Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Litemodz CVD

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Any chance we will see a rubber boot for them?

They look nice, can't wait to try a set when I get my new TC. I'm only worried about them on carpet and when those threads get all wound up in them. I could see this as a real problem. It would be nice as an option for sure.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Hanging out with the real rock crawler people, I learned 7075T6 is supposed to be a flexible material. If it flexes, it will flex back to its original shape. They use it for 4 link suspensions to get flex, and flex back.
That is not AL7075,T6... It is, Spring Steel/ Blue Temper Steel which flexes and back to the original place. Well, depends on your luck, hard crash impact. Spring Steels bends and something breaks too...

FYI...
AL7075 - Preharded/ Stronger Alu (Shinny Anodize Finishing)
AL6061 - Normal Alu (Normal Anodize Finishing)
Old 08-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I really want to try a set of these on the front of my car but after running the mi4 with aluminum axles they always bent. Are these stronger?
Yup! It was a just AL7075 with Titanium Hard Coated...
I think RC shop does sell aftermarket Mi4 Spring Steel CVD's.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Received the zx1 but driveshaft status still processing till Thursday
Old 08-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lochness42
Just found an ebay seller listing that for £3.40 and free P&P here in the UK just search for ZX1 lube, just placed my order for a bottle.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

The seller on ebay uk is the actuall manufacturer Great Service ...
Got my one from Them ,Very Fast and Professional
Old 08-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonrg
We have noticed that the front CVS clips were changed from the original prototypes. As a result under full lock the clips have the possibility of coming out causing the CVS to fail.

We are extremely sorry and disappointed and a revised clip (rebuild kit) will be sent out on Monday to all customers.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this problem.

The rear CVS will be okay.

So we would ask you not to use them until you have fitted the new clips.

Again I can only apologise for the inconvienence, but we want you get get the best from these products.

Did the revised clips get sent out yet? not received mine yet
Old 08-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

I don't think so....
I haven't received my order at all...
Do not use the cvd as it is unless you are on big track with no tight corners...
One of my friend Tried yesterday lasted a lap and a half lol clips went off
And another interesting thing is demon rc 6 pounds cheaper than the manufacturer and they are in stock!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=
And another interesting thing is demon rc 6 pounds cheaper than the manufacturer and they are in stock![/QUOTE]

Thats not on Last time i buy anything direct from Litemodz now, i feel ripped off tbh. I always use Demon for my Xray bits aswell.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Never mind
Let's hope it's just a simple clips problem...
It took a bit longer than a simple clips replacement
Fingers crossed
Old 08-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

It seems Litemodz was able to get back some of the shipment and are installing the new clips.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Received e-mail from them any they were waiting for the clips so I reckon most of the trouble should be end till the end of the week
Old 08-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonrg
We have noticed that the front CVS clips were changed from the original prototypes. As a result under full lock the clips have the possibility of coming out causing the CVS to fail.

We are extremely sorry and disappointed and a revised clip (rebuild kit) will be sent out on Monday to all customers.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this problem.

The rear CVS will be okay.

So we would ask you not to use them until you have fitted the new clips.

Again I can only apologise for the inconvienence, but we want you get get the best from these products.
With regard to the above quote. We at Litemodz are now working flat out to produce a totally revised FRONT CVS, this decision was made after a lot of discusion with our engineers as we felt that whilst the replacement clips would cure the problem, a redesign was necessary. We are therefore going to replace, the original Front CVS's supplied to all our customers who have already taken delivery as quickly as possible and any orders not yet sent will obviously receive the updated version. I can only apologise once again for the problem, but as I previously stated we want you to get the best from this product.
I think we have been totally open about what has happened to everyone either via e-mail, phone calls or from me writing on this forum and are in no way hiding the problem or what we are doing to rectify it.

As for Demon offering them at below RRP that is entirely up to them, we have no control over the margins they work to. We are not ripping anyone off by selling them at the RRP.

Jon Guest (Litemodz)
Old 08-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Thanx for the info ...
Was there any kind of rail (sorry I don't know how to call it) for to sit that clip in?
Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I it much different design? photo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.