Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dodgeguy/Goots - Over here in the UK the parts are distributed by HPI Europe. I have checked with UK shops and also shops based in China (won't do US anymore as they all charge something mental for postage, I had to buy a layshaft from an american outlet a few weeks back, it cost me £20GBP in postage for a layshaft but i was stuffed as it was needed desperately!!!). Items I find harder to get are the plastic parts. Wishbones have been a problem also.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
Dodgeguy/Goots - Over here in the UK the parts are distributed by HPI Europe. I have checked with UK shops and also shops based in China (won't do US anymore as they all charge something mental for postage, I had to buy a layshaft from an american outlet a few weeks back, it cost me £20GBP in postage for a layshaft but i was stuffed as it was needed desperately!!!). Items I find harder to get are the plastic parts. Wishbones have been a problem also.
I know when I got the car I had trouble finding spares, but as months went on, supply has gotten much better. Most of the online shops have what I need. Sad to hear supply in the UK is not to par with you.

Plastic? these are common spares ie. c blocks, suspension arms, steering knuckles. I think I have like 4 of each in my pit cases for rainy days.

As for wishbones. Go for steel. Im running DCJ up front and the elusive/discontinued pro4 steel axles in the rear. I know SpecR makes some nice steel axles if your looking for spares.

If you honestly believe parts support for you is bad. There is nothing wrong moving to another brand if you can easily get parts for.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi Hiro thanks for keeping us up to date on what is going on with the release of the TCXX. I was wondering if your allowed to give us any specifications on the new car, i was mostly interested in what chassis it will come with as i see at most recent races the solid chassis with very little holes have been run?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/parts.php...68700&type=STD

Sorry guys, I have to disagree here. Pretty much every part for the TCX is in stock at Hpi UK at the moment for the shops to buy. Iv'e had a quick run through as well and all the fundamentals especially have a healthy stock quantity.

Check the above link and under the TC-FD.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=68727 layshaft
Old 07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bar
hi Hiro thanks for keeping us up to date on what is going on with the release of the TCXX. I was wondering if your allowed to give us any specifications on the new car, i was mostly interested in what chassis it will come with as i see at most recent races the solid chassis with very little holes have been run?
The TCXX will come with our newly designed 2.5mm narrow main chassis. After tons of testing in R&D, we figured that this chassis covers very wide range of the track condition so we picked this one as kit std chassis.

The solid chassis (almost no cut-out) that you have menioned will also be available as an option item. The thickness of this chassis is 2.25mm which is 0.25mm thiner than kit std chassis but it has way less cut-out, so i would say it is about the same stiffness for the sideway. However, this optional chassis provides less flex front to back. I think it is nice to have both chassis and use whichever the best for the race condition. (which is pretty much what our team is doing)

There are many other new features on the TCXX such as new uuper deck, new motor mount w/rear belt tentioner, Hex shape locking style center pulleys, new sway bars, new suspension blocks,new servo mounts, new longer steering cranks, new shock spring adjusters and retainers, new shock stand-offs, new shock pistons, new steering knuckles and rear hubs, our own new gear diff, etc...

Thanks,

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
The TCXX will come with our newly designed 2.5mm narrow main chassis. After tons of testing in R&D, we figured that this chassis covers very wide range of the track condition so we picked this one as kit std chassis.

The solid chassis (almost no cut-out) that you have menioned will also be available as an option item. The thickness of this chassis is 2.25mm which is 0.25mm thiner than kit std chassis but it has way less cut-out, so i would say it is about the same stiffness for the sideway. However, this optional chassis provides less flex front to back. I think it is nice to have both chassis and use whichever the best for the race condition. (which is pretty much what our team is doing)

There are many other new features on the TCXX such as new uuper deck, new motor mount w/rear belt tentioner, Hex shape locking style center pulleys, new sway bars, new suspension blocks,new servo mounts, new longer steering cranks, new shock spring adjusters and retainers, new shock stand-offs, new shock pistons, new steering knuckles and rear hubs, our own new gear diff, etc...

Thanks,

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
the updated car looks great! looking forward to building a new kit
Old 07-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow

Thanks,

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
thanks hiro the new TCXX is sounding really good. I hope they bring out the other chassis not to long after the release of the TCXX, as like you say it is nice to have the option for different tracks. I'm guessing the new chassis that is being tested is more for high grip tracks like at the last round of the ETS as it has very few holes in it?

Last edited by Bar; 07-13-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Okay Daft question,

I was wondering what 64dp spurs fit the tcx. I know the hotbodies ones, but was thinking like r.w etc if you wanna run less than 110.

Regards

James
Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
Okay Daft question,

I was wondering what 64dp spurs fit the tcx. I know the hotbodies ones, but was thinking like r.w etc if you wanna run less than 110.

Regards

James
pretty much every spur works in the TCX - especially once you get smaller then 100 i'm running a xenon one, 98t to be exact - and i still pull the top deck off and pull out the layshaft to do the final adjustments on the pinion

but that's just me
Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

read through most of forum what i would like to know is what should be changed on the tcx to make it race ready and reliable? just built tcx and wanted to know what else i should get. read alot about axles and caster blocks and huba and dogbones any help would be appreciated
Old 07-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

any one know where i can get the purple shock adjusters and spring perches from pref in the uk? i see the adjuster have been discontinued?
also im looking at geting a gear diff should i just wait for the HB one or just get the specR one? thanks.

rattlr2, iv only just got a tcx and havent raced in 3 to 4 years all i got for the car was the specR v2 swing shafts for the front and some 1.1 3hole pistons. raced on sunday and was rite on the pace. this car is very good out the box. caught a few curbs hard and nothing broke. so to answe,r really its fast out the box.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Many thanks for that k_bojar, I found a 70tooth spur in my pit bag which fitted with my 38 pinion, who said running blinky was easy lol

Originally Posted by k_bojar
pretty much every spur works in the TCX - especially once you get smaller then 100 i'm running a xenon one, 98t to be exact - and i still pull the top deck off and pull out the layshaft to do the final adjustments on the pinion

but that's just me
Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bob33
any one know where i can get the purple shock adjusters and spring perches from pref in the uk? i see the adjuster have been discontinued?
also im looking at geting a gear diff should i just wait for the HB one or just get the specR one? thanks.

rattlr2, iv only just got a tcx and havent raced in 3 to 4 years all i got for the car was the specR v2 swing shafts for the front and some 1.1 3hole pistons. raced on sunday and was rite on the pace. this car is very good out the box. caught a few curbs hard and nothing broke. so to answe,r really its fast out the box.
Give MMRFLUX a call, based in Wiltshire. You wil need to call as their website is not very comprehensive
Old 07-19-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bob33

Wait for the hot bodies diff
the spec-r are not very good, they leak and are failure prone ,
i have lots of trouble with them even with boosted stock ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.