Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EPIC "D3" Duo 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by EddieO
There are actually smaller, 100% effective zappers about the size of a fridge.....and another the size of a small wine fridge that can sit on your desktop. Problem is the cost......the first is about $30,000.....the second, about $20,000......and they are not very user friendly.

The only tuner I am aware of claiming to zap motors is Full Throttle, which is total BS......my guess, he modified the shoes on his ceramic zapper to hold a brushless rotor and is under the impression that its actually doing something to the NEO magnets.

To zap a NEO magnet, you need to generate a field of about 3.5 to 4 Tesla....while not killing yourself with the massive amount of power floating around.

Later EddieO
It also helps if you don't wear a Pacemaker. This is why it has its own room and you can't allow unauthorized personnel to enter.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

subscribed
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Very true, Like EA said . We don't claim to Zapp any rotors, there is 1 or 2 Tuners whom do claim that fact but we all know they have no way to do soo.

Our motors are basically gone thru and checked to ensure rotors and stators are matched with best componets for eachother in a matching type process, shimmed correctly, checked in other areas and such.

Myself,EA,BrOOd and others have been here since brushed days and all respect eachother and all do our best to ensure motors are best they can be for our racing public.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Not so.

We have one, right here, in Irvine, CA.....

In its own room.
My apologies. I wasnt aware that you all had one here. Thats good to hear though as it would explain the much better rotors that you all have been selling the past couple of years!

Sorry to speak out of turn.

Thanks
EA
Old 12-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

As long as you don't have a turd, measuring rotors is for bench racers. On the track, just gear for the power band and go.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by M-Technic
D3 is the best of those three by far, in my opinion (in fact, maybe the best motor on the market right now, depending on who you talk to!). I would rate them D3 -> Ballistic -> Redline.
Shouldn't the DUO1 and DUO2 be included in that list? And the SPv3? I haven't seen a Tekin motor that isn't half a second off. The Novak's are stout, too, but something about the power delivery of a DUO is easier for me to put down. I can match fast laps with my Novak motors, but can't do them as consistently.

And the x12's have been used effectively lately as well.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by syndr0me
As long as you don't have a turd, measuring rotors is for bench racers. On the track, just gear for the power band and go.
This is fairly true. If you have a turd Rotor (50-100 points lower) than the average then it will not run very good. Going to an average rotor you will notice a difference. Going to a great rotor will make a pretty big difference.

Average racers arent not going to feel the difference in 25 points though. 100...yes! LOL

EA
Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

But aren't all these brushless motors supposed to be the same? I am sure I can dig up multiple posts from a few years back saying they are all the same....

Now there are turds?

Later EddieO
Old 12-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Team EAM

Shouldn't the DUO1 and DUO2 be included in that list? And the SPv3? I haven't seen a Tekin motor that isn't half a second off. The Novak's are stout, too, but something about the power delivery of a DUO is easier for me to put down. I can match fast laps with my Novak motors, but can't do them as consistently.
I would agree with that too! The Novak motors are fast. I think they Novaks have the advantage in Pan car classes and especially Oval classes. All the ones I have tested have more RPM and better Eff which would make sense as to why they run better in the Pan car (lighter) classes. They seem to get a bit hotter in the TC classes than other motors but still run great if geared and setup right. I still prefer the D3s though in all but Oval. Oval is Novak only!

EA
Old 12-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

And the x12's have been used effectively lately as well.
I was specifically speaking about the 3 motors he asked about. The Duo 1 and Duo 2 are great motors as well. I have not had any luck with the SPv3 motors, and I have not owned an X12 personally.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Lord

But aren't all these brushless motors supposed to be the same? I am sure I can dig up multiple posts from a few years back saying they are all the same..
I imagine the tuners will tell you there's less bad motors in a batch now than in the brushed days. It's far from perfect, but certainly a step forward.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

But aren't all these brushless motors supposed to be the same? I am sure I can dig up multiple posts from a few years back saying they are all the same....

Now there are turds?

Later EddieO
Dude, LET IT GO MAN!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Whats the fun it that though?

Later EddieO
Old 12-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Lord

I think most of the reasonable discussion back then centered around how we'd all be tuning brushless motors. The motors themselves we haven't really found much to change. ESCs, on the other hand...

There was plenty of unreasonable discussion back in those days.

I'm surprised batteries smoothed out so much with LiPo. Sure, we've got the new C of the week, but nothing that's really mattered much.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Does the duo3 work with the novak havok 3s, also does it have a Thermal Overload Protection, Or heat sensor, as the havok 3s will only work with motors that have tihs built in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.