Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC >

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Old 05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Our club is looking at starting a real TRUE STOCK SPEC RACING CLASS... and we are mainly looking to use the Speed Passion Citrix Stock CLUB ESC/MOTOR..

Any Representative here from Speed Passion that can help us out start this class?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This is a popular and growing solution... Email [email protected] for information
Old 05-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

There is no question that Stock racing is in a very difficult situation like we have never seen in the hobby. You should not have to have a lap top to race Stock in this hobby.

For our Euro Touring Series which is a touring car series that we have throughout Europe, We have changed to a handout Citrix and SP Motor for our stock class. So each driver in Stock will get a handout Citrix and Motor to run in the ETS.
We have done a lot of testing with these and they have worked out great. Our first event in is 2 weeks on what may be the largest track in Europe where they run electric cars. Speeds are of course slower than with the current wide open speedos, but that is what stock is for.... a slower class for people to start out in.

Scotty
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Speed Passion Citrix Stock Club Spec Speed control are in the testing phase with the USVTA official, and they are also under the testing phase with the RCGT official. These are the 2 biggest classes that can take full advantage of the true spec racing without using laptop, software, or even adjusting hidden speedo timing.

Like Scotty mentioned, speedo/motor combo like the Speed Passion Citrix Stock Club Spec will be wildly used for the local club event as a hand out equipment or as well as big sportman class event.

I can see you are from California, our team driver Charlie Barnes (chalrie_b here in RCTECH) is around the Anaheim area, he is in charge of the RCGT and has been using the club spec for all of his SPEC event, he can answer a lot of question from you. Or you can contact the US Speed Passion Manager, Mr. Shawn Palmer at

NORTH AMERICAN SALES AND SUPPORT MANAGER
Address : 13639 Tramore Drive Odessa FL 33556
Email : [email protected]
Phone : 1-866-369-0636

USA website is http://www.speedpassion.net/us/index.asp
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have been testing these units locally in both carpet(90x45) and outdoor Asphalt(170x70) and in both instances ran VERY successfully. Temping at about 100*F and is VERY fast when geared right. We already had over 25 units sold in the last 8 days. Our Series using the Cirtix Spec System seems like it will be a very successful one.

Our series will be for RCGT SPEC and SEDAN SPEC.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Just talked to Kim with the club on the phone - great talking to you!

We're now working to get you guys set up. Thanks for the support, and you'll love the systems!

Thanks to Scotty for all his support as well - the upcoming ETS race will be a groundbreaking event to put "stock" back to some sort of reality.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been keeping my eye out for word on these, the sensorless systems have been out for a wee while, when are the sensored units due Shawn?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

These are fully sensored race quality combos Conrad.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

Shawn and Charlie, I spoke to my local hobby shop/track owner yesterday at Racing City Hobbies in South Glens Falls, NY and he is considering the Citrix Stock Club esc/Sportsman V2 17.5 combo spec series. I gave him your phone number; hopefully he will call you.

He wants us who are interested in starting this class to pre-pay in advance of an initial order of 10 units from Speed Passion.

We are starting a class of pan cars with HPI vintage Trans Am bodies that would be the basis for this spec class with the Citrix combo. I hope that the track owner will "see the light" and do this as well as post it on his website. I assured him that it would help his business with increased attendance and more sales. My friends and I think this is a brilliant idea! Thank you Speed Passion for offering it!

We will see what happens next.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

We either have in place already, or are actively working on almost a dozen clubs, and spanning almost 40 tracks to start up spec classes in the USA. On road, off road, and even dirt oval!

I'm getting new clubs, tracks, and series organizer inquiries every day, so if it's not being worked on in your particular area yet, I'm sure it will be soon :-)
Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Awesome Lotus! Great to hear.

I'll be looking forward to hearing from them.

The shop makes bucks, the racers are happy - its a win-win for all!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I will be talking to my LHS to see if they can order the SP Citrix ESC/COMBO for us. As a track owner I will deffinetely get this ball rolling on our electric Off-road stock class. Nice talking to you shawn I will have my LHS give you call. Thanks

Question:

Is the motor timing Locked or adjustable?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Motor timing is NOT adjustable - fixed at zero deg.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I will be talking to my LHS to see if they can order the SP Citrix ESC/COMBO for us. As a track owner I will deffinetely get this ball rolling on our electric Off-road stock class. Nice talking to you shawn I will have my LHS give you call. Thanks

Question:

Is the motor timing Locked or adjustable?
The motor that is mate with the club spec is called Ultra Sportsman V2, and they are locked (see pic 2)....that means no timing adjustment can be done. And each motor will come with a endbell cover to seal the end. (but it is detachable). See pic 3.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do you know what the street price for these are supposed to be?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.