Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1o7x9
do you guys have part numbers off every think I need to make the HB DCJs work. Our any double join cvds. I feel like my car would be little faster with this upgrade. Thank you
HBS67699 - Dcj Drive Shaft Set
B031 - Bearings
73507 - Crushtube
Z852 - Shim
Z264 - Pin
HB70742 - Hex hubs

All from Amainhobbies.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Finally received and build my 6.1 last night. First I was a little concered about missing parts because the two seals on the left & right of the Box have been broken ?????? The middle seal was still in place.

However, building was easy, all parts in the Box. No problem with play or wobbling parts, everything fits nice and tight.

On the Starting Setup I used pretty much the "Standard" Setup with some modifications on the shocks and 3A Mounts all around.

Question - Looking at Juhos and Kevens latest Setup sheets they use for the Front - FWD Mount Shim 3,5mm Rwd Mount Shim 3,0mm.
There is no Indication which Mouts are used, Standard or Offset ?
By the values I would think they use the Standard Mounts ?
For me, using the Offset Mouts that would mean add a 1mm him in Front and 05 Rear ?

Running Modified Speed passion 4,5T ,LRP CPX Tires, Yokomo Pink/Blue/ modified (V-shape) 3-hole pistons on our High Grip, technical but still fast, permanent Indoor Carpet Racetrack I was absolutely happy with the performance. Car felt absolutely "Safe" with lots of steering.

Only ran it two packs since it was very late in the evening, but the Setup is a good start to work from. Will play around a little bit before I throw in my RSD parts from my TC 6. Especially the springs from RSD worked really good for me, even a little better than the Yokomos.

Will try the HPI DCJ Shafts as well since with the new spool there is quite some chatter on full steering. Yes, we use max steering on our high grip carpet Hairpins

Gear Diff in Front with 500k "Oil" is on the ToDo list as well . However, on our Tight Track I always felt more comfortable with the Spool/Slipper.

Can't wait to get back on Track again
Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Finally received and build my 6.1 last night. First I was a little concered about missing parts because the two seals on the left & right of the Box have been broken ?????? The middle seal was still in place.

However, building was easy, all parts in the Box. No problem with play or wobbling parts, everything fits nice and tight.

On the Starting Setup I used pretty much the "Standard" Setup with some modifications on the shocks and 3A Mounts all around.

Question - Looking at Juhos and Kevens latest Setup sheets they use for the Front - FWD Mount Shim 3,5mm Rwd Mount Shim 3,0mm.
There is no Indication which Mounts are used, Standard or Offset ?
By the values I would think they use the Standard Mounts ?
For me, using the Offset Mounts that would mean add a 1mm shim in Front and 05 Rear ?

Running Modified Speed passion 4,5T ,LRP CPX Tires, Yokomo Pink/Blue/ modified (V-shape) 3-hole pistons on our High Grip, technical but still fast, permanent Indoor Carpet Racetrack I was absolutely happy with the performance. Car felt absolutely "Safe" with lots of steering.

Only ran it two packs since it was very late in the evening, but the Setup is a good start to work from. Will play around a little bit before I throw in my RSD parts from my TC 6. Especially the springs from RSD worked really good for me, even a little better than the Yokomos.

Will try the HPI DCJ Shafts as well since with the new spool there is quite some chatter on full steering. Yes, we use max steering on our high grip carpet Hairpins

Gear Diff in Front with 500k "Oil" is on the ToDo list as well . However, on our Tight Track I always felt more comfortable with the Spool/Slipper.

Can't wait to get back on Track again
Old 12-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cwoods34
Always glad to help! A shorter link and/or higher arm blocks also makes the car feel twitchy or as if it reacts faster....... you can have a car load a tire too fast and also lose grip (usually only extreme setups) If you are an on/off switch with your steering wheel, you may want a bit more roll and possibly slightly softer springs so that you don't overwhelm the tires easily. The best fix for this, however, is learning to steer smoothly
Your tips are very valuable, I will keep that in mind and I set up my car, thanks so much
Old 12-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Looking into buying my first on road TC and have decided to go with the TC6.1!

I have built quite a few competition off road truggies and buggies before but never an on road kit... Any tips you guys can possibly give me?

Any certain tools or upgrade parts I should invest in before hand to make it easier?

Should I purchase AE Green slime for the O rings in the shocks?

Any other tips I would greatly appreciate!

Thanks in advance
Old 12-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
HBS67699 - Dcj Drive Shaft Set
B031 - Bearings
73507 - Crushtube
Z852 - Shim
Z264 - Pin
HB70742 - Hex hubs

All from Amainhobbies.
Thanks for the parts #
Old 12-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan28
Looking into buying my first on road TC and have decided to go with the TC6.1!

I have built quite a few competition off road truggies and buggies before but never an on road kit... Any tips you guys can possibly give me?

Any certain tools or upgrade parts I should invest in before hand to make it easier?

Should I purchase AE Green slime for the O rings in the shocks?

Any other tips I would greatly appreciate!

Thanks in advance
The kit goes together quite well. The stock shock o-rings work fine for me (I've never replaced them). The biggest favor you can do to the shocks is purchase Reflex bladders and pistons!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

+1 on the Reflex Racing stuff... top notch.

As for the AE green slime stuff... i dunno... but I use it on all my shocks... on-road and off-road... but that's me.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Anyone know if c hubs from a tc6 will fit a tc6.1.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

They sure do fit i'm running the 6 degree c-hubs from the first tc6
Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cwoods34
The kit goes together quite well. The stock shock o-rings work fine for me (I've never replaced them). The biggest favor you can do to the shocks is purchase Reflex bladders and pistons!
Would you be able to explain what the differences are? Maybe give me some links to the products and advantages over the stock kit ones?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dan28
Would you be able to explain what the differences are? Maybe give me some links to the products and advantages over the stock kit ones?

Thanks
http://www.reflexracing.net/110th-Touring_c_1.html

Check Reflex thread, Cristian stuff is excellent, springs are smoother, bladders makes shock easier to fill and set, Piston make for a more consistent dampening apparently (I do not use them yet, have Losi's in mine) new fan mount is innovative and light and new DCJ to come in the new year.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olly986
http://www.reflexracing.net/110th-Touring_c_1.html

Check Reflex thread, Cristian stuff is excellent, springs are smoother, bladders makes shock easier to fill and set, Piston make for a more consistent dampening apparently (I do not use them yet, have Losi's in mine) new fan mount is innovative and light and new DCJ to come in the new year.
The Losi pistons also work well, but it's their ONLY product I'll say that about

I'll recommend the camber mounts, too. They look badass, and the "infinite" adjustability of the camber change and roll center is a great tuning aid.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

To add on the RSD bulkhead caps, the short RSD position is slightly longer than the inner row of holes on the tower, so it is a good in between option, particularly on the front.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

My M3x8 screw from the bottom that conects the C hub to the steering block always gets loose. How to fix it? I lost screws on both sides at once. I have changed my steering blocks too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.