Search

SXX Comp and TC Version 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimjav
Hi everyone,

I have just bought a used Nosram Pearl evolution V2 that came with the firmware 3.0. I am looking for the manual of this firmware as the programs are quite different from the manual that I have found in Nosram website.

I'm also sufering a problem, the esc stops after 5 or 6 laps, the motor and the esc are cool, around 35ºC, ambient is around 10ºC. I can move the steering, but the motor doesn't work. In the esc the red and blue light are alternative on. What is happening?

Kind regards

Javier

ps: motor corally red series 9.5T; ratio 6.67;big TC track
red and blue lights indicates motor thermal.... maybe you should try a different sensor lead, or motor as a start point.

I think if you down load the firmware you should get the manual as part of the zip file.

Good luck.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling
red and blue lights indicates motor thermal.... maybe you should try a different sensor lead, or motor as a start point.

I think if you down load the firmware you should get the manual as part of the zip file.

Good luck.
Hey mark, congrats on the weekend, I assumed you used the new 4.0 firmware, what were your findings?
Old 03-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva
Hey mark, congrats on the weekend, I assumed you used the new 4.0 firmware, what were your findings?
Thanks Cristian, Yup was running V4 software. Settings were 1,1,1 and 3 (I think). Everything was running really cool and I found that I had to gear up from 22,4mm to 25,1 for round 6 and the finals. Power on was smooth and consistent, nice breaks, all up I'm a fan
Old 03-19-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling

Good luck.
So many thanks, in the lrp web I have found the manual, but in the nosram one, you only download the .nsm2 file.

I change the sensor lead and it was no difference. Ok, i will try the expensive option, buying another motor.

Cheers

javier
Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can you update the nosram esc with the LRP bridge?

I have updated the LRP fine just can't connect to the nosram esc

Anyone done it?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1badgoat
Just tried un pluging the servo and it still cogs.
i think it is a bad sensor board on the motor. Change the motor and see if it works.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Can you update the nosram esc with the LRP bridge?

I have updated the LRP fine just can't connect to the nosram esc

Anyone done it?
Yes you can.
I'd updated my old one with it.
Cheers.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Can someone help me out. I have bought a SXX but didn't get the stock version by mistake as i run 13.5.

Is there actually any difference?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stuartb
Can someone help me out. I have bought a SXX but didn't get the stock version by mistake as i run 13.5.

The Stock Spec has more aggressive throttle and boost profiles that will be better for 13.5.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stuartb

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
The Stock Spec has more aggressive throttle and boost profiles that will be better for 13.5.
I got the SXX Comp V2 as well but I'm currently just using it for 1s non-boosted. If I want to get more aggressive boost profiles, can I get it from changing the firmware using the LRP bridge?
Old 03-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The nosram V1 can't be updated same as the hardware and software is different.
Ive been reading
Old 03-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This weekend I tried some changes with my Nosram pearl evolution 2, I remove the lipo cut-off and everything started to work, I can finish 7 min runs without problems, but I am not happy running without the cut-off. Has anyone suffered the same problem??

Regards

javier
Old 03-26-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Can somebody share their ESC set up, using TC Spec V2 and X12 4.ot motor (not octawind ) in a TC car?

One more thing, mine has not been updated to v4 firmware, whenever I set 'FEEL' to below value 5, it looks like its limiting the the top speed, does 'FEEL' value affect top speed too?

What are the differences from the out of the box firmware compare to the updated v4 firmware. My friend told me instead of having 10 value steps the updated one has only 6 value steps. Is this better?
Old 03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Can somebody share their ESC set up, using TC Spec V2 and X12 4.ot motor (not octawind ) in a TC car?

One more thing, mine has not been updated to v4 firmware, whenever I set 'FEEL' to below value 5, it looks like its limiting the the top speed, does 'FEEL' value affect top speed too?

What are the differences from the out of the box firmware compare to the updated v4 firmware. My friend told me instead of having 10 value steps the updated one has only 6 value steps. Is this better?

Out of the box most LRP's are sent with version 1.5.. this as you say has 10 profiles for feel

Feel has torque limiting profiles under 1.5 and 4 which are designed for x12 motors.

Personally version 4 is much better feel and brakes, would advice on the upgrade

Once on version 4 8FDR with a 4t feel 2 (45% torque Timing) and boost 2 (29%) which should be more than enough

If you move to Boost 3 that is 33% boost and to be honest my car becomes un drivable just has way to much power specially a none OCTA motor

This is a starting point shall be different depending on the track
Old 03-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
Out of the box most LRP's are sent with version 1.5.. this as you say has 10 profiles for feel

Feel has torque limiting profiles under 1.5 and 4 which are designed for x12 motors.

Personally version 4 is much better feel and brakes, would advice on the upgrade

Once on version 4 8FDR with a 4t feel 2 (45% torque Timing) and boost 2 (29%) which should be more than enough

If you move to Boost 3 that is 33% boost and to be honest my car becomes un drivable just has way to much power specially a none OCTA motor

This is a starting point shall be different depending on the track
Thanks for the info Mr Tyson.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.