Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SXX Comp and TC Version 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i also had some cogging issues with my v2,i was told that its really sensitive to settings.works awesome now once its dialed in!anyways i run stock class so im looking for a stock spec esc,if anyone is looking for a 2 race old v2 tc spec send me a pm,its almost brand new with everthing it came with,only ran with a 17.5
Old 11-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is there any difference between the SXX stock spec, SXX version 2, and the absolute zero timing spec version when the stock spec and/or version two are place in mode 1 (blinking light, zero boost)?

Specifically; We have local racers complaining that because the SXX version 2 is not on the ROAR approved list for spec, zero timing racing... yet it has a blinking light zero timing mode...

Sean your input would be great, thanks.

-Peter Robinson
Old 11-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Is there any difference between the SXX stock spec, SXX version 2, and the absolute zero timing spec version when the stock spec and/or version two are place in mode 1 (blinking light, zero boost)?

Specifically; We have local racers complaining that because the SXX version 2 is not on the ROAR approved list for spec, zero timing racing... yet it has a blinking light zero timing mode...

-Peter Robinson
Sean or Reto,

I Race with Pete, I am in the same boat here. Thanks for your response.

Steve
Old 11-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Pete and Steve, if you take a walk around the pits at the next race, (wednesday) you will see several non roar approved esc's. Todd and company have "grandfathered" these NON ZERO TIMING ESC's in and the racer is asked, (although never checked) to run the esc in the lowest punch level possible, (as Korey is doing). I'm not sure why following 'THIER' rules has brought any complaining, I have personally been told that the SXX v2 with spec profile and blinking light would be ok to run by the powers that be. The Grandfathering is not just for 1/12 scale but all the classes.

also if i understand right, there will be a downloadable update for the Sxx comp v2 that will give it more gitty up when run in the 'timing classes' hopefully this is correct.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson

-Peter Robinson
It is being added to the list now. ROAR has the info so just waiting for them to add those on.

If you are in the blinking light mode it will be in full compliance with the rules.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
It is being added to the list now. ROAR has the info so just waiting for them to add those on.

If you are in the blinking light mode it will be in full compliance with the rules.
Thanks Sean.

Steve
Old 11-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran

Figured this was the case, but nevertheless thanks for letting us all know.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I really enjoy the idea of not having to use a booster or RX pack. So I want to give LRP a shot. So I have a few questions before I purchase.

As I look at Amains site, there are two version 2's listed.

LRP SXX TC-Spec "Version 2" Competition Brushless ESC
LRP SXX "Version 2" Competition Brushless ESC

Is the only difference the heat sink and the motor limit?

are both of these ESC's competitive in "spec ramping" classes? Do they both have 0 ramping profiles for sportsman?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
I really enjoy the idea of not having to use a booster or RX pack. So I want to give LRP a shot. So I have a few questions before I purchase.

As I look at Amains site, there are two version 2's listed.

LRP SXX TC-Spec "Version 2" Competition Brushless ESC
LRP SXX "Version 2" Competition Brushless ESC

Is the only difference the heat sink and the motor limit?

are both of these ESC's competitive in "spec ramping" classes? Do they both have 0 ramping profiles for sportsman?

Thanks
No.
You want the SXXSS for "spec ramping"
The others are designed for mod racing
Old 11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Dead SXX Comp V2

On Saturday 11/27 I finally was able to get out and race using my new LRP SXX Comp. V2 controller. I was good for the first two runs out. About a minute into the third run heading down the long back stretch the car died. No throttle, no steering. I took the car off the track. Thinking I had forgotten to charge it between runs I charged it up. In about 30 seconds the charger said the battery was fully charged. I plugged the battery in and the blue light on the ESC did not light up and the receiver does not respond. Tonight I checked the battery voltage is 4.08, voltage on the leads from the battery is 4.08 volts and where the wires attach to the back of the ESC is 4.08 volts, so adequate voltage is getting to the ESC.

The settings on the ESC have only minor changes. I set the first parameter for a 1s battery and the fourth parameter to the lowest setting for drag brake. Feel and boost are at the factory original settings.

Motor is a Vector X12 13.5T, roll out is 52.

When the car came off the track for all the runs the motor was only slightly warm to touch.

Just venting 'cause I have to send it back.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

bump
Old 12-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Low speed cogging

Over the weekend I was able to try out the SXX TC Spec V2 and a 5.0 Octawind in Mod TC with #4 timing insert(already inserted from factory). The speedo was set to 3 for feel and boost. I noticed at low speed there was some slight cogging, but not enough to upset the car overall. I replaced the sensor wire and made sure solder joints were good, but still slightly cogging. Any ideas on how to fix this\things to try?
Old 12-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys,

who do you contact about getting one of these replaced? ive got an sxx tc v2 that shuts down after 30 seconds of running. thought it was the lipo cut off so i tried running without it and the problem is still there.

cheers

ben
Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

just ran mine this past weekend running Mod 5.0 TC. No issues at all, everything works as expected. Ran... 0-2-4-6, 0-1-4-7, 0-1-3-8

Must have put at least 170+ laps in over the weekend with no issues.

I would check the ALL the wiring, make sure that the sensor cable is good and is fit in correctly and snug on the back of the ESC and the motor side. I would also reprogram / set the ESC to your transmitter.

After that, if something is not working, contact AE and they will help you out.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cribbin
hey guys,

who do you contact about getting one of these replaced? ive got an sxx tc v2 that shuts down after 30 seconds of running. thought it was the lipo cut off so i tried running without it and the problem is still there.

cheers

ben

Ben,

Sent my LRP back to germany in september still waiting for it to arrive back..

Was told more than once it has been sent

Gave up purchased something else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.