Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain stacker
I have never seen so much slop in a touring car.

So I changed to a new arm and Chub, and its still sloppy.

The bores for the front arms are just too big for the hinge pin.

I might just need to drill a hole in the Chub and use a set screw to hold the hinge pin, hopefully it will get rid of the slop.
Check the diameter of the hinge pins. I had the same issue and it turned out one of the outer hinge pins was smaller than the other. The correct one was 2.48mm and the other was 2.28mm. That was the fifth and final problem I found with the kit when building it. QC at ae must not exist. Lol.

Last edited by VAzRACER; 04-27-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by VAzRACER
Check the diameter of the hinge pins. I had the same issue and it turned out one of the outer hinge pins was smaller than the other. The correct one was 2.48mm and the other was 2.28mm. That was the fifth and final problem I found with the kit when building it. QC at ae must not exist. Lol.
thanks, that really sucks haha, dont have a caliper handy right now, but will change over the left right hinge pins to see if it is the hinge pins, never thought of one would be thinner than the other.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

thanks, that really sucks haha, dont have a caliper handy right now, but will change over the left right hinge pins to see if it is the hinge pins, never thought of one would be thinner than the other.
Yes, you are right!

one hinge pin is thinner than the other, so I will need to order some new hinge pins now.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, you are right!

one hinge pin is thinner than the other, so I will need to order some new hinge pins now.

Thanks!
That's happened to me too - I need to order new part to replace it.
So I am not the only one ....
Old 04-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Call (do not email) Associated. They will take care of you. I had the same issue with missing/damaged/wrong size screws. Write down the part numbers and let the CSR know what your issue is. I had new parts in 2 days to my house.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Had a good long day out on Saturday at Four Seasons in Olympia. Traction was just coming up but the TC6 was holding very well considering conditions.

Only changes I made were steering bellcrank at 7B instead of 7A, Losi #57 shock pistons (3 hole), springs AE silver, silver, 60 wt oil in front and 40 in rear.

Nothing HPI on mine, the AE springs are fine IMO. If you look at the "Olly" setup which is similar those changes I listed were run by him as well.
Thanks for the input. Are you making it out this Saturday to 4S?
Old 04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big al
Thanks for the input. Are you making it out this Saturday to 4S?
Do they have a snow plow to go with the sprayers?? It's snowing here for crying out loud! I will watch the weather and if it's decent Saturday I will be there, otherwise I'll go to Fantacy World on Sunday.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Hi guys,
Just wondering if there are aluminium hubs available for the tc6?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

You guys are lucky. All 4 of my outer hinge pins are 2.2-2.3mm.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just got home to find my TC6 waiting for me; but with all this talk of QC @ AE dropping the ball....I'm afraid to look in the box now
Old 04-28-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro rat
Hi guys,
Just wondering if there are aluminium hubs available for the tc6?
As it was posted one page before:
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_TC5...rBlockSet.html
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

After going over the car after first full day out I noticed what others have mentioned. The arm mount blocks pivoted some and all 4 arms that started the day with zero slop, finished with more then I care for. Didn't hit much either so something needs to change there.

Considering building alum. arm mount blocks that have an outside set screw that would lock the pin. This would eliminate all pin slop and put an end to block pivot issue.

Anyone else found resolution to this? I suppose eliminating the shim washers would help some by increasing block seat contact. Another option is to find small serrated washers that bite in enough to eliminate pivot.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
After going over the car after first full day out I noticed what others have mentioned. The arm mount blocks pivoted some and all 4 arms that started the day with zero slop, finished with more then I care for. Didn't hit much either so something needs to change there.

Considering building alum. arm mount blocks that have an outside set screw that would lock the pin. This would eliminate all pin slop and put an end to block pivot issue.

Anyone else found resolution to this? I suppose eliminating the shim washers would help some by increasing block seat contact. Another option is to find small serrated washers that bite in enough to eliminate pivot.
i was trying to find hinge pins that are longer and drill the mounts so the pin sticks out slightly from end to end and use a set screw to hold them in place this will cause the mounts to stay in place,i will post that pic later with the hot bodies set up
Old 04-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
i was trying to find hinge pins that are longer and drill the mounts so the pin sticks out slightly from end to end and use a set screw to hold them in place this will cause the mounts to stay in place,i will post that pic later with the hot bodies set up
Cool, thanks Warren. Went ahead and ordered some of their universals to compare to the Xray and Spec-R's. For now I have some Xray C hubs fitted up that I can test any of the 3 options with. I prefer to not bore the hard coating from the outdrives though so the Hot bodies have the edge there.

Your idea to drill out and extend is "on track", but I dont think there is enough wall thickness in the plastic pin block to hold the set screw reliably.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hmmmm, mounts that grab the hingepin with a grubscrew. That is a brilliant idea!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.