Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm getting ready to do my first TC race with my new TC 6.1 WC this Friday night. I have a Brushless Hobbies 80A ESC in my car. So far, I really like the ESC. It's nice and smooth and works great. The fan is somewhat noisy, but it doesn't bother me. We are running foam tires on carpet. I am running 17.5 in blinky mode. Still, I'm curious about some basic ESC settings to start with. Drag brake and brake force are my main ones. Currently, I have it set to 100% brake force and 0% drag brake. How about punch? I just left it at the default setting for punch.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Help

Last weekend I have a big problem with setup in TC6; the problem is the most powerfull grip in the track, technical and small.
My car in the corners rolled away and I can not push for consistant lap time and for total race.
Here my set up
For additive I used CS High grip 20' in the rear 10' in front for the first race, then 10' in front e rear, and for last 5' in front e rear but without any best condition.
After I used LRP Carpet 2 with best result but the car are again difficult to drive without mistake.
I changed droop to 6.5 a 6 in the front and to 5.5 a 5 in the rear; lower shocks front and rear but I do not changed the arm mount for the available limited time in the qualification and final.
I have finished 9 in the "A" Final but I am not satisfied for my performance and for the work done on the car.
Any advice for me?
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-x.jpg  
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Are you saucing the the whole front tire? I usually sauce 1/2 to 3/4 of the front depending on conditions.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20967
Last weekend I have a big problem with setup in TC6; the problem is the most powerfull grip in the track, technical and small.
My car in the corners rolled away and I can not push for consistant lap time and for total race.
Here my set up
For additive I used CS High grip 20' in the rear 10' in front for the first race, then 10' in front e rear, and for last 5' in front e rear but without any best condition.
After I used LRP Carpet 2 with best result but the car are again difficult to drive without mistake.
I changed droop to 6.5 a 6 in the front and to 5.5 a 5 in the rear; lower shocks front and rear but I do not changed the arm mount for the available limited time in the qualification and final.
I have finished 9 in the "A" Final but I am not satisfied for my performance and for the work done on the car.
Any advice for me?
After looking at your setup these are the things I noticed.
1) lower your ride height a little.
2) reduce droop front and rear
3) use softer springs, this will reduce response and allow the car to roll more.
I'm not familiar with the shock pistons you are using but you want less "pack" so either larger piston holes or lower rate oil.
If you are traction rolling at corner entry, you want a slightly higher roll center in the front vs the rear.

These suggestions come directly from the RC Workbench app. This has helped me so much.

I hope this helps you as well.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20967
Here my set up
Any advice for me?
Less front additive would help in fine tuning but looking at your setup I think the car is too narrow especially in the front.

In the front I would run the offset mounts with a 1mm shim which will be an increase of 1.5mm per side over what you run now. You may even want to go wider. Leave the rear as is and widen in .5mm increment so help improve rotation in the center of the turn.

I don't recognize the body you use. It may or may not be the best option but for certain run a lightweight version.

Lower your ride height if the track is smooth enough.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Are you saucing the the whole front tire? I usually sauce 1/2 to 3/4 of the front depending on conditions.
Originally Posted by YoDog
After looking at your setup these are the things I noticed.
1) lower your ride height a little.
2) reduce droop front and rear
3) use softer springs, this will reduce response and allow the car to roll more.
I'm not familiar with the shock pistons you are using but you want less "pack" so either larger piston holes or lower rate oil.
If you are traction rolling at corner entry, you want a slightly higher roll center in the front vs the rear.

These suggestions come directly from the RC Workbench app. This has helped me so much.

I hope this helps you as well.
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Less front additive would help in fine tuning but looking at your setup I think the car is too narrow especially in the front.

In the front I would run the offset mounts with a 1mm shim which will be an increase of 1.5mm per side over what you run now. You may even want to go wider. Leave the rear as is and widen in .5mm increment so help improve rotation in the center of the turn.

I don't recognize the body you use. It may or may not be the best option but for certain run a lightweight version.

Thanks for your help guys.

Enrico
Old 11-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Oh yeah, I noticed that the front was a bit narrow but forgot to add that to the list. Nice catch Rick!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a bleeder style cap that fit the TC6 shocks? Or do we have to switch to a different shock all together? Thanks.

Bill.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

The easiest thing to do is to just drill a hole? It's not that hard.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dennisV
The easiest thing to do is to just drill a hole? It's not that hard.
I think he means a bleeder style cap to bleed the oil and not the way we mod the caps to allow the bladder to move by letting the air in and out.

Some people like bleeder caps with the hole on the side of the cap. I find that those will still allow too much oil to remain in the shock.

After drilling the <1mm hole I find the shock to work extremely smooth with zero rebound and good damping all around.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
I think he means a bleeder style cap to bleed the oil and not the way we mod the caps to allow the bladder to move by letting the air in and out.
Correct. I'd like to try an emulsion setup like all the cool kids are doing. Everything old is new again!

Bill D.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 PM
rMa
Tech Rookie

There was some discussion about emulsion style shocks two months ago:

I wanted to try emulsion style shocks (no bladder, air mixes with oil) and the easiest way to do this is to use older TC5 shocks that have the same thread as the off-road shocks. This way I could install the off-road shock caps with the bleeder screw.

Some drivers have tried to turn the standard TC6 shocks in emulsion style but the reliability has not been good. The TC5 shock is the easiest way to test the concept.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'm looking for HPI silver springs.

Everyone running whatever TC platform are raving on about them, but can't seem to find anything online that definitively say "HPI Silver Springs".

The closest thing i found is this...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...gs-Gray-Soft-4
Old 11-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

I did my first touring car race tonight! It was also the first time I've been able to drive my car. We have snow on the ground here so, I haven't been able to really run it. I was running late. By the time I got set up, it was time to race. The first time I ever drove my car, was in the first race. I came in dead last. Same with the second race. I made some adjustments to my shocks and had some time to practice before the main. I finally got it set up a lot better and took third in the C main. HA! These things are a blast to drive! I'm hooked now!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Forgetful_Duck
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'm looking for HPI silver springs.

Everyone running whatever TC platform are raving on about them, but can't seem to find anything online that definitively say "HPI Silver Springs".

The closest thing i found is this...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...gs-Gray-Soft-4
People are refering to the hpi pro4 springs. 75175 is the full set. 6543 I think is silver.

But for a tc6, I'd just go with the reflex racing ones.

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.