Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

I run the IRS diffs, and use their pin cushions in the dog bones. Hint: be sure to super glue the pin cushions, then they won't back out.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Electronics fit?

Jack Smash,
In your pics of the batt. mod. I noticed you use a novak syn. receiver and novak gt7. Is that correct?
If you did how did you get them to fit into the space?
What kind of servo are you using?
I could not get them to fit with my air. 357 servo.
thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

For one I spaced the servo as far forward as I could. I have reorganized my electronics since then and I'll post some new pics tonight. Had to squeeze a fan in there too.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Electronics fit?

Originally posted by Jsaves
Jack Smash,
In your pics of the batt. mod. I noticed you use a novak syn. receiver and novak gt7. Is that correct?
If you did how did you get them to fit into the space?
What kind of servo are you using?
I could not get them to fit with my air. 357 servo.
thanks
it is a tight fit but you can do it. that is the same exact config i am using and I got it to fit.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thanks for the pics and the help.
Another question is are you using the IRS bones with pin cushions or do use the associa. bones with pin cushions.
I noticed that the irs bones bend with their alum. outdrives.
Not that hard of hit, but I did brake an arm.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

im still using standard AE bones with AE steel out drives...ive broken about 3/4 wishbones upto now and my bones are still perfectly straight

jack smash, i just finished my battery tape mod and it seems pretty good..like the batts seem secure with the tape....but it is no where near as neat as yours, mine seems fairly rough (in terms of "neatness")

although i dont think that matters, aslong as my car is ligher and my batts are secure

i have an awesone (well i think its awesome, hehe) foam stock setup for a medium bite carpet...if anyone wants it then PM me.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by caleracer45
Where can I get some good aluminum diffs.
Speedway PAL is making a very nice alloy diff for the tc3/4 that should be for sale here at the end of this month
-Dave
Old 03-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Dave, do you know where i can buy some delrin diffs (square) over in hongkong or somewhere over there?

i needa light alternative to these steel ones

to those that PMed me about setup, i will send it to you tonight..off to school i go
Old 03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What is this?

I recently purchased a TC4 and I've put it together, reading through the instructions carefully! (Yes, I'm still a newbie!) In the box was a square "thing" with a wrench attached, but there appears to be no use for it in the instructions. Can someone please tell me what this is, whether I need it or that I should go back through the instrux more carefully? (That last one is an option, but it's not really a helpful one)

Is is just there by mistake?
Old 03-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

that peice ia a camber guage and ride hieght gauge. the wrench double as a turnbuckle wrench and ride height 5.5mm at one end and 5mm at the other. the square peice has I think 1/2 degree, 1 and 2 degree or something like that.

E
Old 03-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up Gearing

I just put together my Tc4 and was impressed at how well it went together. A couple of questions. How compressed should the servo saver spring be? Mine rubbed the bottom of the chassis so I had to tighten it up, I just hope it still does its job. Anyone have a reccomendation for gearing a Novak Brushless 5800 with the stock spur? How about a 10 double brushed motor? Thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

i had problems with my servo saver coming loose....same on my old tc3 so i just tightened it right up and put a dab of glue on it......just make sure if you due this you use a high torque and metal geared servo (im using a ko 2343) with no problems.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raving-monkey
Dave, do you know where i can buy some delrin diffs (square) over in hongkong or somewhere over there?

i needa light alternative to these steel ones

to those that PMed me about setup, i will send it to you tonight..off to school i go
As you are in UK you should be able to find the IRS alloy diffs. CML import them so if you're really stuck you could phone them.

The IRS diffs are light and will last the life of the car. We have them on our cars and we never need to touch them.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Stealth_RT
I tried the BMI top deck on my TC4, for running foam tires on carpet in mod class. I felt it made the car push more. I'm usually trying to get the car to steer more, so I took the deck back off.
Adding a topdeck to the TC4 is going to stiffen up the chassis and in the corners will feel as tho you increased your front spring rate due to the fact the chassis isnt flexing any more.(a good thing) If you softened up your front springs your steering should return and you should be able to better tune the car with a more consistant chassis. Such a major change will need some setup changes to tune to the better chassis.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by johnbull
As you are in UK you should be able to find the IRS alloy diffs. CML import them so if you're really stuck you could phone them.

The IRS diffs are light and will last the life of the car. We have them on our cars and we never need to touch them.
I was considering them but i was looking to loose some weight off my car so decided to go for the square delrin ones....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.