Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors >

Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors

Like Tree1Likes

Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors

Old 10-23-2014, 06:27 AM
  #646  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Just saw a Thunderpower style motor with a black case and was told it was a prototype-possible new motor coming out .If it is true I hope the rotors are stronger.---Bob
o2 designs is offline  
Old 10-23-2014, 06:38 AM
  #647  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Hi,

I need a motor setup (timing an rotor) for 10.5t 1/12 blinky pls.
Thanks

Claude
toroloco is offline  
Old 10-23-2014, 05:05 PM
  #648  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by toroloco View Post
Hi,

I need a motor setup (timing an rotor) for 10.5t 1/12 blinky pls.
Thanks

Claude
40deg
Blue Or Green rotor
Skiddins is offline  
Old 10-24-2014, 01:35 AM
  #649  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Thanks and Rollout ?
toroloco is offline  
Old 11-29-2014, 05:56 PM
  #650  
Tech Adept
 
3DFLYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 197
Default

Hey guys.

Just a quick one hopefully, wondering what temps people run the 13.5s motor at? People have told me 60c and others say 80c.?

I'm running 4.2 FDR in my xray t4 14 in blinky with timing at 20 and was getting quite warm yesterday. Ambient temp was about 35c which I know would have some impact.

I've just fitted a fan on the motor as well hopefully can sort out timing and temp for next weeks racing

Thanks heaps for any help
3DFLYER is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 03:07 AM
  #651  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by toroloco View Post
Thanks and Rollout ?
Sorry, didn't see your reply/

70mm per rev
Skiddins is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 03:08 AM
  #652  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by 3DFLYER View Post
Hey guys.

Just a quick one hopefully, wondering what temps people run the 13.5s motor at? People have told me 60c and others say 80c.?

I'm running 4.2 FDR in my xray t4 14 in blinky with timing at 20 and was getting quite warm yesterday. Ambient temp was about 35c which I know would have some impact.

I've just fitted a fan on the motor as well hopefully can sort out timing and temp for next weeks racing

Thanks heaps for any help
You want to keep the motor as cool as possible as the resistance builds up as the heat builds up.
With a fan and heatsink my motors stay around 55degC and the internal temps (measured through the vent holes near the timing board) should be around 10degC hotter at most.
Skiddins is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 11:26 PM
  #653  
Tech Adept
 
3DFLYER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 197
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
You want to keep the motor as cool as possible as the resistance builds up as the heat builds up.
With a fan and heatsink my motors stay around 55degC and the internal temps (measured through the vent holes near the timing board) should be around 10degC hotter at most.
Righto thanks mate I'll try and keep it somewhere in that range
I now have my fan installed, ducted and running at a higher voltage . I'll see how I go.
3DFLYER is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 01:14 AM
  #654  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
You want to keep the motor as cool as possible as the resistance builds up as the heat builds up.
You sure about that?, I always thought the science said resistance drops as temperature increases, and increases the colder something is, the colder something is, the less flow of electrical current, hence the old lets freeze this bomb timer so it don't go off trick...
Bishop is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 01:49 AM
  #655  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

When temperatures are increased, so will the resistance.
trigger is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 02:12 AM
  #656  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
You sure about that?, I always thought the science said resistance drops as temperature increases, and increases the colder something is, the colder something is, the less flow of electrical current, hence the old lets freeze this bomb timer so it don't go off trick...
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
When temperatures are increased, so will the resistance.
This

This is the reason when wires are super cooled to close to absolute zero using liquid nitrogen etc, they turn into super conductors that can cary huge currents, their resistance falls to almost zero.

Lipo's aren't quite the same as you are dealing with a chemical reaction.
Skiddins is offline  
Old 03-02-2015, 03:25 PM
  #657  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bendigo
Posts: 146
Default

Ok guys need some help with 13.5 blinky in a touring car. Running the purple rotor. Need a good ratio to run on a med size track. Still need punch but also legs for the straight. Can anyone help please?????
_______________________________
VBC D07 MUCHMORE FLETA PRO THUNDERPOWER 13.5
VBC D06 HOBBYWING V3.1 THUNDERPOWER
RAB HOBBIES
SPEKTRUM
HITEC
onroad racer is offline  
Old 03-31-2015, 05:56 AM
  #658  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,468
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

still pretty much a newb to the rc world..only about 2 years into RCs and the last 6 months or so into the 10th/12th scale world...so i'm trying to see how these thunder power, specifically the 13.5, are in speed, power, torque to other brands. looking to get my WGT setup and looking to run a HW 1s ESC in it
phatboislim is offline  
Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 AM
  #659  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,914
Default

Originally Posted by phatboislim View Post
still pretty much a newb to the rc world..only about 2 years into RCs and the last 6 months or so into the 10th/12th scale world...so i'm trying to see how these thunder power, specifically the 13.5, are in speed, power, torque to other brands. looking to get my WGT setup and looking to run a HW 1s ESC in it
There have been quite a few used in 1s 1/12 scale at BRCA events in the UK, including myself in 1/12 and TC's
Skiddins is offline  
Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 AM
  #660  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,468
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

how have they contended?
phatboislim is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.