Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Steve S
I set my endpoints to reach full lock, and then typically run my dual rate at around 85% depending on track layout.
I usally run dual rate around 75 to 80% after I have set my endpoints at full lock. On the Hudy it turns out around 23 degrees.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Had a good run with the car over the weekend, we normally run the car pretty still, 550wt shock oil and ride reds, but we softened up the car over the weekend, 450wt and the new ride short white springs, car felt pretty good, the best it had felt in a long while, also ran a gear diff in the front, seemed to work good also, the new ride short springs fit the shocks really good.

Rhys
Old 11-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I ran the same event as crabboy over the weekend but in stock. I came 3rd. Overall, my first podium at a big event. The new short ride red springs work well. I ran slightly wider/longer wheelbase than normal as the track had a very bumpy undulating surface. My car had phenomenal corner speed. Poor motor/speedy choice let me down in the end.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I ran the same event as crabboy over the weekend but in stock. I came 3rd. Overall, my first podium at a big event. The new short ride red springs work well. I ran slightly wider/longer wheelbase than normal as the track had a very bumpy undulating surface. My car had phenomenal corner speed. Poor motor/speedy choice let me down in the end.
Originally Posted by crabboy
Had a good run with the car over the weekend, we normally run the car pretty still, 550wt shock oil and ride reds, but we softened up the car over the weekend, 450wt and the new ride short white springs, car felt pretty good, the best it had felt in a long while, also ran a gear diff in the front, seemed to work good also, the new ride short springs fit the shocks really good.

Rhys
Do either of you guys have the part numbers for the ride springs that your using? I bought some ride springs awile back but I don't think they are the new ones that you're talking about. Thanks

Steve
Old 11-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Double post...

Last edited by Benzaah; 11-24-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman
Do either of you guys have the part numbers for the ride springs that your using? I bought some ride springs awile back but I don't think they are the new ones that you're talking about. Thanks

Steve
http://www.redrc.net/2013/09/ride-pr...g-car-springs/

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...hite75-p-27148

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...red625-p-27165
Old 11-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Race Report.

We had the Australian National Titles at the Little Hampton track in South Australia this past weekend. This is a Very large 200 plus metre Nitro track with lots of off camber corners and a large uphill sweeper and downhill section that really catches out a poorly set up car. There was a small turnout due to Various reasons but those who turned up to race were still a tough crowd and the title was not going to be an easy affair. I had a battle with 4 Xrays for Tq. Current AOC stock champion Scott K took the TQ every round with the New T4 '14. I managed 5 x 2nds and a 3rd to wrap up second on the grid. Local fast guys James, David and Sam(Xray) all close behind.

The finals were a tough affair as 3rd and 4th had bolted in new motors for the finals and with it new found pace. I had been running the same(all be it strong) motor all weekend and was really feeling it in the last couple of minutes. The luxury of disposable income.

Scott was the class act of the field and drove off in all 3 finals leaving the rest of us to battle it out. I had an action packed 1st final and a racing incident in a fight for second with James had both of us rolled to the outfield and the pack drove past. I managed to fight back to 4th that race. Scott 1st, Sam 2nd, Trevor 3rd.
Second final was a much cleaner affair and i managed to take home 2nd. Results were Scott 1st, Me 2nd Sam 3rd. With 2nd and 3rd still up for grabs in the last final it was a very hectic first few laps with driver changes from 2nd thru to 5th. I had a roll over on the 1st straight and had to fight back from 5th. It was a neck and neck battle with Sam for second place over the last 5 laps and i ended up coming 3rd by 0.6 of a second and thus losing 2nd on the podium.

This was my first podium at a big event so i was still very pleased with the outcome.

Overall results were

Scott K 1st Xray T4'14 / Orca VXX / Orion Vst2 / LRP Lipo
Sam B 2nd Xray T4'13 / Hw V3.1 / Orion Vst2 / SMC lipo
Ben K 3rd Erxy 2.0 / Orion R10 Pro / Trinity D3.5 / SMC lipo

Thanks to Jay from WalterRC

Set up sheet for the event.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Nationals set up sheet resize.pdf (261.2 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by Benzaah; 11-24-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone tried 3-hole vs. 4-hole pistons on carpet. It seems that Xray drivers always use 4-hole @1.2 mm nowadays.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i recently took bearing out of my s411 to clean . they would spin freely then she i put the diff bearing in i noticed as i tightened down the bulkhead screws the diff would not spin freely. has anyone else ever noticed this? my idea to fix is maybe a 1 mm shim under bulk head to give bearing some room and keep it from clamping down on bearing.. what do you guys think?

also i have a friend looking to buy a another s411 the let me know if anyone has one for sale thanks!!!

