Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Solara,

Any way you guys can put up a software update so we can use the LCD program box to make brake parameter changes on the Cirtix?

Thanks
Brake parameter can be change with the optional LED programmer box...

The Speed Passion GT series LCD reads a totally different software designed for the GT series speed control. I don't think there is a plan for them to change that.

Cirtix Series ESC is a totally different line of ESC compare to the GT series from Speed Passion. They tried not to mix and match each other for the future software conflict.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

does anyone in the us have one of these speedoes in stock
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Iam looking for a combo?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Call Superior Hobbies, they had quite a few in stock this weekend. http://www.superiorhobbies.com/
Old 10-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Company Representative

One of our motor customers is having problems running this Cirtix with our SS Pro 25.5 motor:

I have the Speed Passion club spec ESC http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...?p=12280&c=ESC

and the regular Novak 25.5 (not the ballistic)

I can't get them to work together. I can't reset the ESC. Tried hooking it up without the sensor wire and it let me set up the ESC, but it didn't run correctly (no brake, top end).

Hooked up the SP 17.5 motor I got with the package and it works fine.

Anyone heard of this problem? Possible solutions?
Any suggestions?
Old 10-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Blinking Lights

Just received a pair of CIRTIX Stock Club Race ESC's. One had issues and I am sure Speed Passion will take care of it. The other is installed. I followed the directions per the instructions for calibrating the ESC and transmitter. The car works awesome but the red light and yellow light are lit. The instructions say no lights should be lit? Any thoughts? I tried reversing throttle but then it doesn't work at all. I am using a Traxxas 2.4 controller.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Chip73
Just received a pair of CIRTIX Stock Club Race ESC's. One had issues and I am sure Speed Passion will take care of it. The other is installed. I followed the directions per the instructions for calibrating the ESC and transmitter. The car works awesome but the red light and yellow light are lit. The instructions say no lights should be lit? Any thoughts? I tried reversing throttle but then it doesn't work at all. I am using a Traxxas 2.4 controller.
on my instruction manual, the revised insert states that the red light will be "BLINKING" which notes to the user (or Tech Inspector) that the ECS indeed is set on "no timing" and the yellow light will be "solid" unless you are applying throttle and then it will be "off"; also when applying brake the yellow light will be"solid"

at least this is how it is on my Cirtix..

hope that helps you.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
One of our motor customers is having problems running this Cirtix with our SS Pro 25.5 motor:

Any suggestions?
I had the same problem with a 17.5 SS it would not work together with the cirtix esc not sure why? ???
Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghoppa;
on my instruction manual, the revised insert states that the red light will be "BLINKING" which notes to the user (or Tech Inspector) that the ECS indeed is set on "no timing" and the yellow light will be "solid" unless you are applying throttle and then it will be "off"; also when applying brake the yellow light will be"solid"

at least this is how it is on my Cirtix..

hope that helps you.
Helps allot. I didn't get an insert. That is what mine is doing.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo

Any suggestions?
Please have your customer contact Speed Passion USA for service..thanks.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Solara
Please have your customer contact Speed Passion USA for service..thanks.
Here is the thread with his information:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...ak-25-5-a.html
Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello there,

I just got the Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC and Ultra Sportsman V2 10.5R motor combo. I got it for a special project and my dealer and I didn't realize that the ESC doesn't support reverse and the project needs the motor to run in reverse only.

Well, I can just swap around 2 motor wires, and the motor will run backwards but then I need to disconnect the sensor wires and by doing that, I loose the low RPM torque.

So is there some way to swap around some of the sensor wires to allow the motor to run backwards in sensored mode?
I know a lot about electronics in general but brushless motors and controllers (the ESC) is new to me.

I guess if the motor timing is 0, then it should be possible to swap the correct sensor wires according to the swapped power wires and make it work.

Regards,
Futterama
Old 10-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chip73
The lights are supposed to be on.Like mine I'm sure yours came with a single piece of paper with the instructions for the cirtix stock spec,thats the one you should go by and says the the red led will blink while in use and the yellow will stay on when in neutral and will go out when throttled.The other instructions are for their other esc's.I went thru this also.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:28 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Someone knows what are the differences between Cirtix version 1 and 2? I know I got a version 2 some days ago and the new software is supposed to be corrected so motors from other brands are working better with the Cirtix. I think the LED also are working different as itīs not as with the instructions or was this blinking the red LED right from the version 1?
Are there any other differences maybe also hardware changes or just software?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had my first ESC smoke this weekend. System is in a cyclone TC geared 55/88 with 18T pullies for 3.46 FDR. Motor temps have been in the 130-140 range after a 5 minute heat. I did the first qualifier, pulled the car off cleaned it up, sauced the tires recharged battery. Second heat halfway through the warmup lap it just stopped on track, then it started cogging, then it acted ok, 2 turns later it stopped. This ESC was in the original group that was purchased in June or July by the socal-rc.com for the spec class. It had appeared to thermal at one other race, yet the motor temp wasn't hot. Over temp protection is on, 0 drag brake and 100% brakes. It let go on first hard stop at the end of a sweeper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.