Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Cyclone Diff

Hello, I have the older model Cyclone S Tub Chassis kit, I was wondering if the Spec R gear diff will fit in the S to replace the ball diff.
Regards, Les
Old 07-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So looks like Hara didnt make top ten ...but moore is 3rd on the grid so hopefully he brings home the win so we all can get the tcx-x
Old 07-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Les
Hello, I have the older model Cyclone S Tub Chassis kit, I was wondering if the Spec R gear diff will fit in the S to replace the ball diff.
Regards, Les
its possible to get it to fit. I put one in my TC - BUT I needed a ton of shims (like 20 on each side) to get the diff in there correctly. you will also need some different bearings with a smaller inner diameter (outer the same) to fit there the diff will sit in the bearings..

look in the other thread for a post by me for pics!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, given that some parts are hard to come by unless you buy them overseas (and even then their parts surpluss is running low too) I can see me going over to Tamiya. Getting fed up of waiting waiting and more waiting for something that has been pushed back more times than a jelly roll fat girl on heat !!!

Im not going to buy another TCX as it seems a waste of money buying 2 year old tech now...as good as the car is. Was thinking of doing off-road so this would be the death kill on my TCX if a release date doesnt materialise, and be a firm date too.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
Well, given that some parts are hard to come by unless you buy them overseas (and even then their parts surpluss is running low too) I can see me going over to Tamiya. Getting fed up of waiting waiting and more waiting for something that has been pushed back more times than a jelly roll fat girl on heat !!!

Im not going to buy another TCX as it seems a waste of money buying 2 year old tech now...as good as the car is. Was thinking of doing off-road so this would be the death kill on my TCX if a release date doesnt materialise, and be a firm date too.
Theres been some talk on here that they are waiting to see who wins the worlds before they release it ....if they release it .....that talk about if they dont win they wont release it does sound pretty funny since i think a lot hot bodiies fans are jumpin ship if they dont get a new model soon...myself included!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ya I would really hold out for this but if they don't come out with a new one soon I'll have to get either a bd5 or an Xray.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

The TCXX kit should be available very soon. We have done all the r&d and are just wating for the shipment of the kits. It will all up to the packaging process but it should be early to mid August.

We are not waiting to see who is going to win the worlds as there is no point to do like that. We have developed the new TCXX already, all we need to do next it deliver this awesome car to everyone who is waiting for long time.

I will make another post here as soon as we get the kits arrived here (USA).
Thank you.

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Hello everyone,

The TCXX kit should be available very soon. We have done all the r&d and are just wating for the shipment of the kits. It will all up to the packaging process but it should be early to mid August.

We are not waiting to see who is going to win the worlds as there is no point to do like that. We have developed the new TCXX already, all we need to do next it deliver this awesome car to everyone who is waiting for long time.

I will make another post here as soon as we get the kits arrived here (USA).
Thank you.

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
cant wait
Old 07-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hiro, trouble is parts are also getting more scarce too, so this isn't just about the new kits. What is HPI/HB actually doing about this ?

all well and good giving a possible release date (again), but until I see them being sold, and see that parts are becoming available again...then for now my car is close to being sold off to be replaced by a 417X
Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hiro, trouble is parts are also getting more scarce too, so this isn't just about the new kits. What is HPI/HB actually doing about this ?

all well and good giving a possible release date (again), but until I see them being sold, and see that parts are becoming available again...then for now my car is close to being sold off to be replaced by a 417X
im curious what parts do you find to be scarce?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone letting go their TCX let me know
Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

Yes we are working on it. There are some different factors that making the parts availability problem. For some factors, we cannot solve them by our own side, we actually need to work closely with distributors, hobby shops to solve the problem completely.

We are very sorry for all the inconvenience.

Hiro Kasuya
HB/hpi
Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Which parts are you talking about? I am able to get every part from tower typicly or other places like Amain. Some items may be on BO, but usually comes in at least by a week or two.

If you are talking about over seas then the distributor is the problem.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

now that hiro put something out I'm really excited for this chassis
Old 07-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Which parts are you talking about? I am able to get every part from tower typicly or other places like Amain. Some items may be on BO, but usually comes in at least by a week or two.

If you are talking about over seas then the distributor is the problem.
agree with that....100% or even order direct from Hot Bodies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.