Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF417

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey George, My 416X is dialed on carpet and has a TRF LiPo chassis that has the right flex for carpet, similar to your set-up. I can give you a hand with your set-up the next time your out at 360 2.0...... Don't get rid of that thing!!..... We'll get it working!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Alex I'm not getting rid of my TRF...
Old 10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Awesome!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I found the Tamiya not good on carpet, awful actually. Had to make considerable modification to get it to be equal to my Xray. Its a truly fast car but I have found it difficult to tune to be honest. I went the opposite way to convention and increased the flex dramatically and the car was amazing
Old 10-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
I found the Tamiya not good on carpet, awful actually. Had to make considerable modification to get it to be equal to my Xray. Its a truly fast car but I have found it difficult to tune to be honest. I went the opposite way to convention and increased the flex dramatically and the car was amazing
I tested a great option for this car on carpet. More to come on this...
Old 10-19-2011, 04:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
What setup are you running...I posted one recently that works very well anywhere I go. The car works very well on carpet....

http://linewerx.com/Linewerx/Racing_...IIC%202011.pdf
+1
Art's car looked super good... imagine if he could drive
Old 10-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
my 417 works on carpet
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My was worked well at iic and was easy to drive I just sucked
Old 10-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
my 417 works on carpet
X2, I love my 417 on the rug. It's as fast as any of the other cars in our group that range from 2011 Xray T3, HB, & TC6's. The only thing holding it back is me catching up to the ability of the car!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vicko
My was worked well at iic and was easy to drive I just sucked
Same for me.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Addict

Update:
I tried some different driveshafts and even tried putting the rear driveshafts in the front, with no success at all.

I really don't know what is wrong, but this isn't just normal wheel-chatter. At the end of the straight at my home-track, we have a left sweeper. When I apply steering at the end of the straight, I can feel the car "jumping" (due to vibrations in the front) so it won't steer in properly and it won't brake.

I am about to give up. The car is un-driveable, and I can't figure out why. I wanted to buy the 417X, but that car is probably 2 months away (if we should believe the rumours).

Originally Posted by Nilks
Hi guys,

I hope some of you experts can help me a bit with my 417.

When applying 50+% steering, I get some weird grinding noices and a lot of vibrations. It is not the normal spool wheel chatter, but it is a lot more violent. The problem is also present with a geardiff.

I have changed steering knuckles, C-hubs, wheel hexes, wheel axles (51445), and probably more that I've forgotten. The problem is, as far as I can see, in the front, as I have tried removing the belt and turning the wheels by hand, without improvement. I have tried removing the dampers, and detaching the steering and the camber links. No improvements.

I recorded it, so you can see it yourself:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I hope someone knows about the problem, or can see it from the video. I have had 3 different Tamiya-drivers looking at my car, and no-one can find the problem.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You can try one thing to eliminate that it is something in the drivetrain and not the spool.
Use a geardiff up front with cleaning putty in it.
It almost reacts like a spool but there is some movement in it so this should eliminate the chatter.
If not then you have a serious job finding what is wrong up front.
When did it start?
After clipping a boarding?
Was it always there?
Did you change something on the car and after that it occured?
I still think it is almost normall wheel chatter but i could be wrong.
It can also get worse when you run a lot of downstop so the springs can be loose between the spring collar and the spring retainer.
I would start with the geardiff up front and see how it goes.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by Nilks
Update:
I tried some different driveshafts and even tried putting the rear driveshafts in the front, with no success at all.

I really don't know what is wrong, but this isn't just normal wheel-chatter. At the end of the straight at my home-track, we have a left sweeper. When I apply steering at the end of the straight, I can feel the car "jumping" (due to vibrations in the front) so it won't steer in properly and it won't brake.

I am about to give up. The car is un-driveable, and I can't figure out why. I wanted to buy the 417X, but that car is probably 2 months away (if we should believe the rumours).
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Hi,

I have tried with a gear-diff with 500k oil.
Downstop has been checked, and we have even tried some extreme downstops (in both directions). We have also tried with the shocks detached.

I started on my 4th battery in this indoor season, between two outings. I didn't have a crash. I have just barely touched the inside of a corner on the curb a couple of times, but nothing serious.

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
You can try one thing to eliminate that it is something in the drivetrain and not the spool.
Use a geardiff up front with cleaning putty in it.
It almost reacts like a spool but there is some movement in it so this should eliminate the chatter.
If not then you have a serious job finding what is wrong up front.
When did it start?
After clipping a boarding?
Was it always there?
Did you change something on the car and after that it occured?
I still think it is almost normall wheel chatter but i could be wrong.
It can also get worse when you run a lot of downstop so the springs can be loose between the spring collar and the spring retainer.
I would start with the geardiff up front and see how it goes.

regards Roy
Old 10-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Have you checked the screw, or the bearing, or anything close from the wheels ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.