setup for medium size, medium grip asphalt using rubber.

Thanks
Peter
Old 01-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

you guys might not agree but i really like the pro-line v-rage tyres. for carpet , i find them the best comprimise between foam and slicks
and the foam i used was fast tyres and slicks were take-offs 27s
just my 2 cent worth
Old 01-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beerbarron
Hello, I am not a perfect driver by any means but I have spent a lot of time with the car lately and I can offer my experience. I have been racing on carpet but I think it will apply. I have been back and forth between rubber and foam on this car, and I have had traction rolling problems with each setup. The tracks I have been racing at get very grippy by the end of the day.

1. Don't put traction compund on the outside front of foam tires. Clean them and start over if grip is too high. On rubber I have seen, but not tried, the sidewalls have super glue applied to them. It wont stay on long but it seemed to work.

2. Reduce the camber up front.

3. Raise the roll center. Rubber needs weight transfer to work right but if you're traction rolling you have enough grip. IMO.

4. Try a harder compound tire.

Thanks BeerBaron, I did find reducing camber helped a bit, im on 1deg al the way round. raising the rollcenter is what ill be trying next.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

not sure which Schottky Diode to buy? as in specs? if anyone can help me that would be great thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.