Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default gearing????

What pinion and spur is a good starting spot for 17.5?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm going to jump into 17.5 blinky club class with a second XXX-S in the coming weeks. On my short carpet track, using rubber tires, I'll likely start out with the same final drive ratio as my spec silver can car. 48 pitch 88 spur/26 pinion. I'll check temps and go up or down from there.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default VTA asphalt

My VTA sealed / treated asphalt setup
2/14/15 2nd and 2/21/15 1st

===

XXX-S RTR

VTA

FRONT

toe - 0
RH - 5.5
camber - -1
droop - 2
arm space - .030 front
Pivit block - RTR
block - 0R (bottom)
front drive - spooler (used file card)
front diff - small pulley (41T)
axle - steel
tower - 3
tower - graphite
link - 2
arm - 2
shock spring - blue
oil- 50
piston - black

REAR

RH - 6.0
camber - -1
droop - 5
arm space - mdl
pivit block - RTR
block - 0R (top)
rear diff - small pulley (41T)
axle - alm
diff cover - graphite
tower - 2
tower - graphite
link - 4
hub - A
Hub - TC3 (drilled to fit pin)
arm - out
shock spring - silver
oil - 50
piston - black

spur - 86
pinion - 40
motor - Speed Passion V3 25.5
esc - Speed Passion GT2.1
battery - 4800 lipo shorty
battery - front
belt - Josh Howard <<< THE belt to have!!!!!!

Track(s)

Treated
http://www.t3t4webservice.com/qsl.html

Sealed
http://www.t3t4webservice.com/mann.html

Old 02-28-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Tested in front of house, worked great, was planning to race test today RAIN!!!!! <<<

====

Sanding disk p180
B4 slipper pad
B4 spur 84t

Wanted a spur option other than what Losi has to offer. Did NOT have the spur adapter.

Having done the file card spooler to the front diff, got to thinking!! Don't remember who on here shared the "file card" spooler tip, THANKS!!!

Looked thru the parts box and came out with a XXX4 spur gear mount. A bit of Uni-Biting a AE B4 84t spur (top gear in picture) to adjust the center hole of the spur to fit the XXX4 mount.

Using the AE B4 slipper pad to make "spooler pads" out of the P180 grit sanding disk. The sanding disk is sticky on one side to keep it on a sander pad. The sticky side will be used to hold these to the slipper disk, sand side to the spur.

Stick the slipper pad to sanding disk and cut around disk, mark the center hole (used a pen) and cut that out, do two.

The B4 spur (bottom spur in picture) has a flange to hold the slipper in place, carefully removed these with a X-Acto knife.

===

Any spur should work IF the body is smooth, the gear for a TC4 didn't work!!! Tried that first.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bumping this thread for the hell of it. No one gives a damn so it's sort of like a diary for me. lol

My VTA car is killing it at my LHS. We finally switched to full VTA rules. Didn't have to add any weight to my chassis, but everyone else did. 25.5's and lipo's are a lot more fun than silver cans and crappy 1800 nicads. My car carries a ton of speed through the corners against a class full of mostly Mi1's and a few TC3's. Best part is the forgiving handling.

My 17.5 car is another story. It's fast as hell and now holds the track record... but I have to be on the wheel 100% of the time or it'll bite me. I've only won a couple races. Been having a tough time getting the droop right to avoid traction rolling/compared to causing the rear end to get loose. Running against late model xray's, Mi5, and a few late model Associated's. Set up is based off of the old Paul Lemieux carpet set up sheet. Rubber tires on sticky carpet.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tmail55
Tested in front of house, worked great, was planning to race test today RAIN!!!!! <<<

====

Sanding disk p180
B4 slipper pad
B4 spur 84t

Wanted a spur option other than what Losi has to offer. Did NOT have the spur adapter.

Having done the file card spooler to the front diff, got to thinking!! Don't remember who on here shared the "file card" spooler tip, THANKS!!!

Looked thru the parts box and came out with a XXX4 spur gear mount. A bit of Uni-Biting a AE B4 84t spur (top gear in picture) to adjust the center hole of the spur to fit the XXX4 mount.

Using the AE B4 slipper pad to make "spooler pads" out of the P180 grit sanding disk. The sanding disk is sticky on one side to keep it on a sander pad. The sticky side will be used to hold these to the slipper disk, sand side to the spur.

Stick the slipper pad to sanding disk and cut around disk, mark the center hole (used a pen) and cut that out, do two.

The B4 spur (bottom spur in picture) has a flange to hold the slipper in place, carefully removed these with a X-Acto knife.

===

Any spur should work IF the body is smooth, the gear for a TC4 didn't work!!! Tried that first.

Update

3 races and NO problems!!
Old 04-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GhostTown
Bumping this thread for the hell of it. No one gives a damn so it's sort of like a diary for me. lol

My VTA car is killing it at my LHS. We finally switched to full VTA rules. Didn't have to add any weight to my chassis, but everyone else did. 25.5's and lipo's are a lot more fun than silver cans and crappy 1800 nicads. My car carries a ton of speed through the corners against a class full of mostly Mi1's and a few TC3's. Best part is the forgiving handling.

My 17.5 car is another story. It's fast as hell and now holds the track record... but I have to be on the wheel 100% of the time or it'll bite me. I've only won a couple races. Been having a tough time getting the droop right to avoid traction rolling/compared to causing the rear end to get loose. Running against late model xray's, Mi5, and a few late model Associated's. Set up is based off of the old Paul Lemieux carpet set up sheet. Rubber tires on sticky carpet.

Those "OLD" setup are GOLDEN!!!!! :-)

Try a bit more front RH, should move a bit of traction to the rear. Went from 5.5 to 5.8 and the rear sticks better for me. IF you have the threaded shocks set the front to 5.5 then give the spring adjust nuts a 1/2 to 3/4 turn to get the .3 extra.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tmail55
Those "OLD" setup are GOLDEN!!!!! :-)

Try a bit more front RH, should move a bit of traction to the rear. Went from 5.5 to 5.8 and the rear sticks better for me. IF you have the threaded shocks set the front to 5.5 then give the spring adjust nuts a 1/2 to 3/4 turn to get the .3 extra.
Very cool. I do run the threaded shocks on both cars, so I'll tinker with that adjustment. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default xxxs for sale

Tons of parts, new kinwald gear adaptor, 2 bodies, all graphite, all the red stuff, $200 obo shipped, NO ELECTRONICS
Old 05-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jp_hotwheels
Tons of parts, new kinwald gear adaptor, 2 bodies, all graphite, all the red stuff, $200 obo shipped, NO ELECTRONICS
OK...details ?
Old 05-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Can't figure out how to post pics

Originally Posted by bigfatslob
OK...details ?
shoot me a message with phone number I'll shoot pics, I listed $175 shipped on facebook
Old 05-18-2015, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default xxxs for sale

Just posted up my xxxs on ebay, it's nice with all the fancy red stuff
Old 07-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

where are you folks getting thrust bearings and diff rings for these cars, can't find them anywhere