Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Guys,
I've got a question regarding setup tools. More specifically a setup board. I would think it important to make sure that the board is level, but i'm seeing some that don't have any adjustment on them (just "bumper" feet). I've ordered a couple different models of the Integy board and even though they are advertised as having spring loaded adjustable legs, the ones I received just had bumper feet.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Zo
Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alonzo
Guys,
I've got a question regarding setup tools. More specifically a setup board. I would think it important to make sure that the board is level, but i'm seeing some that don't have any adjustment on them (just "bumper" feet). I've ordered a couple different models of the Integy board and even though they are advertised as having spring loaded adjustable legs, the ones I received just had bumper feet.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Zo
Some setup boards have a bubble level because they use gravity based gauges.
Most setup gauges are not like this. The most important thing is flatness and durability. Everything else is icing on the cake. I actually have the integy setup board but don't even bother with the setup gauges that came with it anymore due to the fact that they are gravity based. Stick with either a Hudy or a similar knockoff.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tech9
Thanks...I really wanted to know if they fit the TC6.1 though.
Get the Reflex Racing set. I've been using them for 2 months and haven't have problems yet.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wtcc
I heard from a friend in the industry that they are working on it for several months, but never actually saw anything...
I would be in a market for one even though anything we have seen from other companies made no difference in performing better on track regarding laptimes only. AE made a huge step from TC5 to TC6. The car drives much better and is easier to handle on the limit. I am not sure if it makes sense to offer another normal chassis like everyone else (short shocks, floating servo mount, etc.). What I would like to see is a manufacturer focussing his efforts on the suspension and not on chassis flex characteristics as there is much more time gain potential hidden there...

So I am hoping for a revolution while expecting the boring standard.
Some of the AE Team guys were trying some prototype stuff at RROC last May.
Don't be surprised if the new kit uses dual crank steering. It may have a floating servo mount considering the trend and I know they were trying out some various aftermarket options. The car is in need of redesigned shock towers too. Maybe even short-hi volume shocks as well.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertottius
It's for 17.5 at Wagner. Seems like no matter where I make adjustments, the car is on ice. If you're at the track tomorrow, I'll show you.
Usually if the car is that much of a handful, there is usually a fundamental setup problem. If the droop vs ride height is bound up, you will have big problems. If you are loose off power or under braking, too much weight is being transferred to the front of the car either because the front springs are too soft or there is too much rear droop or none at all (bound up). I typically run (0) arm hangers in the upper hole all around with offset mounts all around on the front arms and just the back positions on the rear arms. Standard offset at the front of the rear arms.
Try 2* rear camber and 1.5* in the front. What tires are you using and are you saucing the tires?
Take a look at my setup on Petite RC. I have been using it all summer with great results.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Maybe even short-hi volume shocks as well.
That would suck! My hole RSD line of springs = useless
Old 09-13-2013, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jonston
doe anyone know if associated is working on a new car? or its on the back burner at the moment? im doing really well with my worlds car but I feel its bit behind, design wise with other manufacturers.
I have moved on from my TC6.1 Worlds simply because I felt I was starting to lose out due to the car not being up to other manufacturers newer models. But I still lurk about here watching to see if a new Associated car is coming and what it may have on it. It would be good if Associated would start to let a few things slip out to build up some momentum behind a new car or even that there is one coming. I know some people will say the TC6.1 is a good car and I do agree but to stay at the top you need to keep the innovation going.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scoyle
I have moved on from my TC6.1 Worlds simply because I felt I was starting to lose out due to the car not being up to other manufacturers newer models. But I still lurk about here watching to see if a new Associated car is coming and what it may have on it. It would be good if Associated would start to let a few things slip out to build up some momentum behind a new car or even that there is one coming. I know some people will say the TC6.1 is a good car and I do agree but to stay at the top you need to keep the innovation going.
One should keep in mind that releasing information too soon is bad for business.
If you have a shelf full of current product and they are still selling well... telling the public about a new model will dramatically reduce the demand for the current product. The manufacturer will then need to reduce the price just to entice the public to continue to buy the current product at a loss. You can be sure that AE will release a new car based on their development business model. It has worked well for them in the past and there is no need to change that strategy. When the new car is ready, an announcement is usually made considering that the kit is already in mass production to fill the demand, post announcement. AE is already an established manufacturer so there is really no need to create buzz. If they build it... people will buy it.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wtcc
That would suck! My hole RSD line of springs = useless
No need to panic... I'm just speculating.
From what I hear, the short shock setup may not have an advantage anyway.
Time will tell I suppose.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

jonston and scoyle, exactly where is it you think the car is loosing out??? Are you simply basing this on newness of design or kit??? My TC6.1 handles just as well or better than any of the other brands. Set-up is always the key.

Last edited by kewdawg; 09-13-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wot is this?!

http://www.cambergain.com/post/61222...6-1-with-a-two
Old 09-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I call it interesting!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

wow, nifty. Looks like an Mi5/TC6 hybrid
Old 09-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Very good! Awesome low budget idea. Cutting a topdeck in half and installing it that way. I may try that as well
Old 09-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Hmm interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.