Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
Hey johnny,
Any chance of getting jans s411 setup? Looking for a starting setup for AOC yatabe in a few weeks time.

Thanks
Yatabe? I'm looking for a set up for Japan too. Haven't been on carpet in 4 years.

Are you running 17.5, boosted, or Mod?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey johnny,
Any chance of getting jans s411 setup? Looking for a starting setup for AOC yatabe in a few weeks time.

Thanks
Originally Posted by xevias
Yatabe? I'm looking for a set up for Japan too. Haven't been on carpet in 4 years.

Put in a request for it with David E, but in the mean time keep watching the Serpent site as well, as it may show up there soon.

If I do get it or it posts elsewhere, I'll post a link here. ****set up here, http://serpent.com/racing/setups/

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 11-05-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: information now available.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

besides glass tape and Velcro strap, are there any other options to hold the battery down, local track enforced the use of lipo bags and glass tape is only good for 3 or 4 uses and then you have to replace it, would the rsd lipo holder for the xray t4 work?

Cheers,
Old 11-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tiago890
besides glass tape and Velcro strap, are there any other options to hold the battery down, local track enforced the use of lipo bags and glass tape is only good for 3 or 4 uses and then you have to replace it, would the rsd lipo holder for the xray t4 work?

Cheers,
Yes, although you may have to check the height of the posts depending on what make of battery you use, if too short you'll have to space them up. I also run a o-ring on the "arms" just to take up any slack in the setup. One thing to watch out for, is sometimes the battery will pop out on the back side and wedge between the battery and the top deck which could cause a tweak while your running, just to be safe I use a small length of tape on the back side just to keep the pack in and not popping out.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias

13.5t boosted. When we ran at aoc in australia we used fischers carpet setup with hpi silvers front and rear. It will be interesting though as at yatabe the tyres are much softer and we are using a different additive. Wont really know until we get there

Last edited by lookieaefanboi; 11-05-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Yes, although you may have to check the height of the posts depending on what make of battery you use, if too short you'll have to space them up. I also run a o-ring on the "arms" just to take up any slack in the setup. One thing to watch out for, is sometimes the battery will pop out on the back side and wedge between the battery and the top deck which could cause a tweak while your running, just to be safe I use a small length of tape on the back side just to keep the pack in and not popping out.
Thanks, do you have any pictures you can share,
Cheers,
Old 11-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tiago890
Thanks, do you have any pictures you can share,
Cheers,
Not from RSD, but same idea. These are made from old left over Xray standoffs and left over pieces of graphite, they seem to work ok.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-batterypost1.jpg   Serpent S411-batterypost2.jpg  
Old 11-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Not from RSD, but same idea. These are made from old left over Xray standoffs and left over pieces of graphite, they seem to work ok.
Thanks.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Hey johnny,

Thanks
http://www.serpent.com/file.php?FileID=5819

On ipad the setup is visible only in a PDF viewer type app, not in safari direct. Use the open with option and use your fav pdf app
Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi guys.
Any S411 owners going to TITC in February next year? Early days I know but I am the only ERYX driver going so far! The new Huge RC covered track looks awesome and it will be my first 'big' meeting for several years - can't wait! Anyone got any good base setup recommendations for what will be a fairly technical high grip asphalt track as I am used to fairly open low traction affairs.. I have all the team driver setups and will basically take a view but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Dan.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

More results.....

Midwest Indoor Championships, Bill Sydor gets a 2nd place finish.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Hi guys.
Any S411 owners going to TITC in February next year? Early days I know but I am the only ERYX driver going so far! The new Huge RC covered track looks awesome and it will be my first 'big' meeting for several years - can't wait! Anyone got any good base setup recommendations for what will be a fairly technical high grip asphalt track as I am used to fairly open low traction affairs.. I have all the team driver setups and will basically take a view but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Dan.
If its going to be a high grip asphalt, I'd be tempted to use one of the carpet setups and maybe just consider a lower rollcenter change. JMO
Old 11-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If its going to be a high grip asphalt, I'd be tempted to use one of the carpet setups and maybe just consider a lower rollcenter change. JMO
Thanks. I'll give it some thought.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by academygaz

Great!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Hi guys.
Cheers, Dan.
Hey Dan,

I'll be there running open brushless too.

My plan was to bring the same set up as the AOC race from this month's Yatabe Arena on carpet. Then tune from there.

We should meet up and exchange ideas as the practice sessions for TITC are very short.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.