Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF417

Old 12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
  #316  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Somewhere, but not here...
Posts: 550
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Beautiful car you have there. Can't wait to get one. Just noticed something that kind of bothers me about the new car...the motor mount is not slotted with air vents and fins as far as I can see. This feature is very useful for motors like Team powers that use a fan mounted on the motor that blows hot air out of the motor and sucks cool air in thru vents on the motor at the motor mount bulkhead. Maybe it will be an option part. Other than that, the car is a gem!
Obsidian is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 04:59 AM
  #317  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (17)
 
OverGeared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rccartips
I have the TCX. The 417 is much better on the track. Probably due to the chassis and how it flexes.

I've tried 0.4 pinions with 64pitch spurs, they mesh but there is a slight difference.
Chief, available na pala ang 417 there sa Manila? Where can I get one? Hint on how much will it cost?

Salamat.
OverGeared is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:44 AM
  #318  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,142
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Test drove my friend's 417 and it was great... now gotta start building mine!
jonest is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 AM
  #319  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 177
Default

Originally Posted by jonest
Test drove my friend's 417 and it was great... now gotta start building mine!
Where are you guys getting yours from???
008-Racer is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 09:10 AM
  #320  
Tech Regular
 
RL.2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 418
Default

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Where are you guys getting yours from???
+1
RL.2002 is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 10:42 AM
  #321  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,426
Default

Does the kit come with the L shape lipo holders for the chassis? I am very tempted to get one to replace my mighty ta05ms. I mainly race on a small technical circuit on foams with a 10.5. I see this chassis has loads of flex (the ms is nice and stiff). Will it be a waste? (I still win with the ms, I just really fancy something new)
Qatmix is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 AM
  #322  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (66)
 
Jamison R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Where are you guys getting yours from???
+2 Can they be ordered yet? RCMarket have them?
Jamison R is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 12:24 PM
  #323  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

www.dynamichobbies.com has 1 left. 613-225-9634

The car does come with the lipo holders.
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 12:31 PM
  #324  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I drove my 417 for the first time yesterday on carpet running tamiya C tires(TCS race). It was hard to compare against the 416x since it was my first time on those tires but I have to say the car felt very stable but pushy on the factory set-up. I made a few small changes and the car gained .2 tenths each run and got even more consistant.

I really liked how it felt. The X was sometimes hard to get good balance on but this car's balance didn't change much it just got faster.

So do I think its faster than the X? Maybe, but its as fast, with the stability needed to run more fast laps every lap. Hope that made sense.

I like it more than the 416X
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 PM
  #325  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,142
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Qatmix
Does the kit come with the L shape lipo holders for the chassis? I am very tempted to get one to replace my mighty ta05ms. I mainly race on a small technical circuit on foams with a 10.5. I see this chassis has loads of flex (the ms is nice and stiff). Will it be a waste? (I still win with the ms, I just really fancy something new)
Yes, it comes with the L-shape holder and you should get it....
jonest is offline  
Old 12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
  #326  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
jonest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johor, Malaysia
Posts: 3,142
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
I drove my 417 for the first time yesterday on carpet running tamiya C tires(TCS race). It was hard to compare against the 416x since it was my first time on those tires but I have to say the car felt very stable but pushy on the factory set-up. I made a few small changes and the car gained .2 tenths each run and got even more consistant.

I really liked how it felt. The X was sometimes hard to get good balance on but this car's balance didn't change much it just got faster.

So do I think its faster than the X? Maybe, but its as fast, with the stability needed to run more fast laps every lap. Hope that made sense.

I like it more than the 416X
Yes it is!... We test drove the X (4.5t motor) and the 417 (5.5t) and it proves the 417 handling and corner speed is much better.
jonest is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 AM
  #327  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (66)
 
Jamison R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,624
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
www.dynamichobbies.com has 1 left. 613-225-9634

The car does come with the lipo holders.
PM me how much. I want to buy it.
Jamison R is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 AM
  #328  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 83
Default

Those who already have their 417 already, how do you tighten the pinion screw?
It seems there is no way to reach the screw with normal RC tools when the motor and the spur gear are in their normal places.
jarkko is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:15 AM
  #329  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 54
Default

through the hole in the bottom of the chassis
MartinBasse is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 07:08 PM
  #330  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,279
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

The more I run this leaky, piece of s*** spec-r diff, the more irritated I am with Tamiya for not manning up and making their own.
syndr0me is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.