Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I bought a few gears today. I want to try two different spur gets to see if there would a noticeable difference. I am using a 96 spur, I bought a few different pinion gears that will equal the same ratio as with the 75 spur. I plan on doing some timed sprints to compare to which will work best.
I am sure some have tried this. Any feedback would be helpful.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyD.
DO you guys use the sway bars?
Yes, on the 6.1 & 6.1WC I've used 1.1 Yellow front and 0.9 White rear sway bars on carpet tracks. When I ran TC6 on medium traction asphalt track, I removed sway bars and the car was incredibly hooked up. Something to possibly play with when practicing with setup.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyD.
DO you guys use the sway bars?
Yes. Yellow and white for low to medium bite, red and blue medium-high to high bite.

Last edited by kewdawg; 01-22-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Oops, double!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello all,

I am selling my almost new worlds kit. Please pm me for inquires!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone else tried Rick Howarts 2B roll mount and arm positions from the Roar Nats ?

I have only just moved from 21.5 Blinky to Mod, and tried them for the first time with the WC chassis at our Summernats event and loved it, you wouldnt think the car would work but it does,

I didnt have any boost set while i am learning the extra speed but the corner speed was great, and the car very easy to drive.

If you havnt tried it, give it a shot.

If you read this Rick thanks for the setup

Video of me driving like a mod novice here in the A final (dark pink/purple car the camera follows)

http://youtu.be/-jYbE8zm6pk

Beth
Old 01-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick
Has anyone else tried Rick Howarts 2B roll mount and arm positions from the Roar Nats ?

I have only just moved from 21.5 Blinky to Mod, and tried them for the first time with the WC chassis at our Summernats event and loved it, you wouldnt think the car would work but it does,

I didnt have any boost set while i am learning the extra speed but the corner speed was great, and the car very easy to drive.

If you havnt tried it, give it a shot.

If you read this Rick thanks for the setup

Video of me driving like a mod novice here in the A final (dark pink/purple car the camera follows)

http://youtu.be/-jYbE8zm6pk

Beth
The car was handling great.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the recommended diff oil for a TC6.1WC front diff.

Im having problems with the front spool outdrives. The plastic blades are too thin and break near the hole where the CVD dogbones are attached, then they screw themselves into the plastic outdrives. Very bad design IMHO.

So what wt/cst Silicone diff oils have you tried with a front diff. I race on and outdoor, fast, medium grip and bumpy asphalt track.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by El Nitro
Im having problems with the front spool outdrives. The plastic blades are too thin and break near the hole where the CVD dogbones are attached, then they screw themselves into the plastic outdrives. Very bad design IMHO.
you need to pick up a set of reflex alloy outdrives, they stop the blade from wearing as much and breaking in an accident, since putting these in i have only ever lost 1 blade (but it was a big hit and broke some ballcups as well)

For a fast flowing track i can only suggest something like ear putty in a front gear diff to take some give while still being very locked.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

So what wt/cst Silicone diff oils have you tried with a front diff. I race on and outdoor, fast, medium grip and bumpy asphalt track.

Cheers
I hate to be a smart a$$, but stop hitting stuff bro.

All joke aside, I rather keep replacing blades then a dogbone or a spool. At $3.00 for a bag of blades, that design makes sense to me....
Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cheers
I am running 300k which is about as loose as you would want to go at EPR. If you like, I can loan you my front diff to give you an idea of what it's like. I will be running a slipper spool this Friday, so i won't be needing it.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Terry,

Ill try your diff on Friday.

Im about to order a diff so will order some 300000. (maybe 500000 too)

One of the experienced guys at EPR recommended 500000, but thought that may be a bit much for an EP diff. Just guessing though as the Mugens run 300000 in their front diff.

You say 300000 is as loose as you would recommend. Would 500000 be better, have you tried it.

What slipper spool are you using.

See you Friday.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Cheers
I switched to a slipper spool for this exact reason. Handles just like a regular spool, but has some give if you crash. I haven't broken a blade since I put it in, except one time when I tore the C-hub and steering Knuckle off, but that was a very bad high speed crash.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Terry,

Ill try your diff on Friday.

Im about to order a diff so will order some 300000. (maybe 500000 too)

One of the experienced guys at EPR recommended 500000, but thought that may be a bit much for an EP diff. Just guessing though as the Mugens run 300000 in their front diff.

You say 300000 is as loose as you would recommend. Would 500000 be better, have you tried it.

What slipper spool are you using.

See you Friday.

Cheers
Those numbers are about right. Actually, racers have started using 500,000 to1,000,000
Wt. oil for carpet racing. Going to do some testing with the million front diff next week. Stay tuned. I have a really good low-grip carpet set-up with a spool, that, I'm going to post shortly.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by kewdawg; 01-25-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: double post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.