Search

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windix606060
Hi Kevin,
I have a technical question. What hot girl will you be bringing to the Halloween Race?

Thanks,

A fan
Yes I'd like to know also. This could get interesting since keven is staying at my house

I probably won't be so lucky I think his name JB.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Kevin,

Glad to see you running the Radiopost radio. They are awesome and I have had mine now since they first came out.

Question. What changes will you make on the radio when you run 17.5 blinky? Also will you adjust the radio much throughout the day to help when track conditions change a bit or will you just make setup changes?

Thanks and when you coming back to WCRC?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey RedBullFiXX,

I think what Kevin means is where the caster block mount's to the aluminum arm mount you can put a shim in between there. Also you can add shim's between the lower arms and aluminum arm mount.If you do so your going to have to take off the Graphite brace.

Hope this helps
Hi Mike, yes that is what I was refering to ! thank you

Hi Kevin,
I have a technical question. What hot girl will you be bringing to the Halloween Race?

Thanks,

A fan
haha thats a tough one ! I have not planned that far ahead but I have a feeling chicky answered below !

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Kevin,

Glad to see you running the Radiopost radio. They are awesome and I have had mine now since they first came out.

Question. What changes will you make on the radio when you run 17.5 blinky? Also will you adjust the radio much throughout the day to help when track conditions change a bit or will you just make setup changes?

Thanks and when you coming back to WCRC?
Hi,

I usualy dont change anything other then expo when running 17.5 ! I use about +20% expo on the throttle and thats about the only change I make from mod to 17.5. Hope your car made it ok after the crash in the main at westcoast last time I was there. I think I will be back sometime early december.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Kevin,
What hot girl will you be bringing to the Halloween Race?
i'd like to vote for this one ..

yes!!
Attached Thumbnails Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC-hebert-beach.jpg  
Old 10-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball

yes!!
Eh stalk much?
Old 10-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by seaball

yes!!
Oh, she's alright, but JB is man-pretty

Last edited by locked; 10-18-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

It was ugly. $125 worth of damage. It hit the rear perfect. Even ripped the bulkhead screws out of the chassis.

She looks sweet now with all the new parts

Thanks for the continued support.

Originally Posted by Keven H
Hi Mike, yes that is what I was refering to ! thank you

haha thats a tough one ! I have not planned that far ahead but I have a feeling chicky answered below !

Hi,

I usualy dont change anything other then expo when running 17.5 ! I use about +20% expo on the throttle and thats about the only change I make from mod to 17.5. Hope your car made it ok after the crash in the main at westcoast last time I was there. I think I will be back sometime early december.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi Keven,
I run on a low grip carpet track in mod with my TC6. We are not allowed any traction additives of any sort.
What changes can you recommend say from your IIC mod setup to allow for these conditions?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fatbear
Hi Keven,
I run on a low grip carpet track in mod with my TC6. We are not allowed any traction additives of any sort.
What changes can you recommend say from your IIC mod setup to allow for these conditions?

Thanks
I would probably start with the same setup but maybe had a little bit more droop ! Unfortunately I have never run with no additive so it is hard to say. If you try it let me know what it feels like and then we can work from there.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey couple questions Keven

1. What do you mean in your notes in his IIC 12th mod setup it says 2mm on top arm?

2. You used stock/spec with 0-1-1-2 on high bite carpet at IIC with 4T lrp motor correct?

What would you use say on Norcal Hobbies outdoor asphalt to start off with?

Can you advice any other settings for other track conditions?

Also why did you choose the stock/spec over the comp or TC v2 controllers?

Thank you for your time
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Hey couple questions Keven

1. What do you mean in your notes in his IIC 12th mod setup it says 2mm on top arm?

2. You used stock/spec with 0-1-1-2 on high bite carpet at IIC with 4T lrp motor correct?

What would you use say on Norcal Hobbies outdoor asphalt to start off with?

Can you advice any other settings for other track conditions?

Also why did you choose the stock/spec over the comp or TC v2 controllers?

Thank you for your time

Hi,

1-The 2mm on top arm means the upper arm is shimmed 2mm to get a longer upper arm.

2- the reason why I run the stock spec is more of a feel thing, I like the feeling of it on the down side is you dont have much setup window since we pretty much can only run it on one. I ran stock spec with 4.0 STD wind with 12.5 works rotor correct.

3- if I was to go run at Norcal, I would start with the same setup with lighter oil on side and center, probably 20 side and 25 center and would use a blue center spring and green side ! thats about it I think.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Keven-

Can you discuss the finer points of filming with the iPhone?

thanks

p.s. your sig needs an update.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Keven,

I'm wondering whether you've tried linear side springs on the 12R5, and if so, what you think of them. Do they smooth the car out? Looking at Blackstock's ride from the IIC, he seems to like them.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Keven-

Can you discuss the finer points of filming with the iPhone?

thanks

p.s. your sig needs an update.
Thanks for the heads up. Still trying to master the art of filming with the iphone ! will try to have better footage next time out ...

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hi Keven,

I'm wondering whether you've tried linear side springs on the 12R5, and if so, what you think of them. Do they smooth the car out? Looking at Blackstock's ride from the IIC, he seems to like them.

Thanks.
Hi,

unfortunately I have not tried the progressive spring in such a long time. last time was over 2 years ago and back then, my 1/12 program was not the best so it would be hard to say. Blackstock did run them on his 13.5 car at IIC and ran black spring on his mod car. Sorry I could not be much help
Old 10-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looking at your IIC SuperStock setup, you seem to be running a much lower front rollcenter(including a bit of antidive) than rear.

Any tips for where to start with the arm mounts for a medium bite/dusty carpet track?

Maybe 3A/0B front and 1B/1B rear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.