Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Litemodz CVD

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

I think they are still working on how to keep dog bone and axle together by the best way...
@Litemodz
Please test it on a very tight track,some drivers test it before the public release Im still wondering how comes they didn't found out the problem cos it took less than 2 laps to fail on our hands
I believe your come back will be very good this time...
I can't wait to see new design
Good luck
Old 08-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=yokemad;7854671]Thanx for the info ...
Was there any kind of rail (sorry I don't know how to call it) for to sit that clip in?[/QUOTE

Yep, the clip sat in a groove.

Ark, to answer your question, externally they look just about the same but there are differences internally.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Thanx for the info and hard work to improve the product...
Old 08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonrg
As for Demon offering them at below RRP that is entirely up to them, we have no control over the margins they work to. We are not ripping anyone off by selling them at the RRP.

Jon Guest (Litemodz)
I appreciate you have no control over what shops sell them for but as i / many others pre ordered i thought us early adopters were getting a special deal for supporting your company and buying direct. i was obviously wrong and have learnt a lesson At least we are getting good support with new modified versions and you have the balls to admit teething problems with your product.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

jonrg - Please check your email. Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BILKO1
I appreciate you have no control over what shops sell them for but as i / many others pre ordered i thought us early adopters were getting a special deal for supporting your company and buying direct. i was obviously wrong and have learnt a lesson At least we are getting good support with new modified versions and you have the balls to admit teething problems with your product.
I never thought I was getting a special deal for supporting the company and buying direct. I do know that I did not shop around, and realize that many companies DO charge more ordering direct vs another online retailer or distributor, because the mfg usually wants distributors and LHSs to pick up the product and give incentive to that. I am looking forward to receiving the updated product, and am stoked that Litemodz is here @ RCTECH.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

checked out their site.. looks like nice stuff..

just wondering you they plan to make anything for the RC10 b4.. being one of the most popular cars out there..
Old 08-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jonrg
With regard to the above quote. We at Litemodz are now working flat out to produce a totally revised FRONT CVS, this decision was made after a lot of discusion with our engineers as we felt that whilst the replacement clips would cure the problem, a redesign was necessary. We are therefore going to replace, the original Front CVS's supplied to all our customers who have already taken delivery as quickly as possible and any orders not yet sent will obviously receive the updated version. I can only apologise once again for the problem, but as I previously stated we want you to get the best from this product.
I think we have been totally open about what has happened to everyone either via e-mail, phone calls or from me writing on this forum and are in no way hiding the problem or what we are doing to rectify it.

As for Demon offering them at below RRP that is entirely up to them, we have no control over the margins they work to. We are not ripping anyone off by selling them at the RRP.

Jon Guest (Litemodz)
Hi Jon,

So those people who already have them just need to wait for new ones to be sent? there are no returns??

cheers
M
Old 08-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michael.branth
Hi Jon,

So those people who already have them just need to wait for new ones to be sent? there are no returns??

cheers
M
Good question, I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

For the replacement you need to send back that's for sure
But Litemodz has to sort out new design before announce that...
Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by yokemad
For the replacement you need to send back that's for sure
But Litemodz has to sort out new design before announce that...
Why is that "for sure", I didn't see that information from John.

Does the existing design work with the new clips, or does the existing design with the new clips mostly work and a new design is required to be "correct"?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by erchn
Usually product gets sent back as it saves the hassle of worrying if some retailers will still sell the old products that have the defect. if a company is starting in a new market the last thing they want is product faults to destroy there image before they start.but if you bought it from the manufacture they mite not need you to returned it as they'd have a record of you buying it then they would have to front alot of small amounts of shipping charges to get it back as the fault is with the design id assume they'd wouldn't fault test again back there as they know the problem, so there isn't much point in having it back there.

Seeing how they addressed and reacted to there problem its reassured my discussion to buy the revised set.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Was in at my Local hobby shop today and the had the LightMod spool and CVD's for the Mi4 so I brought them. Now I can't wait till Wednesday to try them. LHS are great, you see something on the wall and can have it straight away, I didn't know there was something better than standard and I spend alot of time surfing.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by erchn;

Does the existing design work with the new clips, or does the existing design with the new clips mostly work and a new design is required to be "correct"?

They admit they are gonna change the design I reckon the internal design of the axle ...
If you think people gonna keep what they got already and will receive another cvd free of charge that sounds a little too good to me
Anyways let's wait and see what's gonna happen
Old 08-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by yokemad
They admit they are gonna change the design I reckon the internal design of the axle ...
If you think people gonna keep what they got already and will receive another cvd free of charge that sounds a little too good to me
Anyways let's wait and see what's gonna happen
Why does it sound too good? They don't work /are faulty so they are of no use except maybe for spare parts. It will also cost Litemodz a small fortune in return postage which is better spent fixing the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.