Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by tc3stocker
Phalen, what is the part # for the ball studs, all of them on the TC4 with the new hex style head, including the ones on the hubs, caster blocks, shock towers, and also how much do you think they would cost, and also how many are in each package, I can't seem to find this info
I was just wondering if someone could answer this question of mine, didn't see anyone answer it previously, I need to know
Old 10-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Could be these, 3981 and 3983.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 10-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Anybody know if the car comes with all the shims and different blocks to adjust roll center, anti dive, toe or do they need to be ordered seperatly?
Old 10-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jack Smash
Anybody know if the car comes with all the shims and different blocks to adjust roll center, anti dive, toe or do they need to be ordered seperatly?
I belive they do.. from what I have seen on the kit instructions... they come with the kit
-Dave
Old 10-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default JDM_DOTC_Sir I wish you guys would second that request.

AE might make the changes if there was enough demand for it. Why not ask for it since the least they can do is say no. Talking about what you want in a product is not a bad thing. I guess I'm just a very detailed person. Anyway, please let me know when you find that CNC guy. Otherwise I can't wait for TC4.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Nightbreed ,I think when Tony said that the cell slots were there for purpose, I think he meant that there there so that the cells can sit as low as possible in the chassis.....It would pretty much be impossible to have them as low as possible with out cutting a small slot......and as far as having bigger slots for greater battery cooling....this is not something that can give greater performance.......it can actually work against you....batterys don't like excessive cool air for putting out maximum power(ask any battery buff)....this is one of the reasons why people don't direct small fans at them while in the car,like they do for motors......also if you weighed all of the material one would remove to increase the cell slots.....it would amount to litteraly almost nothing......not to mention weakening a molded plastic chassis that needs as much regitity as possible...........
Old 10-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Man, your avatar looks like a blind date I had once. She wasn't purple though
Old 10-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default I guess we can agree to disagree.

TPhalen, I think the chassis you are referring to is the Losi XXX-S. I don't think it was from the cell slots, but rather from the large milling opening on the servo side. That was the area that broke. I think the AE's tub chassis is much stronger with higher side walls and less overall milling in every area to reduce weight. I don't think it would effect it any other than (however small) weight on the battery side. Any weight safe on that side will help balance it better. Joe B. match up a Losi chassis with a TC3 one and you can see there is no compromise in cell lowering. Yes, I know stop tring to be a engineer.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Hey Nightbreed Im sorry if I struck a nerve with you but....I just assumed from your beginer type questions......you needed some help........Im sure associated will see your points and get right on that
Old 10-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

I used to sell modded TC3 chassis. I milled out the battery area and the slots to lower the cells. It didnt take off much weight as JoeB said almost nothing. But it did look nice.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Whatever Joe B.....

beginer questions? You did not strike a nerve with me.
I'm just stating my opinion and observations. I'm sure AE will get right on it...
Old 10-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default Speedy...

I agree, I like the looks ok. I tried.... Can you CNC the cell slots for me?
Old 10-12-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

I havent seen how the TC4 battery space looks compared to the TC3. Is it moulded better or the same looking. I first did it because my pack wouldnt sit even in the moulded slots. Then of course I had to go crazy and make my chassis look like a piece of swiss cheese.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

I think you will all like the new car.. After my first race of the year other then club racing.. I think she will be for real... Can not wait till the worlds... BTW.. This car has it's own feel compared to the tc3.. I know i like it.. Also the balance is much better in my opinion...

Mike
Old 10-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
I think you will all like the new car.. After my first race of the year other then club racing.. I think she will be for real... Can not wait till the worlds... BTW.. This car has it's own feel compared to the tc3.. I know i like it.. Also the balance is much better in my opinion...

Mike
I just wish I could get my hands on one of these Bad Boys ( Yokomo Japan is a little slow whne it comes to AE stuff )
... every day I keep chomping at the bit to find out the release date

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.