Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximuspowell
can any of you guys tell me what size the 2 bearings are inside of the Associated ball diff 31336? Lost one and have to order another.
Part#31400. 5x8mm

The same bearings are in the TC5 diffs.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default My new Toy

This is my first TC and must say it exceeds my expectations. I have only run it in the street so far, but this car is a blast! Can't wait to try it out on a road track. I really enjoyed the build and painting the TC body. Thought I would share a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-img_3446a.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-img_3458a.jpg  
Old 11-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Nice job on the paint. Sure wish I could paint like that.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RussF
Thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RussF
+1
Old 11-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where is a good place to start for my gear ratio? My car came with a 48P/87T spur gear. I am going to be running 17.5 blinky mode, indoors on carpet. We use 26mm foam tires all the way around the car. My motor is currently a Turnigy Track Star 17.5. ESC is a 60A Turnigy Track Star. I just ordered a Brushless Hobbies LT4 80A ESC to give that a try. I have no issues changing out the spur gear. I just need to figure out where a good place is to start my gear ratio and I can probably figure out the gearing from there. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
Where is a good place to start for my gear ratio? My car came with a 48P/87T spur gear. I am going to be running 17.5 blinky mode, indoors on carpet. We use 26mm foam tires all the way around the car. My motor is currently a Turnigy Track Star 17.5. ESC is a 60A Turnigy Track Star. I just ordered a Brushless Hobbies LT4 80A ESC to give that a try. I have no issues changing out the spur gear. I just need to figure out where a good place is to start my gear ratio and I can probably figure out the gearing from there. Thanks!
4.0 is a good starting point. 96 spur, 48p in 64 pitch. Or 72 spur, 36 pinion in 48p.

-Mike
Old 11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KC10Chief
I asked the same question and was given alot of good info. Read pages 520 and 521 of this thread. I found the info very helpful. I went with the 72t spur and 48p pinions since I already have several a little less prone to small rock damage in parking lots while I get use to the TC. Once racing I may switch to 64p gears. Enjoy
Old 11-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've changed nothing on my setup & not crashed but now my car when accelerating into/out of RIGHT hand turns spins out like its on ice... the rear whips around uncontrollably. Turning left it holds great. What could be wrong?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mysterious
I've changed nothing on my setup & not crashed but now my car when accelerating into/out of RIGHT hand turns spins out like its on ice... the rear whips around uncontrollably. Turning left it holds great. What could be wrong?
Shaft or front blade broken ?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

my tc6.1 arrived yesterday. I cannot properly build the gear diff.
I did everything by the book. On one side: outdrive, small washer, big oring, small oring, diff box, large washer, pin, sun gear, 4 gears and 4 washers on the cross pins, gasket. On the other side: outdrive, small washer, big oring, small oring, diff lid, large washer, pin, sun gear.
The problem comes when i close the diff and tight the 4 screws. It is not 100% sealed. Only the parts close to the screws. The plastic of the diff box among the screws is a bit open (warped) and let some fluid out.

I thought the gasket was not properly inserted into the groove, so i disassembled the diff, checked the gasket, closed the diff, but nothing changed.

I opened the diff again and removed some fluid, trying to reduce pressure, but nothing changed.

Any advice?

Mattia.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aittam
Hi,

my tc6.1 arrived yesterday. I cannot properly build the gear diff.
I did everything by the book. On one side: outdrive, small washer, big oring, small oring, diff box, large washer, pin, sun gear, 4 gears and 4 washers on the cross pins, gasket. On the other side: outdrive, small washer, big oring, small oring, diff lid, large washer, pin, sun gear.
The problem comes when i close the diff and tight the 4 screws. It is not 100% sealed. Only the parts close to the screws. The plastic of the diff box among the screws is a bit open (warped) and let some fluid out.

I thought the gasket was not properly inserted into the groove, so i disassembled the diff, checked the gasket, closed the diff, but nothing changed.

I opened the diff again and removed some fluid, trying to reduce pressure, but nothing changed.

Any advice?

Mattia.
How full is the diff? Are you putting the screws in a star pattern and tightening each one a little at a time so it seats evenly?

Are the flats of the diff pins mating? Did you put the diff pins and gears in the right slots?

Pictures might help.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
How full is the diff? Are you putting the screws in a star pattern and tightening each one a little at a time so it seats evenly?

Are the flats of the diff pins mating? Did you put the diff pins and gears in the right slots?

Pictures might help.
Hi,

the first time i filled the diff till the cross pins were all covered. Then i removed some oil and now the oil level reaches the flat part of the lower cross pin.

I close the diff lid tightening the screws in a star pattern.

The flats of the cross pins match.

What do you mean with "Did you put the diff pins and gears in the right slots?"?

I put the cross pins the highlighted slots. Do the slots have different heights?

Mattia.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aittam
Hi,

the first time i filled the diff till the cross pins were all covered. Then i removed some oil and now the oil level reaches the flat part of the lower cross pin.

I close the diff lid tightening the screws in a star pattern.

The flats of the cross pins match.

What do you mean with "Did you put the diff pins and gears in the right slots?"?

I put the cross pins the highlighted slots. Do the slots have different heights?

Mattia.
I think you have everything right then, I was just going through "duh" stuff. Have you tried emptying the diff halves and putting them on a flat surface to see if they are warped or something?
Old 11-07-2012, 03:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

does anybody know what springs are included in the TC6.1 FT kit not the WC.
I think the manual is not correct with green / silver - all look the same only blank silver.
It seems they are a bit soft on my indoor carpet track.
Do you recomment to order the spring set AE offers - to play arround
http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...88/3988_md.jpg

or is there a better spring set that fits from X-Ray or any other vendor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.