Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRBMOJO
same symptoms as you, excet when I turn it off, then on it works fine. The lights are on and flashing at startup, but everything works on the track. I have a Futaba 3PM.
Did you change the wires that came with the ESC or you’re using whatever came with it. Also what car did you put it in TC or 12 scale.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

wires are stock, I cut the funky motor plug and soldered directly to motor, used 4mm bullet plugs on battery side, receiver and fan wires are stock, used an LRP sensor wire, in a TC.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

wires are stock, I cut the funky motor plug and soldered directly to motor, used 4mm bullet plugs on battery side, receiver and fan wires are stock, used an LRP sensor wire, in a TC.
Exactly what I did except I unplugged the fan because I’m using it in a 12 scale. I hope I can get a hold of someone tomorrow at Speed Passions tech department to figure out what to do with this thing.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by andrew188
Is this speedo as fast as mod motor ESCs without boost, such as LRP Sphere TC or SXX TC?
Last week we tested the Cirtix together with Tekin RS Pro, LRP SXX and the LRP SPX with a SpeedPassion 13.5 v3 with max timing on the motor. All ESCs on program 0-timing and boost. The result was very equal, laptimes differed around 0,05s max.

We did drive with 4-6 cars at the same time and all the guys had real fun, big smiles afterwards. We also checked topspeeds on a 35m straight. 45 km/h entering the straight and between 57 and 60 km/h at the end. When we switched motors the topspeed difference was the same, just a bearingproblem. One motor had the original blue bearingoil and the other one was already prepped without the blue stuff. This made the 3 km/h topspeed difference!!

So imo Stock is back!!!

greetz,

Eric
Old 06-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Technique550
anyone have any trouble with getting into programming and or getting your programming to finish ??? I spent two hours last night battling my stock spec esc
The programing wouldn't finish on mine either, but if you turn it off, then back on it seems to work. The red and yellow lights flash, but seems to work fine, haven't driven on the track with it yet though.
you say programing, but the only thing you can set is the brakes and drag brake on this esc, if you are trying to use the program card that came with a different esc, i.e the gt 2.0 or pro stock 2.1, it will not work, there is a new program card for this esc. it is sold seperately, I don't have the part number right off hand.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

No, you have to set the neutral, wide open throttle and full brake positions on your radio to the esc.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used mine with my DX3s no problems

reverse throttle

Press the button

turn it on

press button for neutral

press button for full throttle

press button for full brake

turn off , turn on sorted

this was the only thing i didn't have problems with over the ETS weekend
Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

To set up you esc, please watch the video. No, it isn't me in that video.
ESC SET UP
Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
I used mine with my DX3s no problems

reverse throttle

Press the button

turn it on

press button for neutral

press button for full throttle

press button for full brake

turn off , turn on sorted

this was the only thing i didn't have problems with over the ETS weekend
Originally Posted by charlie_b
To set up you esc, please watch the video. No, it isn't me in that video.
ESC SET UP
Guys that’s what I have been trying to do all day it’s still not working. Also no beeping sound from the ESC.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tiko
Guys that’s what I have been trying to do all day it’s still not working. Also no beeping sound from the ESC.
Tiko, are u in Socal? Maybe i can meet up with u to check it out. Im out here in Orange County. Maybe we can meet at Ultimate Hobbies or something. I can take a look at it and see what the problem is.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Tiko, are u in Socal? Maybe i can meet up with u to check it out. Im out here in Orange County. Maybe we can meet at Ultimate Hobbies or something. I can take a look at it and see what the problem is.
I am we actually met before at Tamiya and Roadrunners. I got the combo from Sean at TQ last Saturday for the upcoming carpet series. I wanted to go to TQ tomorrow for practice but I can’t get the ESC working.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ericjooopuntnl
Last week we tested the Cirtix together with Tekin RS Pro, LRP SXX and the LRP SPX with a SpeedPassion 13.5 v3 with max timing on the motor. All ESCs on program 0-timing and boost. The result was very equal, laptimes differed around 0,05s max.

We did drive with 4-6 cars at the same time and all the guys had real fun, big smiles afterwards. We also checked topspeeds on a 35m straight. 45 km/h entering the straight and between 57 and 60 km/h at the end. When we switched motors the topspeed difference was the same, just a bearingproblem. One motor had the original blue bearingoil and the other one was already prepped without the blue stuff. This made the 3 km/h topspeed difference!!

So imo Stock is back!!!

greetz,

Eric

Eric,

That's really good to read! Was this at Apeldoorn or at Mach?
I think all club's should switch to a zero timing "stock" class, Also the nationals should switch next year.

We'll keep in touch,

Robert
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Eric,

That's really good to read! Was this at Apeldoorn or at Mach?
I think all club's should switch to a zero timing "stock" class, Also the nationals should switch next year.

We'll keep in touch,

Robert
We got one in Groningen , 10.5 zero timing speedos , works really well , close racing and some quick lap times
Old 06-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Per ROAR Rules if you are running SPORTSMAN in a national event you will have to use ESC with zero timing/Boost.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tiko
check and make sure you have it plugged in the rcvr the correct way??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.