Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, I've looked there too. They don't list any.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmurf03
Thanks, I've looked there too. They don't list any.

http://teamlosi.com/Products/Related...arts%20Listing

that is the parts list for the XXXS. All of the bearings will be available through Horizon regardless of a pic being avaiable. Just scroll down and get the part number form the losi parts list.

BTW= Most, if not all of the bearings carry over to the JRXS.

Keith

I Think youll need the following (think, could be wrong) Its been a while since I have had one of these cars..

2= LOSA6910 (2 per pk)
10= LOSA6907 (dont know how many per pack)
2= LOSA6916 (idler pully bearings- i think=== youll need two.)
Old 05-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Keith, I had gone to the Losi site but didn't find them. I guess I was looking for them to be in a set. Thanks for straightening me out.
See ya
Old 05-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

As it turns out you can't order from the Losi site. No problem, I ordered a set from one of the Ebay vendors. I didn't want to order from Hong Kong, but there is a Canadian site I'll give a try.

Thanks again.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Keith, I had gone to the Losi site but didn't find them. I guess I was looking for them to be in a set. Thanks for straightening me out.
See ya
no, you cant order direct from Losi. You can take those part numbers to Horizon or your LHS and they will set you up.

NP.. i dont think they come in a set. OEM is good stuff, my JRXS is still free as can be and its going on 6 months old.

Acer has been around a long time. I cant speak for their quality as I have always used oem stuff..... but im sure youll get a good product should you go that route. Eye candy in ads is not a testimony of product.. but more of somthing to keep the name in your head. You wont forget acer now.. so their marketing obviously works

Keith
Old 05-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

I posted b4 you. You're right, I wont' forget Acer but I won't support them. That's a whole different issue. But I have to draw the line somewhere.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

I posted b4 you. You're right, I wont' forget Acer but I won't support them. That's a whole different issue. But I have to draw the line somewhere.
See good marketing. Why wont you support them? Seems like too much effort and thought to be worth it. I mean, in a sense=== that they have what you need and can easily contacted... and to blatently make effort to buy somewhere else where youll have to search and research.... just because they have a girl in a swim suit... or somthing to that effect.. seems extreme.

Ebay bearings work fine too.. now that I think of it.. i think i bought some once..

Just a point of view. No offense intended..
Old 05-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Can anyone tell me where to buy bearings for the xxx-s. Sold my jrxs and went back to my xxx-s. It's still the easiest car for me, but I can't find any new bearings. Thanks
Don't forget BOCA BEARINGS in FL. you have a BIGGER selection there than ACER and you can get a whole set for the XXX-S. They have metal sheilded, rubber seals ceramics, economy ceramics now or hybrids as there called. Try Bocabearings.com or do a search for them in your browser if that doesn't work. I think the Acer bearing are ok too though, but I didn't buy ceramics since I have a tendency to hit things or be hit.

HTH
Old 05-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcjunk-yard
Don't forget BOCA BEARINGS in FL. you have a BIGGER selection there than ACER and you can get a whole set for the XXX-S. They have metal sheilded, rubber seals ceramics, economy ceramics now or hybrids as there called. Try Bocabearings.com or do a search for them in your browser if that doesn't work. I think the Acer bearing are ok too though, but I didn't buy ceramics since I have a tendency to hit things or be hit.

HTH
I think I have brand new Boca Ceramic bearings for the outdrive and wheel bearings and layshaft of a JRXS. if they are the same size as on the xxxs-I will be happy to sell them at a killer price. Let me know via PM.

Also-I ran HOdges Reedy ROC set-up today on brusghed concrete with 138g's and CS27's (NO traction additive on concrete, a bit dirty) and car felt awesome. I dot know how mnay race on concrete, but the ROC set-up is AWESOME to start with.
Only chnage was blue rear springs instead of green.

Ray
Old 05-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

New to Losi family.......just got 1 very cheap with tons of parts for outdoor foam/rubber and indoor foam setup.......my question is, not a 48P person, car came with a 64P alum conversion pulley, what kind of 64P spur I can use for that pulley? and what gear would you guys recommand..? 116-120T range?
Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Im gonna have some xxxs g+ cars and parts forsale.

One car setup as a dirtlatemodel

other prp towers and tamiya shocks

a whole bunch of parts. If interested [email protected]
Old 05-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi everyone i hope you dont mind a Noob to onroad in here but i have a few questions. first thing is what wheel does everyone prefer? trc, jaco? or what. i kinda like jaco but wanna know what you think. another thing is im having problems keeping my car straight when i get on throttle. thanks in advance

im having the same problem with my 12th is this a pure battery power issue?

Last edited by VooDooFlaNotch; 05-10-2006 at 03:21 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Battery problem? No. If you car is not tracking straight when you accelerate smoothly you have a tweek/wieght distribution or servo problem (assuming your car is mechanically sound and in good repair). In the back of your manual it discusses the various adjustments that will get you going straight.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Initiate

charles. thank you very much for that help. i really appreciate it and ill do just that.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Did you build the XXXS yourself or buy it assembled? If you bought it assembled I would recommend tearing the whole car down and rebuild looking for stripped holes, bad bearings etc. With the manual in hand.

If you somehow have 3 wheel drive your car will pull to one side on acceleration. Check cvd's to make sure they have the pin installed correctly. A loose setscrew will let the pin move and can get lost. Another item to check is a loose lug nut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.