Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

@scirocco I'm not entirely sure off the top of my head as I change it alot I believe right now I'm running-3.5 all around. I'm sadly in that rut where I've pushed my car as far as I can and I'm trying goofy stuff again to try and squeeze a couple more tenths out of it. I want to look into a dc4 or FT car but it's kinda fun hearing the track announcer tell guys that's a 10 year old tub chassis passing your xray
Old 12-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gooba
@scirocco I'm not entirely sure off the top of my head as I change it alot I believe right now I'm running-3.5 all around. I'm sadly in that rut where I've pushed my car as far as I can and I'm trying goofy stuff again to try and squeeze a couple more tenths out of it. I want to look into a dc4 or FT car but it's kinda fun hearing the track announcer tell guys that's a 10 year old tub chassis passing your xray
Yeah, I hear ya! The last USVTA race I ran the finishing order was TC6.2, Xray t4 '14, my TC4, Xray T4 '14.

I even led for a few laps.

Mark
Old 12-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

I get that ten year old comment everytime on top of the BERT one...lol...
Old 12-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
Can anyone tell me what the numbers represent on the shaft of the turnbuckle eyelet that fits on the shock?
Hi Hairy, don't sweat those numbers. They are just identifiers for the mold cavity. There's no significance as far as them being different.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Humyu
I left this hobby for quiet some time...considering to get the TC4 (seeing the thread is still active)....just want to know few things.

1. Can the TC4 handle 13.5/10.5 boosted? Standard out of the box.

2. If so, how to solve the shaft wobbling..issue.

Any advise is really appreciated.

Anyone?? thinking of getting this kit.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone?? thinking of getting this kit.
If your buying gave me a text I'll shoot some pics and a price. I have a tc4 set up for vta with one race day on it that I'm looking to sell. Ft servo mts., and sway bars. 1 1815 260 9250 name is Jeff. I could add a 10.5 if wanted.

Last edited by jkach; 12-21-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: could add a 10.5 if wanted
Old 12-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I left this hobby for quiet some time...considering to get the TC4 (seeing the thread is still active)....just want to know few things.

1. Can the TC4 handle 13.5/10.5 boosted? Standard out of the box.

2. If so, how to solve the shaft wobbling..issue.

Any advise is really appreciated.

Have a 6.5 (mild boost) in my TC4, no shaft wobble.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:08 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I run a front ball diff if in my tc4 and built it per the manual then loosen it just slightly so the car rotates a little better in the front. However I do not get beat out of the corners by any belt drive car. I've had to have my car teched after a race(even one I didn't win) because I could out accelerate everyone
I love your signature!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAL
I love your signature!
The best signature I've seen on here is something along the lines of:

"My biggest fear when I die is that my wife will sell all my toys for what I told her I paid for them."

I don't remember who it belongs to, but I laugh and agree every time I see it.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I am thinking of testing the waters in on road... mainly if my local indoor track stays open! I do have a local outdoor track, but obviously they wont run until spring.

I have never done onroad, so is the TC4 a good car to do that with? I dont want to break the bank, and this seems to still have a lot of parts support after all these years.

I assume I will look into USGT or VTA, depending on what is run around here. Thanks for any input!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rubijon
I am thinking of testing the waters in on road... mainly if my local indoor track stays open! I do have a local outdoor track, but obviously they wont run until spring.

I have never done onroad, so is the TC4 a good car to do that with? I dont want to break the bank, and this seems to still have a lot of parts support after all these years.

I assume I will look into USGT or VTA, depending on what is run around here. Thanks for any input!
The TC4 is a solid place to start. Lots of parts support, advice, and the cars are tough and competitive.

Look on Ebay for VTA cars for sale, they're out there to be had. I have two USVTA TC4's, one is my main car and the other is an "R&D" car where I try out stuff. I have less than $150 in the R&D car (not including the transponder and receiver), with a cheap tub & body found on Ebay, kit shocks, Novak Club 25.5 and Club ESC and cheap digital servo.

It is faster than my main USVTA TC4 with Ballistic Boss VTA motor, Novak Edge ESC, fancy VCS shocks, high dollar Futaba digital servo, etc.

Go figure.

And they're both faster than some of the Xrays and TC6.2s I race against.

Good luck!

Mark
Old 12-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had a good night locally with my tub TC4 in VTA. I ended up with TQ, A-main win, and fastest lap of the night (8.4 seconds). I almost lapped the whole field, but ended up tangling with 2nd place and had to settle for lapping up to 3rd. Actually 2nd place was running a TC3. My gear ratio was 3.65 (73/50 x 2.5) with 45 degrees timing according to the sticker. I am also running a Mcallister Mustang body.

I race on a small track that has low grip at the start of the night and usually is medium grip in the main (or a bit higher depending on turn-out). I have tried a spool in the past, but have always gone back to plastic diffs in the front/rear. The challenge at our track is managing grip/wheel slip out of the tight corners. I eventually went with sway bars in the front/rear so I could run soft springs/oil and keep the car from having too much roll.

I still need to keep working on my setup to develop better on power steering, but overall I feel the car suits my driving style (late turn-in/braking). Now that I've got the car working fairly well, I need to start running one of my other spare TC4's in USGT.

----------

Another local racer just bought a Diggity DC4 LE. It will be interesting to see one of those cars up close. If he doesn't like it, maybe I can pick it up cheap from him .
Old 12-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you very much Mark... I think I will start the search for one then. I just want to get my feet wet and learn the ropes. It seems like there is a huge learning curve for me, but being an empty nester I have nothing else better to do... especially this time of year!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks to you too Indy... sounds like a good car to learn on that can be competitive!
Old 12-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rubijon
Thank you very much Mark... I think I will start the search for one then. I just want to get my feet wet and learn the ropes. It seems like there is a huge learning curve for me, but being an empty nester I have nothing else better to do... especially this time of year!
A good way to speed up the learning curve is to practice on an RC simulator. VRC (Virtual RC) is a free download simulator that lets you race RC touring cars and off-road cars on your computer against the clock AND against other racers in real time. www.vrcworld.com

All you need is a USB adaptor for your transmitter and a matching receiver, and you're racing! VRC sells the adapters and you can find them on Ebay.

It really helped me, I just started racing RC cars this year and have really progressed because of the simulator practice.

Just a suggestion!

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.