Last edited by buckeye dan; 11-25-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Hey Dan, PM sent. I have 3 total S411s to sell... Eryx and 2 LEs.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BardSmith
Hey Dan, PM sent. I have 3 total S411s to sell... Eryx and 2 LEs.
Interested as well
Sent u A pm
Old 11-25-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by scooby61
Interested as well
Sent u A pm
Ok, sounds good. I just posting a listing on the for sale thread...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post12756142
Old 11-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Race Report.

We had the Australian National Titles at the Little Hampton track in South Australia this past weekend. This is a Very large 200 plus metre Nitro track with lots of off camber corners and a large uphill sweeper and downhill section that really catches out a poorly set up car. There was a small turnout due to Various reasons but those who turned up to race were still a tough crowd and the title was not going to be an easy affair. I had a battle with 4 Xrays for Tq. Current AOC stock champion Scott K took the TQ every round with the New T4 '14. I managed 5 x 2nds and a 3rd to wrap up second on the grid. Local fast guys James, David and Sam(Xray) all close behind.

The finals were a tough affair as 3rd and 4th had bolted in new motors for the finals and with it new found pace. I had been running the same(all be it strong) motor all weekend and was really feeling it in the last couple of minutes. The luxury of disposable income.

Scott was the class act of the field and drove off in all 3 finals leaving the rest of us to battle it out. I had an action packed 1st final and a racing incident in a fight for second with James had both of us rolled to the outfield and the pack drove past. I managed to fight back to 4th that race. Scott 1st, Sam 2nd, Trevor 3rd.
Second final was a much cleaner affair and i managed to take home 2nd. Results were Scott 1st, Me 2nd Sam 3rd. With 2nd and 3rd still up for grabs in the last final it was a very hectic first few laps with driver changes from 2nd thru to 5th. I had a roll over on the 1st straight and had to fight back from 5th. It was a neck and neck battle with Sam for second place over the last 5 laps and i ended up coming 3rd by 0.6 of a second and thus losing 2nd on the podium.

This was my first podium at a big event so i was still very pleased with the outcome.

Overall results were

Scott K 1st Xray T4'14 / Orca VXX / Orion Vst2 / LRP Lipo
Sam B 2nd Xray T4'13 / Hw V3.1 / Orion Vst2 / SMC lipo
Ben K 3rd Erxy 2.0 / Orion R10 Pro / Trinity D3.5 / SMC lipo

Thanks to Jay from WalterRC

Set up sheet for the event.
Congrats on the great results.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
Anyone tried 3-hole vs. 4-hole pistons on carpet. It seems that Xray drivers always use 4-hole @1.2 mm nowadays.
I tried 4 holes a while back but seem to end up on 3 hole all the time. I think if you run the 4 hole the feel will give too much front end and the car already rotates on the nose pretty hard.

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
i recently took bearing out of my s411 to clean . they would spin freely then she i put the diff bearing in i noticed as i tightened down the bulkhead screws the diff would not spin freely. has anyone else ever noticed this? my idea to fix is maybe a 1 mm shim under bulk head to give bearing some room and keep it from clamping down on bearing.. what do you guys think?

also i have a friend looking to buy a another s411 the let me know if anyone has one for sale thanks!!!
You can float the top shock mounts with the spacers, 1mm might be too much though. I haven't ever run into a pinched bearing in the diffs and in stock assembly the cams always seem to have some float in them, so no pinched bearings. Maybe make sure the cams are seated into the bulkheads properly with the notches. Your fix will work, just seems strange for this car.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I tried 4 holes a while back but seem to end up on 3 hole all the time. I think if you run the 4 hole the feel will give too much front end and the car already rotates on the nose pretty hard.

You can float the top shock mounts with the spacers, 1mm might be too much though. I haven't ever run into a pinched bearing in the diffs and in stock assembly the cams always seem to have some float in them, so no pinched bearings. Maybe make sure the cams are seated into the bulkheads properly with the notches. Your fix will work, just seems strange for this car.
thanks i will check the cams but I'm pretty sure they are seated correctly.. thought it was kinda odd too but i have a sport 4111 and this was not a problem.. thanks for taking time to respond Johnny..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.