Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF417

Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM
  #286  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yes on the spur and not every spur gear will fit. It must have 4 holes in the right spot so the adapter can sandwich the spur in. There are no screws holding the spur in anymore. It all goes together and is held together by 1 e-clip. Very cool
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 PM
  #287  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Hi,

Can somebody confirm that the spur gear that comes with the TRF 417 is 64P?

Thanks
R.
TheRock899 is offline  
Old 12-07-2010, 10:36 PM
  #288  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: JPRaceway Philippines
Posts: 1,192
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TheRock899
Hi,

Can somebody confirm that the spur gear that comes with the TRF 417 is 64P?

Thanks
R.
yes, it comes with two 64 pitch spur gears. 111 and 113 tooth.
JPRacing is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 03:16 AM
  #289  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: downunder
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

What is the difference between the 416 spool cups and the 417 spool cups?

Anyone notice.
bjspinner is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 03:31 AM
  #290  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,189
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
Yes on the spur and not every spur gear will fit. It must have 4 holes in the right spot so the adapter can sandwich the spur in. There are no screws holding the spur in anymore. It all goes together and is held together by 1 e-clip. Very cool
i just wish spur gears are accessible without removing the upper plate
cheapskate.brok is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:58 AM
  #291  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I like to loosen the screws on the top deck periodically throughout the day anyway to let the car relax so removing them takes an extra 2 mins.

How often do you change a spur gear at the track anyway? Unless you strip one of course but I haven't done that in a long time.
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 AM
  #292  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bjspinner
What is the difference between the 416 spool cups and the 417 spool cups?

Anyone notice.
They are the same. Its the same spool too. The bulkheads are narrower but the bearing holder is recessed in the bulkhead so the spool width is still the same.
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 AM
  #293  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The other things I noticed is the motor is .5 to .75mm higher than the 416x and the top deck is 1mm higher too.
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 AM
  #294  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 4,192
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
The other things I noticed is the motor is .5 to .75mm higher than the 416x and the top deck is 1mm higher too.
Motor is higher probably cause of it rubbing the track on the 416x and higher top deck for more flex.

Wow, the more you point things out, I swear they must have looked at the TCX for some ideas.
Apex is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:00 AM
  #295  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,160
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Apex
Wow, the more you point things out, I swear they must have looked at the TCX for some ideas.

sometimes I think it's the other way round.
jag88 is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 AM
  #296  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VA
Posts: 4,192
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jag88
sometimes I think it's the other way round.
True. The TCX did copy the 416x. But the 417 copied the TCX in some ways too. Plan to setup the 417 as close as I can to TCX and see if I can tell the difference.
Apex is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM
  #297  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,279
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

We saw them experimenting with raising the motor as far back as Reedy, which I think predates the TCX, right?

Is the manual online anywhere?

What's the story with belts on the car, are they different than the 416/416X? It looks like there's a new front belt?

51439 TRF417 Low Fric Drive Belt Front
syndr0me is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:56 AM
  #298  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lund, Sweden
Posts: 159
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me
We saw them experimenting with raising the motor as far back as Reedy, which I think predates the TCX, right?

Is the manual online anywhere?

What's the story with belts on the car, are they different than the 416/416X? It looks like there's a new front belt?

51439 TRF417 Low Fric Drive Belt Front
519mm front belt and 177mm rear belt or in other words 1 tooth longer front belt than X and the rear belt is the same. Can be seen from the pictures of ets race 2.
Mr_Orange is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 12:42 PM
  #299  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Default

hey guys,

In general, what pinion gears do you guys usually carry around?
TheRock899 is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 PM
  #300  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,040
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Blank setup sheet @ http://kentech.blogs.se
Will post more pictures as soon as I have time

Originally Posted by TheRock899
Hi,

Can somebody confirm that the spur gear that comes with the TRF 417 is 64P?

Thanks
R.
Originally Posted by JPRacing
yes, it comes with two 64 pitch spur gears. 111 and 113 tooth.
The spurs are 0.4 pitch but compatible with 64 pitch.

Originally Posted by Apex
Motor is higher probably cause of it rubbing the track on the 416x and higher top deck for more flex.

Wow, the more you point things out, I swear they must have looked at the TCX for some ideas.
The upper deck is higher to clear 25.1mm lipos.
kentech is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.