Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hi guys im looking into getting a tc4 possibly but what are the pros and cons about this car

thanx alex
Old 07-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default blade

I think this is what you're talking about. the white "U" shaped deals are called blades. They are alternatives to dog bone pins.

On another note I answered my own question from earlier. I had forgot to set my droop. That was why my front "tie rods" were rubbing. They are still pretty close but don't rub when the suspension is settled and at rest. We'll see how it goes at the track. Boy do I feel dumb!!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hi guys im looking into getting a tc4 possibly but what are the pros and cons about this car

thanx alex
Pros'
Good performing car out of the box.

Cons'
It's kind of heavy...... but then there is the FTTC4 tha should be out sometime in Aug that is much lighter
-Dave
Old 07-22-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Dave-
You posted a while back about a version 2 speedway pal diff coming out in about a month. Does that mean they will be done making them in a month or that they will be available in the US in a month, or does it mean be patient and something new will be out in some multiple of a month?
Old 07-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Dave-
You posted a while back about a version 2 speedway pal diff coming out in about a onth. Does that mean they will be done making them in a month or that they will be available in the US in a month, or does it mean be patient and something new will be out in some multiple of a month?
They final version "should" be out in Japan in a Month...... . .....
should be out in the states a couple of weeks later... if they make more than 100.....
-Dave
Old 07-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

is the ft tc4 the carbon fibre version if so i really like it
Old 07-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

It is a very good car out of the box for the price, but eventually things do wear out pretty quickly. It depends how often you race, but I was running it 2-3 times a week and after 2 months it was just awful. Because the hubs are made of weak plastic, the speed of the driveshafts and bearings inside them wear away the bits holding the bearings in place, quickly. This gives lots of steering slop, often resulting in having to "drive" it down the straight to keep it in a straight line. Yes the hubs can be replaced, but be prepared to do it often. Another problem I found was tweak (surprising with a tub chassis), but what was worse was after clipping a kerb, it wouldn't run in a straight line, and the trims were suddenly all off I found this was down to the shock collars adjusting themselves through vibrations, so I was coming of with uneven ride height. This was easily solved by putting a small drop of superglue inside the collar and screwing it back on, making it a lot harder to turn. If the FT version eliminates the wear problems, it should be an awesome car.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Tech Regular

yes it is the carbon fibre version
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...pe=CAR&id=1623
Old 07-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Doh!!

Idiot move # 2. I have been trying to track down a way to order the yokomo shock caps recently. It seemes everyone was out of stock. After lots of helpful advice (including someone who wisely suggested going straight to Yokomo) I decided to give up. Well I have found them. At, . . . wait for it . . .www.yokomousa.com. Apparently I overlooked their shop section when I first looked and went straight to search. Well now that you all know what in ignoramus I am, I can only get smarter. Just thought I'd share this small victory!!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCknight
I blew out both the front and rear plastic diffs tonight. AE diffs are bad and it seems they need rebuilt every 2-3 weeks in stock racing??? I build them according to the instructions so it's not me. The plastic ones expand under the heat and the steel ones are are heavy.
I've run the standard diff in the rear now for 6 months (Stock and 19T) and it is showing hardly any wear at all.

Up front I successfully ran the std diff for 4-5 meetings UNTIL I decided to really tighten the diff up. - then I blew 2 in 3 races! - I went out and bought the IRS alloy ones and no trouble since.

Basically without the "give" of a relatively loose Diff the plastic units are no good on the front.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Only matinence I found the plastic diffs needed was greasing and regularly re-tightening as they got loosen very quickly.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Did anyone try the graphite chassis set from 3Racing yet? Looks pretty nice and a good price too. Just wondering because if it has good reviews, I'll try it out.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Ali Graham:
I found this was down to the shock collars adjusting themselves through vibrations,

Sounds like the o-rings are not in the shock collars to stop them from "self adjusting"
Old 07-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AKARA
Did anyone try the graphite chassis set from 3Racing yet? Looks pretty nice and a good price too. Just wondering because if it has good reviews, I'll try it out.
We should be receiving the 3 Racing chassis very soon, and I'll try and post more detailed pictures, also let you guys know the quality of the graphite and aluminum used. From experience, 3 Racing's product has been very good quality. Here's a picture of the conversion kit for those that are not familiar with 3Racing.

Also we will have a few Speed Way Pal hop-ups next week for the TC4 as well

Steve Wang
Old 07-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Steve. What is going to be the est-price? ebay.com is $83.99 with free shipping. looks like a pretty good deal! Joey Ellis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.