XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

As for trimming teeth, I did it to my vta (21.5 with a spool on high traction carpet) and have had no problems. When I clipped the teeth, I saved every one and put them on a gram scale just for fun... turns out, those little suckers add up! Clipping every other tooth not only make the belt WAY more flexible, it weighed 0.8 grams less. When running a spec class with a set minimum weight, every little bit of rotating mass you can eliminate will be an advantage.
Fingernail clippers work great for tooth extraction!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I have a complete XXX-S G+ car setup for VTA class (camaro body) that I'm looking to sell as an RTR or could strip it down to a roller. Haven't posted it in the for sale section yet as I wanted to offer it here first. Can get pics to anyone interested.

PM for more info.

Thanks
CSR
Old 04-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sorry haven't posted much lately folks. Still playing with shock fluids to try and control the body roll. Still not handling bad but could be better. Still don't believe the G+ chassis needs sway bars for 17.5 or 21.5 motors. I'm aiming for a very compliant ride with appropriate roll. I've changed rear shock mount position to the lower one on my xtreme CF towers and I'm at 50psi fluid now. My next step will be slightly stiffer springs on my jrxs shocks.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys just been goin thru more stuff an found two sets of Trinity Matt Francis low roll centre blocks still in packs

Also still have some dynamite alloy red parts to suit xxxs
one set front hub carriers nip
one motor mount nip
two motor mounts 2nd hand (one has been drilled for a fan by looks of it)

pm me if your interested
Old 04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

here are a few pics of one i built up for the shelf a while ago
Attached Thumbnails XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes-photo1.jpg   XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes-photo6.jpg  
Old 04-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Never ceases to amaze me how good the old girl looks with a few well placed pieces of bling. Nice...Very Nice.
BTW, send me a PM for pricing on those MF roll center blocks. Do you have fronts and rears ? Thanks
Got the name of a anodizing company here in the US that has experience with RC cars. In addition to the pieces for my new JRXSR I think I'll get a XXX-S done. Gotta find that Dynamite front arm set and the motor/heat sink. Maybe get it done in Silver ?? Any thoughts All ??
Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Got the name of a anodizing company here in the US that has experience with RC cars. In addition to the pieces for my new JRXSR I think I'll get a XXX-S done. Gotta find that Dynamite front arm set and the motor/heat sink. Maybe get it done in Silver ?? Any thoughts All ??
Got a name, website or telephone? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey you need some Losi MF1 red tie rod end caps................I played with alot of springs for VTA carpet and settled on blue front and red rear and only running the front anti sway bar. If you find a rear sway bar kit it will work on the front fine. Now we will move to aspalt so now I get to start over.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vabroom
Got a name, website or telephone? Thanks in advance.
Deluxe Anodizing
508 Michigan Ave.
Buffalo, NY, 14203-1608
(716) 856-6203

Got the info from Greg Sharpe. I'll be in touch with them shortly and share any info I can.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks, Evoracer
Old 04-07-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Evo
I see ya runnin jrxs shocks now, are they any better than the xxxs shocks???
And do the standard xxxs springs work/fit with them??

Cheers

ps pm sent about mf roll centres etc
Old 04-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got a nasty shudder in the front end when I power around a corner any ideas? carpet VTA. Diff too tight? Too stiff up front? Not enough camber? Just over-driving it?
Old 04-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Initiate

From what i've dealt with, too stiff up front. try laying the tops of the shocks in or go to next softer spring.
Mine would start doing this about mid way through a race when the tires warmed up.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by paraletic
Hey Evo
I see ya runnin jrxs shocks now, are they any better than the xxxs shocks???
And do the standard xxxs springs work/fit with them??

Cheers

ps pm sent about mf roll centres etc
Shocks are smaller in dimension so you have to use different springs. I don't know if "better" is the right word. For me....easier. Current design so fluid goes in through the top. All the same length so no complications. Springs are all same length but also same color...not so good but easy to overcome. I mark mine with different tick marks for each spring tension. Or you could use any number of other springs. Tamiya, HPI, Possibly Xray. I also find these to fell much lighter. Haven't weighed them but its pretty evident.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Well...whole new ball of wax for me now. Our club is going back to VTA only so I'm abondoning the setup I was pursuing for RCGT. Originally we were running both classes and the car always handled well in VTA trim. Since I've gone to the JRXS shocks I'll have to find the right formula for VTA again but I still believe in having very compliant shocks. Right now I'm at 50psi fluid, no sway bars. I'll start with the 17.5 springs and see how she does. I may look at the sway bars again as VTA ride heights tend to be a bit higher.
Honestly, the XXX-S is a perfect car for this class. I recently bought a used JRXSR and I'm already having second thoughts about running it. The simple,trustworthy and bulletproof X just fits so well with VTA. Setting up my car now so in a week at our next club race I'll see what happens and report. C Ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.