Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: I hope AE...

Originally posted by RCknight
widens the TC4 chassis on the motor side so you can use lead weights on that side. I also like to use bigger pinion gears than a 37t. My 2 cents.
Look for good things from the AE camp around the time of the Reedy Race ..... I'm sure people will have digi cameras
-Dave
Old 05-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I hope AE has something up their sleeve...

I'm bored....

I can't wait to see/read something about it.

Anyone use a rubber boots on the rear cvds? I'm just wondering if they would wear longer with them.

Would also be cool to see a drop type battery tray like the Losi JRXS one. That way they would never need to worry about battery companies changing them up every year.

Some slim lined toe blocks like the Pro 4 would make me smile.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default External diff adjustment.

dreams, dreams, man!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dave ,
Thanks for your in put on a set-up. I will be running in 19turn spec. Our set-ups are accualy pretty close. I was just using red spings all the way around.

I'll try your setup this wek and let you know how I like it.

See you at Reedy.

Jesse
Old 05-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

wicked-just so you know,someone was using my computer and was logged in under my name and you might have got some mail...sorry for the mistake...
Old 05-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by jzone
Dave ,
Thanks for your in put on a set-up. I will be running in 19turn spec. Our set-ups are accualy pretty close. I was just using red spings all the way around.

I'll try your setup this wek and let you know how I like it.

See you at Reedy.

Jesse
Good to here.... I look forward to your feed back
-Dave
Old 05-09-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by losi jon
wicked-just so you know,someone was using my computer and was logged in under my name and you might have got some mail...sorry for the mistake...
NP

I got one "check these out sucka" not sure what that was all about.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Boomer
Hey guys,

I got my TC4 handling TIGHT! Boomey likes! I was able to take about as tight a line as I liked, which also means I could swing a turn or cut it tight - however I liked.

Problem is that it seemed to shed speed in a turn - you know?

I'm running silver/blue with 40wt all around.

I talked with some guys and I'm feeling like I might be too "soft" - that because my setup is soft (blue is 3rd softest, silver is 2nd) it might be sucking up some of my corner speed. . .

Any thoughts?
we could do with a bit more info

ie, rubbers, foam.....carpet, tarmac (high bite or low bite)

if its with foams on carpet..then i could foward you my setup, i have it fairly dialled and loosing very little corner speed....i have never got along with rubbers on my tc4, well only once really but that was on HPI 15-40s (which you guys would probably never dream of using because they suck )
Old 05-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dave,
How are you finding the wear on the RP-30's. How many runs are they lasting you?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

My setup is listed a few pages back, but here's a recap.

Rubber (Sorex 36r with Yok firm inserts)
Silver/Blue-40wt
No front sway-bar, rear = black
otherwise=stock.

Car is HOOKED. . .I was irritating mod guys in practice by taking the far far far inside line and making them use their power to go around outside of me. . .

but when I ran sportsman stock I was consistently slower even though observers said that my line was nearly identical or even, in places, better than many.

I know that my batteries are something of an issue (the ones I'm using for sedan are OLD. . .like OLD. One is at least a year yold. . .) and I don't have the best motors.

But the car is rolling quite a bit, I think, and it is very soft. I'm trying to figure out how to take the incredible "hooked" feeling and transfer it to a bit stiffer setting (which should carry speed better. . .)
Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

wheni ran the HPI tyres..i ran it on rubbery cork type surface, medium grip ish.

i ran blue/gold and the rest was stock apart from a few things.......i found going to that from blue silver not only carried more corner speed but i had more grip because it made my tyres work harder..sot hey got more heat into them.

so maybe if you try that you might find it does work a bit better....try it in practise though incase you don't like it in the heats.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by raving-monkey
we could do with a bit more info

ie, rubbers, foam.....carpet, tarmac (high bite or low bite)

if its with foams on carpet..then i could foward you my setup, i have it fairly dialled and loosing very little corner speed....i have never got along with rubbers on my tc4, well only once really but that was on HPI 15-40s (which you guys would probably never dream of using because they suck )
What class motor are you running? I'm experiencing the same kind of problem as Boomer. My car is hooked and does whatever i want it too, but its still slow thru the corners. I'm using the BMI chassis, running on high-bite ozite w/foams. The motor's i run are 7,8,and 9 turns. If your running mod on carpet w/foams could u please forward me your set-up so I can give it a try and see if i carry any more cornering speed. Thanks

Kevin Kireluk

Last edited by Toodeep; 05-09-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Boomer-thanks for making me feel bad,i am using batteries that are over two years old...
Old 05-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

toodeep, i am running a br00d 19t but i guess with a few tweaks it would work with mod.

i will PM you now with my setup.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dave ,

Do you know the size of the track at the reedy race? Watch'ed some video of the race last year and just wanted to know the size of the track.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.